Consultant2019 - PRESENTCloud Services Provider
- Performed a domain vendor cost analysis, identifying potential cost savings and price negotiation strategies.
- Developed a concept for a centralized, microservices-based internal infrastructure to manage domain names, allowing for vendor consolidation and significant long-term cost reductions.
VP Products2016 - 2018Tucows, Inc.
- Drove the profit margin per transaction by 15%, across 30,000 wholesale channel partners, by creating an analytical pricing map to develop and deliver pricing tiers.
- Eliminated technical debt by engineering a platform established on a microservice architecture, resulting in an improved product strategy, cost structure, and profitability—conjecturing a margin increase of USD 5M by 2019.
- Catapulted new top-level domains added to the platform from 5 to 200 in one year by developing a product roadmap, solving complex integration obstacles, delivering a 10% increase in overall profitability.
- Increased the net promoter score (NPS) by 20% through product alignment using state-of-the-art UX design.
- Solved industry regulation requirements across 190 countries and enhanced the customer experience by leading developers of a new end-user interface with B2C transaction provisions, allowing B2B branding and customizations.
- Established a strong cadence of Agile product management process across multi-location product engineering and operations, providing measurable story points.
- Earned industry-wide recognition for developing a model general data protection regulation (GDPR) approach, through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and analytical thinking, contributing to an industry playbook which was largely adopted as the new industry regulation.
- Conceptualized and executed a new messaging service, implemented by more than 75% of partners, allowing localized and highly customizable content.
- Propelled additional margin by several million dollars by leading integration efforts after multiple mergers and acquisitions, yielding the addition of 17 million domain names and 30,000 resellers.
Vice Chair of Supervisory Board2007 - 2018DENIC eG
- Worked for DENIC, the registry operator of .DE, one of the largest ccTLDs with more than 16 million domains.
- Contributed to setting and continuously adapting the board's goal of pursuing growth of the .DE zone, operational excellence, and cost-effectiveness.
- Cultivated a new strategy to build products resulting in the development of three new products and new opportunities.
General Manager2004 - 2018EPAG Domainservices GmbH
- Oversaw the ccTLD competence center housed within Tucows, operating as a separate wholesale domain business with customers primarily in Germany and Austria; managed a 15-member business unit that generated €5 million in revenue.
- Rescued the company from near bankruptcy by consolidating operations, identifying niche market opportunities, and repositioning the company—growing the number of wholesale partnerships by 150%, boosting revenue from €250,000 to €5 million.
- Reignited company by shifting to a ccTLD niche market and developing a new website which increased revenue by 15%.
- Stimulated revenue growth to more than 30% per annum by investing in new features such as repositioning to a ccTLD niche market, dramatically expanding the platform feature set, thereby gaining trust of customers.
- Initiated the sale of the company with EPAG’s shareholder and facilitated the acquisition by Tucows in 2011.
Director of Products2014 - 2016Tucows Inc.
- Skyrocketed incremental domain registrations to 900,000 in 2015, through product management strategies such as establishing vendor relationships, streamlining the product onboarding process and adding 450+ top-level domains.
Team Lead of Marketing & Billing2000 - 2006Celox GmbH
- Acted as a key member on an eight-member startup team, growing the company to an €8.5-million business within five years.