Remote Ruby Developer Job - Freelance, Full-time
About the job
Toptal developers work with speed and efficiency to deliver the highest quality of work. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their client’s business, and ready to work on exciting projects with Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups, with great rates and zero hassles. If you are looking for a place to advance your career, enhance your skill set, and build connections around the globe, Toptal is right for you.
Toptal is an exclusive network of top freelancers from around the world. Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups hire Toptal for their most important projects. Toptal is one of the fastest-growing fully remote networks and empowers freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers worldwide to grow and excel in their freelance careers.
Toptal clients vary in sizes and industries, from enterprise organizations and big tech companies to Silicon Valley startups and renowned universities. Once you enter the network, our matchers will contact you with project opportunities that fit your expertise and preferences. We have experts in over 120 countries who get to work remotely on projects that meet their career ambitions.
About the role
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary responsibilities might vary from: (1) design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code, (2) integration of data storage solutions, (3) integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic, and (4) identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with development aiding tools
- Experience with system architecture or leading a software team is a strong advantage
- Full-time availability is a strong advantage
Full Time (preferred)
Related Skills:Back-end Development
Opportunities at Our Network
Remote Senior Ruby-on-Rails Developer Job to Maintain our Platform (Full-Time)
We’re looking for a senior-level Ruby engineer to maintain and improve the sophistication and quality of our platform, allowing us to release stable software at an accelerated pace.
Remote Ruby On Rails Job for Software Development Firm (Part-time)
We're a rapidly growing software development firm looking for an ambitious, senior-level Rails developer to join our fast-paced, world-class team.
Remote Ruby on Rails Developer Job for Product Development Company (Full-time)
Consumer Products & Services
We are a top product development company that works on a variety of intense, challenging projects involving building new products from the ground up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Clients and Jobs
Requirements For Joining
By clicking Sign up with LinkedIn, you agree to let Toptal store your LinkedIn profile.