Verified Expert in Finance
Yuriy is an accomplished leader with a solid record of achievements across multiple finance functions, a proven ability to drive business results, and exceptional analytical skills combined with strong business sense. He is a subject matter expert in automating finance processes using RPA and AI and implementing business performance management tools, systems, and reports. Yuriy enjoys freelancing as it provides opportunities to unlock new value and make businesses more efficient.
- Redefined and streamlined finance function with effective FTEs reduction by over 30%, together with improved reliability of data and internal controls. Built an effective and efficient retail finance capable of quickly reacting to business needs.
- Designed and implemented automated retail revenue recognition and reconciliation system, the most advanced solution in the industry. The system allows for automatic posting and reconciliation of millions of sales-on-board transactions.
- Introduced business results review process to challenge and question revenue and cost elements by customers. Achieved improvements in business EBITDA by more than three times within two years.
- Led the due diligence process of a CHF 250 million acquisition of a business in Scandinavia to closing. Managed integration activities and savings tracker to fully achieve the initial target. Combined effectively two finance functions into one.
- Optimized the tax reporting process across 30+ European countries. Achieved full VAT and excise duty compliance within a highly complex tax regulation environment across the globe.
Director, Group Financial Planning and Analysis
- Oversaw the global rollout of a web-based travel expense management system. The system standardized and substantially sped up travel expense submission, approval, and reimbursement process, as well as a fully automated back-office function.
- Acted as the interim finance director for portfolio country in 2012. Led reorganization of the local finance department and co-led a turnaround effort recognized as the most effective turnaround of the year.
- Developed a robust financial model for a key customer's service offering revamps. Played a pivotal role in commercial negotiations to the final contract and implementation of the new billing process.
- Provided quarterly reviews of IT costs to CIO and CFO. Completed and successfully presented group IT budgets and forecasts to executive management. Enhanced internal control of IT costs and implemented usage-based IT cost recharges across the group.
- Managed implementation of SAP FICO in the country and COPA worldwide within tight deadlines and budget. Led business warehouse steering committee and initialized and managed automation of many business warehouse functions throughout the group.
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Led financial planning, forecasting, and analysis of the group.
- Managed financial due diligence and preparation of a working capital report for listing the company on the Warsaw stock exchange, which brought an additional $20 million in equity.
- Led a team to create a pitch deck for future investors.
Corporate FP&A and IT Director
- Oversaw financial due diligence and preparation for listing the company on the Warsaw stock exchange, which brought an additional USD 20 million in equity.
- Led financial management, planning, and analysis of all business operations. Created the economic profit projection model and introduced a new set of KPIs used as a business management tool. Managed the IT function of the group.
- Managed cash flow from subsidiaries, prepared operational reports to manage working capital and its components throughout the group and managed FX risks.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
University of Chicago Booth School of Business - Chicago, IL, USA
Data Science Specialization
Machine Learning Specialization
RPA & AI Automation: Technologies and Implementation
London School of Economics and Political Science