Why should you use Toptal to build your career?
- Grow your career by working with top companiesAt Toptal, you’ll choose from projects with industry leaders like Airbnb and J.P. Morgan and learn cutting-edge technologies and skills.
- Never worry about paymentsAt Toptal, you set your own rate, always get paid on time, and never have to worry about negotiating with clients or competing with cheap, inexperienced developers.
- Design your own lifestyleNo offices, no useless meetings, and no mandatory hours. You choose your own availability and enjoy the freedom to work from wherever you want.
- Learn from peers and take advanced technical coursesHave a bug? Ping the Toptal Slack Community for real-time, on-demand support from a global network of top engineers. Want to learn a new skill? The Toptal Academy is designed to help you rapidly gain professional expertise in a new technology.
- Get featured on the Toptal Engineering BlogWith hundreds of thousands of subscribers, hundreds of advanced technical studies, and frequent syndication requests from top industry publications, publishing on the Toptal Engineering Blog is a unique chance to show off your top work to the best in the industry.
- Speak at conferences and attend eventsNot only will you be able to attend Toptal Community events in cities all around the world, but as part of the Toptal Speakers Network, we’ll also help you attend leading conferences, submit papers, and prepare and deliver keynote speeches.
Meet members of the Toptal Magento community:
See 3 typical Magento jobs you’ll have access to at Toptal:
- Magento DeveloperMagento, PHP, SQL, XML, jQueryWe need a talented Magento developer who is eager to work with our team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. To excel in this position, you will need experience with accessing Apache/Linux environments via FTP and SSH protocols, MVC frameworks, complex database schema design, and development frameworks like Zend or PEAR. We are looking for an engineer with a collaborative mentality and excellent communication skills who is excited to work with our team to build our site as we scale.
- Senior Magento EngineerMagento, PHP, Brightpearl IntegrationWe're an online retailer looking for a Senior Magento Engineer to join our team and help with the implementation of our complex, Magento-based site. You will be building functionality for automatic printing of pick slips/invoices/label tags, the association of warehouse locations to the products they house, integration of shipping software, integration with Brightpearl for order fulfillment, and more. One of our main objectives with this initiative is to ensure that our cloud software, which we use for shipping and inventory management, does not need to be used during our pick/pack/shipping processes
- Magento Developer To Build Custom Shipping RulesMagento, SQL, PHP, Magento API, eCommerce, ComposerWe are an Australia-based eCommerce company with a 20-person distributed team. We're looking for an experienced Magento developer to work on our existing Magento website, which supports around 15k products. The site requires custom development to enable our specific delivery/shipping rules for purchases, including special rules for bulky purchases, such as large furniture items. While this project has a well-defined scope, we do hope to find a strong addition to our team that we can rely on for future projects as well.
Enjoy competitive, worry-free compensation.
Design your own lifestyle.
Join tech conferences, advanced skill development sessions, and more.
Toptal supports developer communities all over the world and is proud to partner with Floripa on Rails, a group of local Ruby developers and experts in related technologies who get together to share their knowledge and experience.
Their next event will take place on April 25th, so if you happen to be in Floripa that day, make sure to drop by, say hello, and meet some fellow Toptalers and Rubyists. During the meetup, the community will share their best practices about how to do TDD and BDD, using the best open source testing tools to make the code safer and well documented.
The event will take place at Digital Results HQ 2.0, starting at 7:30 PM. For more information, please visit the event website or contact the event organizer, Jônatas Paganini.
Toptal’s Vilnius team is organizing a community gathering on April 25th at Alaus Studija for the entire Vilnius community and our guests. At the event, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other Toptalers from all over the world, meet some core team members, and learn more about Toptal.
The table reservation is under the name “Vidmantas” and the event starts at 7:00 PM. Everyone is invited to join us to talk about new technologies and freelancing with Toptal.
Please RSVP to give us an accurate head count. This event is open to anyone who is interested in Toptal. If you have any questions, please contact the event organizer, Vidmantas Kabošis.
Toptal supports developer communities all over the world and in April, we are partnering with Startup Grind in Chișinău for the Toptal Fireside Chat with Startup Grind Chisinau.
Startup Grind is a global startup community designed to educate, inspire, and connect entrepreneurs. Their monthly fireside chat interviews, startup mixers, and annual conferences provide ample opportunities to connect with amazing startups and the people behind them, tap into a strong support network, form meaningful connections, and gain inspiration for the startup journey ahead.
Their next event will take place on April 25th at Dreamups. Asia Lindsay, Europe Community Lead at Toptal, will be at the event so be sure to drop by and say hello. This is a great opportunity to learn more about Toptal and meet the Startup Grind community in your town.
For more information, please visit the event website or contact Asia Lindsay.
Toptal supports aspiring female software engineers around the world. As a part of that mission, we are proud to partner with Spacevent for the ACM Celebration of Women in Computing, a free two-day conference open to everyone willing to share their knowledge, achievements, and experience to support development and inclusion of more women in computer science and related disciplines.
The conference aims to provide new perspectives on different IT topics through presentations of successful women working in industry and academia, presenting them as new role models in the community. Jelena Ristić, Software Engineer and Technical screener at Toptal, will be one of the speakers at the event and will give a talk entitled “How I became part of the top 3% of developers”.
The event will take place on April 25th-26th at Kolarac Concert Hall. For more information, please see the event website or contact Predrag Gajić.