Entrepreneur in Residence2019 - PRESENTCiti
- Coached founders to successfully validate, build, and bring to market new B2C fintech products and solutions.
- Managed development efforts as the head of delivery across the launch of seven iOS apps and product websites.
- Conducted product development exercises with business partners in Citi’s retail bank and credit card units.
- Led in-market prototyping and validation projects with third party vendors.
- Tracked results via Mixpanel and internal metrics.
VP Product, Digital Client Experience2017 - 2019Gartner
- Defined the strategy, planning, and execution of product development across multiple subscriber environments.
- Launched innovations geared toward engagement and retention, including responsive designs, and newsfeeds.
- Forged cross-functional partnerships with product, research, publishing, marketing, and data science teams.
- Directed the activity of product managers, user experience design staff and five agile scrum development teams.
- Boosted login frequency 75% with new mobile app; increased site engagement 10% with feature enhancements.
Vice President, Customer Experience and Global Ecommerce2013 - 2016PR Newswire
- Defined the CX discipline, uniting strategy, research, data, and design.
- Drove the strategy, roadmap, KPIs, and daily operations of international $100 million–plus member center.
- Grew inbound leads 200%, multimedia use 50% and AOV 100% via optimization and conversion funnel innovations.
- Successful initiatives included a multimillion-dollar pricing strategy execution and mobile-centric product builds.
- Managed a cross-functional team of 20, including product owners, strategists, researchers, and designers.
Advisor, Acting Head of Product and Strategy2013 - 2014weeSpring
- Advised this social commerce startup from an early incarnation through multiple competitions and accelerators.
- Joined the team for its participation in Techstars’ NYC spring 2013 class.
- Developed a strategic approach to the business model that focused on a monetization plan to appeal to investors.
- Defined the company’s business development positioning for its push into brand partnerships and sponsorships.
- Launched first partnership pages.
Managing Director, Chief Strategy Officer, Proof Integrated Communications2012 - 2013Burson-Marsteller
- Led business development and strategic client engagements on web, mobile, and social media communications projects.
- Created and managed the planning, pitch process and delivery of $10 million in new business and client revenue.
- Led strategic execution of web, mobile, and social media projects.
- Coordinated projects on multiple Fortune 500 accounts.
- Collaborated on inter-agency pitches with teams representing up to seven different organizations.
- Worked on global initiatives including clients in mainland China.
CEO, Canopy Commerce and Director of Strategy, Ai2007 - 2012Alexander Interactive
- Launched the strategy discipline at Ai.
- Drove analytics, research, planning, and execution for startup, SMB, and enterprise accounts.
- Defined eCommerce and digital brand strategies, including user experience, marketing, design, and brand positioning, for a wide variety of clients.
- Incubated a second business unit with full business lifecycle engagement.
- Owned P&L and managed multidisciplinary teams and strategic accounts.
- Achieved positive cash flow in 18 months and grew client roster to more than 25 projects and retainer relationships.
Director, Internet Marketing and Ecommerce2005 - 2007Clarins Group USA
- Redefined the digital channel for a global luxury beauty cosmetics company.
- Launched the company’s first direct to consumer (DTC) eCommerce site.
- Built the first digital go-to-market plans for product launches from David Yurman, Thierry Mugler, Azzaro, and others.
- Grew eCommerce revenue 225% over three years on clarins.com and retail partner sites.
- Executed successful digital marketing campaigns using SEM/PPC, SEO, email, and microsites.
User Experience and Web Designer1995 - 2004Multiple
- Redesigned Economist.com website, doubling site traffic; led international creative team and agency engagements.
- Created the Billboard, Adweek, The Hollywood Reporter, and Back Stage websites.
- Managed production of daily website publishing and multidisciplinary staff.
- Performed writing, editing, and research, including user guides, product demos, and acclaimed promotions for Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions.
- Devised strategic plans and UX designs for consulting and freelance engagements such as Yahoo! HotJobs, Rodale, Moody’s, and DraftFCB.