Plenuum | HR Tech SaaS
Built an enterprise SaaS from the ground up and led the product design and development from discovery to launch.
On this project, I gained experience in building an enterprise SaaS.
The scope of work was to help HR and OD departments to do a better job, using more data. During discovery, our interviews and surveys showed that HR departments struggled with a number of things: inefficient processes, low level of digitization, and inefficient performance management.
Plenuum helps HR departments overcome challenges. Basically, it is a lightweight solution that helps data-driven decision making for HR professionals.
• Created and communicated the product vision.
• Reviewed and created user stories.
• Prioritized the product roadmap.
I successfully managed a roadmap containing both subject matter (organization development, HR, soft skills, etc.), related user stories, and highly technical ones (APIs, DevOps, security) ones.
Working closely with an Agile delivery team, I also launched a Node.js/Express.js back end, MongoDB database, React front end stack (all deployed to AWS) and Android and iOS applications.
I aligned the roadmap so that the product can serve both SMEs and enterprise customers alike—reaching user numbers of 20-2,000 users per account.
Fleet Monitoring Software
I helped a fleet monitoring company conceptualize, define the feature set and prototype a fleet monitoring platform.
The company is part of a South American group, active in the Americas, providing various digital services to its clients.
I helped them build the foundation of a new fleet monitoring system.
• Implemented a thorough gap analysis of the existing solutions on the market.
• Conducted stakeholder interviews on various levels.
- Management: to understand high-level strategic goals
- Operators: to learn more about daily operational issues, frustrations, motivations
- Engineering: to understand as-is processes and functional and nonfunctional requirements
• Calculated the engineering budget and created a development roadmap.
The system needed to track the various sensors of 50,000 vehicles in real-time while providing a seamless web app UX for operators doing their daily tasks. To fulfill these requirements, we designed a modern software architecture, running in auto-scaling private cloud infrastructure that can support these read and write loads.
To prove our solution's feasibility and that the system was capable of handling the expected load, we built a prototype of the critical components (TimescaleDB, RabbitMQ, and so on).
myRaiffeisen | Mobile Banking Apps
Helped Raiffeisen Bank launch a greenfield mobile banking app as a member of the PO chapter in an Agile environment.
Raiffeisen Bank International is an Austrian banking group, with subsidiary banks in 17 markets, serving more than 14 million customers.
I helped them launch a greenfield mobile banking application (iOS and Android) in an Agile environment as a member of the PO team.
I demonstrated my product management skills in a highly regulated corporate environment.
• Worked closely and managed non-technical business stakeholders (traders, sales, legal, and more).
• Blended strategic business objectives with user need when writing user stories.
• Analyzed capabilities, conceptualized, and managed the roadmap of a machine learning-powered behavior-driven sales engine.
• Worked with UX researchers and designers to simplify features and user journeys (in contrast to legacy banking processes).
• Created new microservices in a complex enterprise architecture to streamline the development and maintenance of the application.
Vodafone Mobile TV | Live-streaming Apps
Acted as a product manager of iOS/Android apps with exclusive live TV content, reaching 1 million+ downloads per platform.
Vodafone Germany introduced its innovative live mobile TV service in 2011.
On behalf of net mobile AG, I worked as a product manager, responsible for launching the native Android and iOS applications.
During this long-term assignment, we achieved excellent results.
• Created wireframes and prototypes.
• Worked with UX designers.
• Worked with several stakeholders (customer, demand manager, back-end engineering teams responsible for API development, streaming infrastructure, sports data API, QA, senior executives, marketing, legal, and more).
• Prioritized tasks and scheduled releases.
This was a very high visibility project with correspondingly high expectations and included several challenges (e.g., usage peaks on game days, with real-life testing only being possible during live games) and I had a strong influence on the Agile development team.
After years of involvement, I consolidated and released the service as two universal (tablet and phone) apps—replacing four separate projects and cutting development and maintenance costs by more than 30%.