Interim VP of Product2019 - PRESENTFieldPulse
- Managed the product roadmap in an Agile development methodology including daily interactions with designers, developers, and stakeholders.
- Worked closely with sales, marketing, and customer success to identify and address broad industry trends.
- Communicated long term product vision to executive leadership and board members.
- Researched market and competition, and interviewed users to generate compelling user stories.
- Created a strong product management culture that incorporated best practices in human-centered design, data, testing, and agile development.
VP of Marketing & Product2018 - 2019Real Geeks, a Fidelity Company
- Connected and transformed 10,000+ data sources to enable real-time decisions contributing to $14 million in ARR.
- Created a technical product management culture that incorporated best practices in data, testing, and agile development.
- Worked across functional areas to develop and implement marketing and product priorities to achieve performance targets.
- Managed $100,000+ monthly advertising spend resulting in 40% decrease in cost per lead.
Chief Operating Officer2017 - 2018Zen Media, F/K/A Marketing Zen
- Improved gross margin by over 100%.
- Grew team over 200% to fuel growth plan.
- Tracked operations and development initiatives to ensure effective execution.
- Lead M&A efforts.
Head of Product, & GP2016 - 2017Tricent Capital
- Collaborated with partners to develop proprietary firm's data-driven deal selection tool called the Fundability Score that attempted to predict the successful return of investment (ROI) on startup investments.
- Raised capital for the firm, identified key sectors for investment, greenlighted investments and exits, sat on important portfolio company boards, and communicated fund performance to investors.
- Supported portfolio companies by mentoring CEO and executive management team with best practices for engineering, user experience (UX), marketing, sales, and customer success.
Head of Product2014 - 2016SocialCentiv (Acquired)
- Managed end-to-end product life cycles operations for a startup company that provided clients with the tools to leverage the power of Twitter social networking to reach new customers and grow their businesses.
- Managed internal and external teams, directors, and VPs; planned and administered $3M R&D budget; and created standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Engineering, User Experience (UX), Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success. Nurtured relationships with vendors and investors, evangelized company services and value and delivered winning presentations.
- Shortened product development life cycles by 100% (from two months to one month).
- Implemented a continuing education program for all departments; enabled team members to earn advanced certifications, cut churn by 50%, and increased app engagement by 47%.
- Implemented an international net promoter score (NPS) system and increased NPS by 113%.
CTO2009 - 2014SocialCentiv (Acquired)
- Co-founded company, and secured $12 million in funding, established engineering and product development organization, steered technology initiatives, and managed all technology communications with the press, investors, and cross-department teams.
- Propelled development and execution of technology strategy that aligned with business strategy. Recruited and retained top engineering talent (including VP of Engineering); grew engineering team from 0 to 14, and directed the development of an award-winning application. Implemented test-driven development and structured QA process. Managed technology stack; led the migration from Coldfusion / MySQL to Ruby on Rails and PostGres.
- Orchestrated successful launch of flagship product at South by SouthWest 2013; grew user base from 0 to 1,500 within five days.
- Contributed as the primary author on three issued patents from company technology, with 12 more pending.
- Played a pivotal role in the company’s win of Entrepreneur Magazine's .net 100 Award and Frost and Sullivan's Customer Value Leadership Award.
- Captured public interest through published works in CIO, Inc., Forbes, ReadWriteWeb, Mashable, Infoworld, and Huffington Post.