Head of Engineering2017 - PRESENTFIS
- Oversaw and was accountable for the quality and timely development and delivery of our next-generation products for the listed derivatives processing business line. These have included core processing, ETL, reporting, analytics and conversion platforms, and tools.
- Led the global development team of over 150 people spread across the globe in Chicago, Paris, Tunisia, Belgrade, and Pune.
- Spearheaded continuous delivery objective on behalf of the transformation leadership team.
- Established the strategic direction for a robust and scalable quality assurance practice.
- Sponsored and critiqued architecture and delivery efficiency investments.
- Championed continuous Agile practice improvements.
- Implemented software risk management governance.
- Pioneered domain-specific language to enable robotics process automation.
Head of Engineering (Core Product)2014 - 2016SunGard
- Was entrusted by the senior business and technology group leaders to run the largest organic build investment (~$50 million) in SunGard history to protect and grow a post-trade processing product franchise worth $250 million by modernizing an aging but ubiquitous back office and middle office product suites, namely GMI and ClearVision.
- Built a development team of 100 people between Belgrade and Pune.
- Designed the technical vision in collaboration with product management using BPMN modeling.
- Presented technical architecture vision at company-sponsored road shows and deep dive workshops with JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, BNP, Deutsche, Credit Suisse, and Barclays.
- Established Agile working practices by installing coaches, evangelists, and training.
- Delivered products within a framework of continuous integration and automated regression testing.
- Went live with our first early adopter customer to clear securities on the Spanish exchange.
- Negotiated the pricing for third-party technology support providers.
Director of Engineering2011 - 2013SunGard
- Oversaw and was responsible for the product development and support of our bilateral OTC suite of post-trade operations modules.
- Was promoted to lead collateral management product in order to enhance reliability, supportability, and agility in delivering new capabilities.
- Transitioned back office developers to work on our collateral product over a course of six months with a rigorous technical and domain knowledge-sharing program.
- Enhanced all back-office services to be white-labeled and integrable for bundle sales.
- Delivered a collateral optimizer to enable cheapest-to-deliver collateral pledging.
Director of Engineering2010 - 2010SunGard
- Led the product development and ongoing L3 support of our back-office suite of products. The suite covered ISDA freeform, FpML, and SWIFT message generation, cashflow netting and settlements, trading sub-ledger, hedge accounting, and static data management.
- Reduced the KTLO expenditure to 20% of total leaving 80% for new product enhancements and integrations to bundle our offering with other SunGard products.
- Led the development, quality assurance, business analysts, and support teams.
- Participated in RFPs and client presales workshops for enterprise sales.
- Transformed the development practice from Waterfall to Agile.
Chief Technical Architect2005 - 2009SunGard
- Acted as the primary architect of the technical platform components.
- Led the technology transformation from VB and C++ to .NET (C#).
- Spearheaded the SaaS offering by enhancing our entire product suite to be web-service enabled.
Lead Software Developer2000 - 2004SunGard
- Led the modernization and modularization development effort of our legacy APL based back office into a VB/COM-based application.
- Built team of 20 developers, business analysts (BA), and quality assurance analysts (QA) in India.
Software Engineer1995 - 2000SunGard (Devon)
- Transformed our basic static data management VB application into a platform to support a non-programmatic data model extensibility along with a publisher/subscriber capability.
- Was recognized as the biggest contributor to our modernization from a DOS-based system to a Windows-based GUI system using the APL programming language.