Python Developer – Full-time, Remote
About the job
Toptal developers work with speed and efficiency to deliver the highest quality of work. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their client’s business, and ready to work on exciting projects with Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups, with great rates and zero hassles. If you are looking for a place to advance your career, enhance your skill set, and build connections around the globe, Toptal is right for you.
Toptal is an exclusive network of top freelancers from around the world. Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups hire Toptal for their most important projects. Toptal is one of the fastest-growing fully remote networks and empowers freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers worldwide to grow and excel in their freelance careers.
Toptal clients vary in sizes and industries, from enterprise organizations and big tech companies to Silicon Valley startups and renowned universities. Once you enter the network, our matchers will contact you with project opportunities that fit your expertise and preferences. We have experts in over 120 countries who get to work remotely on projects that meet their career ambitions.
About the role
We are looking for a Python Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
Full Time (preferred)
Related Skills:Back-end DevelopmentJavaNode.js
Opportunities at Our Network
Expert Python Developer
We are a Series B-funded startup in hypergrowth phase.
Consumer Products & Services
We are a national retailer currently expanding our data analytics efforts.
Consumer Products & Services
We are a startup building a B2C-oriented product that is in the early stages of adoption on the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the screening process look like?
Why do I have to go through screening?
How long does the process take?
How does Toptal make money?
How much can I earn?
Does Toptal take a cut from the hourly rate I set?
How many projects can I take on at one time?
I have multiple skills and am interested in working on projects that can utilize the different skill sets
I’m interested in a new project but I don’t have the exact skill required.
Interested in this opportunity?