Product Lead2018 - 2020Trivago
- Achieved $15+ million in incremental revenue while overseeing the monetization strategy of eight product teams.
- Introduced a new revenue stream worth an estimated $10 million annually by managing a cross-functional team of 27 people to the creation of "Trivago exclusive rates."
- Increase hotel-comprehension speed 240%, and conversion rates 2.8% by implementing significant changes to the user-flow, content architecture, and price-comparison experiences.
- Developed 2020 SEO strategy for a single-page application containing over 6 million unique pages.
- Negotiated distribution agreements with hotel wholesalers to add additional low-cost inventory to the platform.
- Managed a team of eight data scientists and cloud engineers to create the "Trivago Price Index", a rating that measures the value for money of a hotel's rate given a variety of live and historical data signals.
- Increased conversion rate by 8% for location-sensitive travelers through a significant overhaul of Trivago's map experience.
- Integrated location-aware functionality into Trivago's app, enabling tailored, geo-fenced offers to travelers based on their current location and travel state.
Head of Product, Co-founder2015 - 2018TripHappy
- Created visual trip planner used to map 2.1 million trips by travelers worldwide. The tool was named the Top 50 Travel Apps by Travel & Leisure magazine and is remains the #1 map planner on Google.
- Achieved 1.5 million content impressions and features in global publications with a readership of 20 million through a no-cost data visualization marketing campaign.
- Increased organic traffic 342% via a 9-month, 100,000+ page SEO campaign.
- Developed mobile-responsive hotel booking comparison from scratch using React and Ruby on Rails.
- Systematically identified and characterized 28,000 neighborhoods worldwide using 12+ million geospatial data points gathered from over 200 unique sources.
Head of Business Development, Co-founder2014 - 2017SoulCeramics
- Attained 2,900% ROI after three years of growth when SoulCeramics was sold to a private investor in 2018.
- Generated $600,000 in revenue in the first 18 months through CPC-based performance marketing channels.
- Streamlined operations to require <1 hour of work per week from the founding team by hiring/training the customer service team and automating business processes.
- Performed detailed market analysis, defined go-to-market strategy, formed partnerships with established manufacturers, and negotiated drop-shipping arrangement.
- Created the leading, direct-to-consumer retailer of ceramic and knife-making equipment on Shopify's platform.
Technology Strategy Consultant2013 - 2015Deloitte Consulting
- Led the development of a $500,000 case management module for the Department of Consumer Protection for the State of Kentucky.
- Reduced processing time by 85% for monthly data imports through the setup of the data pipeline and the creation of scripts that automate the ETL process.
- Managed team of 40 oversees developers in India for the development of the Kentucky Health Insurance Exchange, which serves a population of 4 million residents.
- Created Tableau dashboard of 3 million members to facilitate migration planning of health insurance customers post-acquisition.