Verified Expert in Product Management
Catherine is a senior product manager who has worked for well-known brands like Amazon and Nike and startups like zulily. She specializes in UX and process design to create product experiences that are simple to use and delight customers. Catherine managed products across various industries and excels in executive communication and roadmap prioritization in high-growth and resource-constrained environments. As a startup founder, she is particularly interested in working with startups.
CEO | Co-founder
- Handled brand development, digital marketing, paid search, finance, accounting, and all HR functions.
- Built the company's flagship app from concept to launch with users in 90+ countries and generated revenue in two years.
- Designed the company's website and all marketing materials.
Sr. Manager | Product Management
- Led the international third-party seller fee strategy, structure, and rates worth over $60 billion in revenue.
- Launched Kenmore appliance sales on Amazon.com, Amazon's first foray into the $30 billion appliance market. Designed all aspects of customer communications, including customer returns, repairs, and concessions policies.
- Reduced Amazon Customer Service contacts for scheduled delivery items by 42% year-over-year and reported the progress to Jeff Bezos weekly.
- Spearheaded the global capacity management of AWS data centers, targeting space, power, and network connectivity. It represented over $3 billion in annual capital expenditures.
Product Manager | Order Management and Supply Chain Planning
- Built the planning and analytical functions to support the fulfillment center operations as sales revenue grew from $331 million to over $1.2 billion in the pre-IPO stage.
- Created the company's original sales and operations planning process. Led weekly discussions of a 13-week supply-chain forecast with the COO and customer service, transportation, fulfillment, engineering, merchandising, and finance senior leaders.
- Outlined Zulily's 2013 holiday strategy and led the cross-functional team handling end-to-end execution. Extended the Christmas selling period by six days and tripled revenue year-over-year.
- Decreased in-stock cancel rate by 60% in 2014. The root cause analysis and simple, compelling visual representation enabled the web store and order allocation engineering teams to resolve previously unknown issues quickly.
Program Manager | Sustainability Performance Management and Strategic Planning
- Implemented an enterprise-wide automated energy and carbon accounting ERP system. Focused on meeting the needs of energy managers while simultaneously producing accurate and timely information for internal and external reporting.
- Championed and launched Nike's energy efficiency program in footwear factories, delivering a 20% reduction in energy intensity and an up to three-year payback.
- Worked with an external grant evaluation nonprofit to apply their methodology at scale to Nike's $59 million annual global grant portfolio.
- Wrote key sections of the annual corporate social responsibility report and regularly created the CSR presentations for Nike's board presentations.
Mobile Fitness App for iOS and Android
Took the ic.row fitness mobile app from concept to revenue in two years.
Built with a small remote development team, I handled all aspects of product management, from concept to user stories, go-to-market strategy, and execution.
Scheduled Delivery Customer Experience for Amazon
Led the design and development of Amazon's large item scheduled delivery experience, including TVs, treadmills, and furniture.
At Amazon, my job was to transform the customer's delivery experience, making it predictable and stress-free. My work involved root cause analysis, process design, and customer communications. I analyzed why customers contacted customer service and worked with transportation, operations, and customer service teams to improve their processes. Most importantly, I focused on transparency with customers.
I reviewed Amazon's email communication, eliminating obsolete emails, clarifying language, and updating transportation carriers' APIs to give customers accurate and timely information. I did the same with the Your Orders and Order Info pages. This helped decrease contacts to Amazon Customer Service by 42% year-over-year.
I launched Kenmore appliance sales on Amazon.com, Amazon's first foray into the $30 billion appliance market. I took responsibility for all email communication, Your Orders pages, and push notification messaging. On the process side, I integrated Amazon and Kenmore Customer Service processes and managed customer returns, repairs, and concessions policies.
Carbon Accounting ERPhttp://nikesupplychain.weebly.com/carbon-footprint.html
Implemented an enterprise-wide automated energy and carbon accounting ERP system at Nike.
The primary purpose was to provide accurate and timely information for external sustainability reporting, transforming a process that had been 100% manual and spreadsheet-based into a streamlined, repeatable, automated process.
I presented the project and its outcomes at a climate conference in Washington, DC, hosted by the WWF.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
MIT Sloan School of Management - Cambridge, MA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Applied Math, Economics
Brown University - Providence, RI, USA
Apple Search Ads Certification
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring