Storyteller, CEO2018 - PRESENTProduct Maestro
- Helped clients tell powerful stories about their products. Including coaching on stage and on video.
- Built marketing campaigns for email and social media marketing.
- Product branding and positioning.
- Built channel and distribution strategy.
Chief Product Officer2016 - 2018Carrot Inc.
- Co-built and led team of 20+ to deliver a product (five direct reports in PM and tech support; cross-department: four designers, 15 engineers).
- Shaped the Carrot product from greenfield—turning academic papers into a mobile-delivered, year-long.
- Pitched as part of Series A3 raise.
- Identified tech to enable faster MVP delivery of >600 mobile screens, cutting development time to half.
- Sourced and integrated vendor tech including Layer, Zendesk, Freshdesk, Tableau, WordPress, Mixpanel.
- Contributed to product strategy, product go-to-market, company culture, and Agile development.
Head of Product, Marketplace and Developer Ecosystem2013 - 2016Atlassian
- Built and led a team to deliver the second largest B2B apps marketplace and grew from $20 million ARR to $200 million ARR with 2000+ apps from a community of 800+ vendors, 100% YoY growth of add-ons in 2016.
- Drove product roadmap definition and analysis of specific market needs.
- Defined pricing and packaging strategies across behind-the-firewall and SaaS business models.
- Built a vendor advisory board of key partners to give input on a two-year roadmap.
- Led team on two re-designs and one architectural re-factor to boost UX and team agility.
- Led rent vs buy decisions such as rental of Algolia search service and eCommerce service.
- Led curation programs to improve inventory quality, example programs include Atlassian Verified, and Cloud Security program (CSA backed).
- Co-produced marketing events Atlascamp and Connect Week to grow apps and dev community; Partnered with BD to identify new integration partners.
Senior Product Manager2012 - 2013Microsoft
- Collaborated with world-class partners to co-design their News experience within Microsoft's Win8 News app to bring news sources such as AP, WSJ, and NYT to millions of users worldwide.
- Launched 15 inaugural partners in the Microsoft News app including Wall Street Journal, AP, Reuters, New York Times, and News Corp.
- Shipped the first Microsoft News app to millions of Windows 8 users in 40 languages.
- Drove product changes to reduce partner launch time by 1/10th via infrastructure standardization.
Product Consultant2011 - 2012Sourcemap
- Built social media campaign and did competitive analysis.
- Presented on stage at Google Tech Talk and Natural Products Expo West as a spokesperson.
CEO2009 - 2011RealMealz
- Designed and built a web-app on Ruby on Rails from the ground up with the CTO.
Product Manager2007 - 2009Sunpower
- Headed the product roadmap and product innovation.
Product Manager2004 - 2008Cypress Semiconductor
- Oversaw a dual-ported memory product used to power cell phone towers by companies like Siemens.
- Drove pricing strategies that resulted in a 12% growth in profit.
- Supported sales to achieve $6 million in design wins.
- Drove programs to identify over $2 million in new business opportunities.