Lead Consultant - Agile2019 - 2020Emergn Associate (Self-employed)
- Established proven agile exemplars to act as change beacons across the client's global technology estate through hands-on coaching of selected teams and identifying and resolving their primary productivity challenges.
- Achieved a 200% increase in user engagement on agile clinics and virtual seminars within a three-month period of the change program by deploying marketing-centric activities to the 1,000+ global target audience.
- Established a de facto agreed-upon standard for the role of product owner across technology by authoring the playbook and role profile, supporting learning content, and creating the competency matrix.
- Enabled the client's 1,500 technology teams to self-navigate through an agile transformation journey without hands-on coaching by authoring media-enriched scripted pathways for each change capability.
Product Owner Coach2017 - 2018Sullivan & Stanley
- Ensured high caliber product owners were in place across the global payment network product division to meet delivery of global sales milestones by sourcing new specialist agencies and overhauling the interview process.
- Surfaced opportunity cost savings of multiple millions across two product platform initiatives by undertaking product lead interventions to pivot away from failing project mindset-centric programs.
- Improved the potential outcome of the 2-year transformation program by championing the creation of the first product owner guild across the company, to foster best practice in a highly challenging environment.
Product Leader2016 - 2017Self-employed
- Enabled a start-up e-learning technology SaaS provider to win three enterprise-level customers within a 12-month timeframe, by pivoting the product plan and scaling the ways of working and operational processes.
- Created the company's first product roadmap and commercial pricing. Managed service contract schedules and corporate governance processes. Collaborated closely with alpha customers and sales channel partners.
- Ensured fast-track delivery of the most valuable outcomes, namely a Netflix-type of end user experience to consume digital learning content, through ruthless and continuous grooming and prioritizing of the product backlog.
- Established a sustainable development lifecycle by acting as an agile coach to a small dysfunctional team of eight development and business resources.
- Collaborated with the CEO to pivot the technology to successfully create a disruptive play into the e-learning market space. The innovative proposition lead with a consumer-grade visual first offering, unlike the incumbent competition.
SVP of Product Operations2014 - 2016Monitise
- Led the establishment of a new product operations capability to support a number of value propositions within a new PaaS offering to the financial services market, through canvassing and winning C-level support.
- Established an agile-based development lifecycle for back office operations, by championing and leading the design and execution of the required change program across technology and operations and sales.
- Led the creation, design, and validation of all key process and user flows to ensure efficacy of customer bank onboarding to the platform.
- Ensured commercial contracts were fit for purpose for a new PaaS offering by drafting all the operational contract schedules with legal counsel.
- Mentored and matrix-managed the establishment of new product operations capability to serve local customers in the Americas region.
- Established a product roadmap for PaaS product operations, aligning with the platform product portfolio.
Global Product Director2012 - 2014Monitise
- Led product proposition and roadmap for mobile payments and commerce offering for global client, with roll-out across three continents and target market of over 50 million users.
- Established and sustained a global product roadmap for the core platform through regular canvassing of regional product teams and prioritized conflicting needs of local financial services customers.
- Deployed mobile banking and commerce services to three new banking clients across Europe and the US.
Head of Product2010 - 2012Mobile Money Network
- Led all product design and development of successful B2B/B2C start-up resulting in the sale of the business for £30 million after 18 months of live operation.
- Deployed the UK's first indemnified payments app-based commerce for a B2B retailer and media companies.
- Collaborated with marketing and sales to execute a number of user acquisition campaigns resulting in over 200,000 active users within 12 months of launch.
- Led successful real-time integration with UK's largest mobile device retailer's POS and fulfillment systems, resulting in sales of over £10 million over a 6-month period.
- Designed, developed, and deployed a B2B mobile marketing service for B2B customers within a 3-month timeframe.
- Partnered with specialist image recognition supplier to deploy retail product checkout via image capture on app.
- Championed the introduction of agile ways of working through the design and development teams to accelerate delivery of value outcomes.
- Devised the credit risk policy and model to underpin the indemnified payment offering for B2B customers.
Senior Product Manager2004 - 2010Vocalink
- Led all product innovation and value proposition activities for a corporate-funded start-up delivering a unique indemnified digital payment solution to the top-up marketplace.
- Created disruptive innovative proposition in e-bank payments, with an associated £3 million exploratory budget. This initiative established the commercial and technical foundations for the subsequent launch of Pay By Account service by Mastercard.
- Drove the intellectual positioning on the mobile payments discussion paper and prototype for the UK payments council. This innovation was subsequently realised with the launch of the national Paym service.
Consultant/Business analyst1997 - 2004LogicaCMG
- Served as the lead consultant for the client. Completed the business requirements capture, definition, and testing of the payment services capability for a new mobile service provider, BT Genie.
- Guided project as the lead business analyst. Achieved client acceptance of a re-platformed solution to power their $1 billion retail finance business. Directly accountable for BAD documentation, use case flows, UAT test strategy, and user training planning.
- Led several opportunity assessments on digital wallets with many global telecommunications operators, delivering fully functional business and market models to underpin associated business cases.