Android Developer – Full-time, Remote
About the job
Toptal developers work with speed and efficiency to deliver the highest quality of work. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their client’s business, and ready to work on exciting projects with Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups, with great rates and zero hassles. If you are looking for a place to advance your career, enhance your skill set, and build connections around the globe, Toptal is right for you.
Toptal is an exclusive network of top freelancers from around the world. Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups hire Toptal for their most important projects. Toptal is one of the fastest-growing fully remote networks and empowers freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers worldwide to grow and excel in their freelance careers.
Toptal clients vary in sizes and industries, from enterprise organizations and big tech companies to Silicon Valley startups and renowned universities. Once you enter the network, our matchers will contact you with project opportunities that fit your expertise and preferences. We have experts in over 120 countries who get to work remotely on projects that meet their career ambitions.
About the role
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of Android devices. Your primary responsibilities might vary from: (1) translate designs and wireframes into high quality code, (2) design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code, (3) ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application, (4) identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs, and (5) help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Full Time (preferred)
Related Skills:iOSReact NativeMobil App Development
Opportunities at Our Network
Consumer Products & Services
We are a large consumer products company developing augmented reality (AR) experiences for mobile applications.
We are a full-service human resources company based in the US, crafting creative solutions for both big and small international clients.
Senior Android Engineer
Marketing & Advertising
We are an international marketing company building a best-in-class mobile app.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the screening process look like?
Why do I have to go through screening?
How long does the process take?
How does Toptal make money?
How much can I earn?
Does Toptal take a cut from the hourly rate I set?
How many projects can I take on at one time?
I have multiple skills and am interested in working on projects that can utilize the different skill sets
I’m interested in a new project but I don’t have the exact skill required.
Interested in this opportunity?