Finance Expert2017 - PRESENTEuropean Commission
Focus areas: Technology, Business Planning, Fintech, Project Evaluation, Startup Funding
- Evaluated funding proposals of highly innovative small and medium enterprises and startups in the fields of fintech, smart housing, internet of things (IoT), and construction innovation.
- Assessed business plans to identify the most disruptive and scalable businesses.
- Identified disruptive ideas to help startups access funding for prototype development of up to EUR 50,000, or go-to-market funding for EUR 1-2 million.
Managing Director | Member of the Board2013 - PRESENTNBG Asset Management Luxembourg
Focus areas: Investment Monitoring, Financial Modeling, Portfolio Analysis, Budgeting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Management, Fund Management, Investment Portfolio Management
- Oversaw the delegated investment management of the Luxembourg domiciled UCITS, SICAV, and FCP funds.
- Monitored the investment strategies and portfolios operations. Engaged with portfolio management teams in the areas of performance, risk, and compliance.
- Acted as interim CFO; built a model for internal projections, analyzed profitability, cut costs, and prepared the 5-year budget.
Head of Discretionary Asset Management2002 - PRESENTNational Bank of Greece Asset Management
Focus areas: Quantitative Analysis, Economic Value Added, Cash Flow Modeling, Due Diligence, Valuation Modeling, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Portfolio Analysis, Financial Modeling, Investment Thesis, Three-statement Modeling, Financial Statements, Equity Research, DCF Valuation, Valuation, Comparable Company Analysis, Investment Portfolio Management, Asset Acquisition
- Managed €550 million in assets under management primarily from pension funds, investing in European and US equities and fixed income. Outperformed relative benchmarks in all portfolios.
- Developed the investment strategy based on a top-down approach for asset allocation and a bottom-up approach for stock selection, using macro, fundamental, quantitative, and technical analysis.
- Led a team of two buy-side equity research analysts. Conducted equity research, including financial statement analyses, DCF valuation, and comparable company analyses.
- Built detailed financial models for the companies in the investment universe. Projected revenues, costs, and cash flows and analyzed profitability, liquidity and economic added value.
- Researched and developed investment strategies, based on valuation, factor analysis, trend following and risk parity using Excel, VBA, Matlab, and R.
- Performed due diligence and analysis on hedge fund managers. Evaluated qualitative factors and risk/return performance. Replicated hedge fund returns with econometric models.
- Worked on acquisition projects, conducted due diligence, comparable valuation and DCF valuation. Built financial models, projected P&L and cash flow, and analyzed the effects.
Equity Research Analyst1999 - 2002P&K Securities (acquired by National Bank of Greece in 2007)
Focus areas: P&L Forecasting, Cash Flow Forecasting, Revenue & Expense Projections, Three-statement Modeling, Comparable Company Analysis, Financial Modeling, Equity Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Valuation Multiples, Valuation, DCF Valuation, Financial Statements, Equity Research
- Conducted sell-side equity research, including industry and company analysis, financial statement analysis, DCF valuation and comparable valuation.
- Developed detailed projections of P&L, balance sheet, and cash flows, prepared the three-statement operating model and evaluated economic profitability.
- Covered energy, materials, food, utilities, technology and communication companies.
- Prepared the investment case, explained the risk factors, and advised institutional clients.
Financial Analyst1997 - 1999Heineken (Athenian Brewery)
Focus areas: Accounting Consolidation, Revenue & Expense Projections, Five-year Projections, Price Analysis, DCF Valuation, Financial Modeling, Budgeting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Gained experience as a management trainee with on-the-job training in marketing, sales, production, logistics, and finance.
- Prepared revenues and cost analysis, profitability analysis and financial statements analysis. Contributed to the budgeting and consolidation.
- Built valuation for the potential acquisition of breweries in southeastern Europe.
- Rebuild and restructured the financial analysis and reporting models, using advanced Excel modeling and VBA coding.