Data Scientist – Full-time, Remote
About the job
Toptal freelancers work with speed and efficiency to deliver the highest quality of work. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their client’s business, and ready to work on exciting projects with Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups, with great rates and zero hassles. If you are looking for a place to advance your career, enhance your skill set, and build connections around the globe, Toptal is right for you.
Toptal is an exclusive network of top freelancers from around the world. Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups hire Toptal for their most important projects. Toptal is one of the fastest-growing fully remote networks and empowers freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers worldwide to grow and excel in their freelance careers.
Toptal clients vary in sizes and industries, from enterprise organizations and big tech companies to Silicon Valley startups and renowned universities. Once you enter the network, our matchers will contact you with project opportunities that fit your expertise and preferences. We have experts in over 120 countries who get to work remotely on projects that meet their career ambitions.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help discover information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with different products.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills.
- Data-oriented personality.
- Experience with system architecture or leading a software team is a strong advantage
- Full-time availability is a strong advantage
Full Time (preferred)
Related Skills:PythonRData EngineeringMachine Learning
Opportunities at Our Network
We are a popular online learning platform with millions of users leading the way in connecting students with instructors around the world.
Chief Automation Engineer
Industrial & Manufacturing
We are a healthcare startup using big data and machine learning to automate healthcare news.
Machine Learning Engineer
Marketing & Advertising
We are a digital creative platform with a large client base working to democratize access to digital content.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the screening process look like?
Why do I have to go through screening?
How long does the process take?
How does Toptal make money?
How much can I earn?
Does Toptal take a cut from the hourly rate I set?
How many projects can I take on at one time?
I have multiple skills and am interested in working on projects that can utilize the different skill sets
I’m interested in a new project but I don’t have the exact skill required.
Interested in this opportunity?