Vice President, Product Management2019 - PRESENTBellXcel
- Led the development of an enterprise solution for Out of School Time providers. Ran the product management, engineering, and content development teams and vendors. Responsible for all aspects of product development across the product life-cycle.
- Led a pivot in sourcing strategy bringing on an offshore technology development team, onshore UX and design firm, and content development house. Worked to effectively onboard all vendor partners with clear communication lines and workflow.
- Created product development processes including stages and gates for discovery, development, and testing. Facilitated product discovery and validation to drive the creation of a backlog and the ramp-up of effective design and development sprints.
Vice President of Content Development and Learning Tools2016 - 2019Pearson
- Drove the transformation and strategic development of the digital content experience for the higher education digital courseware portfolio. Managed a team of 60 product managers, content developers, and subject matter experts.
- Responsible for the product management of authoring and production capabilities, including roadmap prioritization, digital strategy (build, buy, partner), scalability, and implementation planning.
- Managed the digital content transformation of 1,200 multi-disciplinary products to a future state workflow and channel outputs. Ensured all content adhered to mobile, accessibility, diversity and inclusion, and security standards.
- Expanded offshore resourcing by introducing a new training and certification program for India-based vendors and onshore managers, and building internal staff capabilities in India for real-time support.
- Implemented continuous improvement processes to monitor KPIs and expand workflows for product development, maintenance, and retirement. Delivered 20% savings per title and increase speed to market by six weeks.
Director of Content Strategy and Development2015 - 2016Pearson
- Managed the development of the digital learning portfolio for the Arts and Business divisions. Responsible for scaling new product models. Managed a team of 15 product managers.
- Created a scalable content workflow for the Revel product model, moving from 10 to 100 titles in 18 months.
- Developed and transitioned key products to the outsourced content development model—maintained core development activities through significant process and people transformations.
Executive Product Manager2009 - 2015Pearson
- Led the development of the Revel product model, designed to replace traditional textbooks. Directed product management for the portfolio management function, including content capabilities planning. Delivered operating plan for scale.
- Responsible for program management of the first wave of products in the Revel product model. Contributed to a 33% increase in digital revenue through the launch of the product in the portfolio.
- Adopted and implemented a structured authoring platform, implementing standardized project management, and introducing daily Scrums.
- Managed a portfolio of 20 products through the signing, development, sustain, and retire phases. Signed four new programs with a projected $8 million worth of revenue for the pipeline.
- Signed, published, and launched a collaboratively authored The Sociology Project, which outperformed at 50% over goal in the first year. Broke all division records for first edition success.
Marketing Manager2007 - 2009W.W. Norton & Co
- Spearheaded a nationwide brand management and product marketing strategy for a $21 million portfolio.
- Created marketing campaigns and launched two successful new products in a competitive market space.
- Conducted research on current and emerging markets and technology; analyzed success factors and developed competitive strategy informing first edition product development and marketing campaigns.