Head of Product | Data Innovation2015 - PRESENTTelefonica
- Served as the chief product officer within data innovation department leveraging machine learning and artificial intelligence to build martech and adtech products. Created new B2B business for Telefonica based on data around Movistar users. Utilized strong skills in four key competencies: team development, product vision, execution, and product culture.
- Defined a MarTech vision and execution plan (based on recommendation services) for Telefonica that becomes part of the top management agenda. Achieved 50% increase in revenues expected from the first-year plan.
- Created a portfolio of multiple products based on personalization for eCommerce customer experience, digital newspapers, online-offline behavior, ads attribution, and multi-channel customer experience.
- Ideated, built, and launched a new SAAS prediction product to boost eCommerce (retail and media) conversion through ML based on Movistar users online navigation (intent, interests, and profile). GDPR compliance with x7 improvements on clicks conversion rate.
- Empowered three squads led by senior and junior PM across martech and adtech. Our squads were formed by back end and front end developers, UX, data science, QA, and DevOps. Led Telefonica product manager community and PM focus program to define and execute training for existing and potential PMs within Telefonica.
- Supported team development in areas such as recruiting, training and ongoing coaching for developers, data science, product managers, UX roles and business developers.
CEO & CPO (Founder)2013 - 201589 Bits Entertainment Studio
- Defined and launched strategic product vision for a mobile video game concept. Outlined business plan for product design, secured funding from Wayra (Latin American start-up accelerator) and recruited a top-performing 9-person creative team to design and launch the products. Guided design and managed key game features to further the overall strategic product vision, including maximizing acquisition, engagement, and monetization. Secured NBA, F1 Movistar, and Diario AS key partnerships.
- Boosted onboarding funnel for B2C users from 20%, post 1st video game launch, to 80% after 6th video game launch.
- Propelled customer engagement by leveraging insights from 1st F1 game to drive strategy for 2nd product (www.asmatchday.es), which delivered retention KPIs of 32%, 14%, 5.5%, 2.8%, exceeding industry standard by x2.
- Selected as the first Spanish company to be accelerated by Appcampus. Awarded a €50,000 grant by Appcampus and recognition as one of the top 20 innovation startups in Spain by El Mundo.
- Won best B2C Windows app at the 2014 EU Appcup.
Senior Product Manager2007 - 2013Telefonica
- Promoted to lead product management strategy for a new global Telehealth solution within the recently formed eHealth Digital Services division. Created global business plan and managed a €500,000 budget in product lifecycle management. Developed marketing plan, managed product roadmap and led successful product launches in Spain, Brazil, Argentina, and the UK. Defined compelling value proposition and business case that resulted in global partnerships with Cisco and Intel.
- Created product roadmap and deployed remote patient monitoring service in Latin America; 1st customer trial executed successfully with a Brazilian customer in 2012 (>500 patients); expanded service to Argentina and Chile markets.
- Doubled Tele-rehab product business, now averaging 40% YOY growth, by securing leading deals with key customers and by partnering with 2 professional rehab communities in Spain (SERMEF and AEFI) reinforcing product quality.
- Launched new maternity product concept from conceptualization through product delivery in Brasil, UK, and Spain, driving €250,000 in revenue in Brasil in the first year.
Multimedia Engineer2005 - 2007Telefonica
- Brought on board to contribute to internet and multimedia R&D for innovations projects within Telefonica and included testing a 3D videoconference system combining Ericcson and TID technologies, providing technical input on video conferencing technology for a corporate innovation project, and contributing to European-funded 3D tele-immersion R&D proposals.