Chief Product Officer2021 - PRESENTSmall Robot Company
- Created order from chaos by analyzing existing information and research to provide company focus in the form of a roadmap I presented at an offsite event. Feedback from the staff was that it was the first time they had had such clarity and focus.
- Led the transformation from a project-based organization to a product organization, including recommending team restructuring, changing the language to be more product-focused, and putting the right processes in place.
- Oversaw the pricing and commercial model workshops, suggesting pricing models, leading the pricing levels, and reviewing contracts to ensure the SRC was adequately covered.
- Managed the transition of three team members from non-product and junior product roles to product managers. Provided mentoring and assisted with their understanding of what is expected of them as product managers.
CEO | Founder2018 - PRESENTWren Games
- Shipped more than 6,000 products through 10 distributors and retailers (B2C) and internationally to 40+ countries through our eCommerce platforms (D2C).
- Achieved the break-even in the first year of trading, with exports accounting for 55% of revenue.
- Devised and executed the product marketing plan, which raised £40,000 through two crowdfunding campaigns.
- Designed, priced, and launched nine new games and accessories, and a mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Designed the best stocking filler game ranked number one by UK's largest tabletop gaming magazine.
- Noted as a rising star in Mojo Nation 100, a listing of the most influential figures currently working in the world of toy and game design.
- Designed one of the most accessible tabletop games as recognized by Meeple Like Us, an accessibility researcher, lecturer, and independent tabletop game reviewer.
- Led the company to rank third on Hottest New Product Release in the Board Games category on Amazon UK at Christmas, overtaking Hasbro's Monopoly Fortnite.
- Named Best Board Game Kickstarter by PC Gamer Magazine.
Product Manager in the Publishing Industry2021 - 2021James Syrow
- Advised and demonstrated ways to raise engagement on their crowdfunding campaign, which achieved 300% funded.
- Counseled on logistics, manufacturing, and fulfillment to ensure swift and efficient production of books.
- Provided a review on the video streaming mobile app, suggesting improvements.
Senior Product Manager2021 - 2021Flux
- Built the analytics MVP, including anonymized benchmarking, in less than three months.
- Introduced best practices and Agile working methods into the team, creating more focus and improved clarity of communications between design, data, and engineering.
- Improved the UI to make it more assessable and intuitive.
Product Lead2021 - 2021Portabl
- Identified new opportunities to increase revenue post MVP to open up the platform to more users.
- Designed the process to enable the platform to be scalable for international expansion, understanding how the underlying platform can be used to ensure the correct tax is charged depending on different country requirements.
- Pulled together the roadmap to help provide the focus for the immediate and continued development of the web platform.
Product Lead2020 - 2021Fielder One
- Led the user interface design specification, simplifying the concept UI to reduce the burden on users to increase engagement.
- Managed the prioritization of a roadmap to prevent the team from being distracted when creating the MVP.
- Created the financial models for cash flow and future revenue to present to the board, secure ongoing funding, and present to investors.
- Prepared the pitch deck and grant proposals for investors.
Senior Product Manager2016 - 2020Symetrica Security Ltd.
- Analyzed, evidenced, and authored technical compliance response to over 300 requirements for a $45.8 million US government tender.
- Spearheaded capture, analysis, and prioritization of over 250 client requirements calling more than 30 external specification standards for Symetrica’s first civil nuclear installation.
- Bid, won, and led a project to introduce qualitative and quantitative user-centered design (UX) techniques to Symetrica. These techniques are now used on other projects.
- Transformed the project focus for a new user interface design project taking into account user feedback and creating the first React Native smartwatch-based user interface (UI).
Head of Research and Innovation2015 - 2016Expro Wireless Wells
- Designed and implemented a new soft skills competency framework and accompanying soft skills training program to over 40 engineers.
- Identified the root cause of a major issue during site installation. Designed and validated a quick and reliable in the field solution to enable an optimum install, avoiding contractual penalties.
- Turned an underperforming employee into a performing employee through my supportive approach to performance management.
Product Manager2014 - 2015Roke
- Raised more than one million pounds in external contracts to develop my product, gekko, including spin-off projects.
- Realized the first sale of gekko, my novel 2D wireless communications and sensing invention.
- Negotiated defense product declassification with UK's Ministry of Defense (MOD), allowing it to be sold internationally.
Project Manager | Product Manager2010 - 2014Roke
- Delivered over 40 projects on time and budget across the full product lifecycle from greenfield to maintenance, covering research, software, and hardware.
- Led a cross-functional team of 25 across multiple sites and managed 10+ subcontractors, with project values ranging up to £3.5 million.
- Delivered a technically risky new product development to the UK MOD, cited as "the best prototype seen in-service" and held up as an example of success.
- Received endorsement for my effective leadership, organization, and facilitation of workshops with 10+ internal, external, mid-level, and senior stakeholders.
- Led technical sales and business development activities for gekko, building up a network of more than 20 potential partners and clients.
- Won the Woman of the Future Award in the Science category.
- Earned top marks (A or A+) in four MBA elective courses at the London Business School, studying technology strategy, change management, negotiation and bargaining, and team/organization leadership.
Senior Engineer | Junior Project Manager2006 - 2009Roke
- Reduced the manufacturing cost of two radar altimeter products by 10% and reduced lead time by 15%.
- Achieved the 5th grade promotion and joined the project management team full-time in half the time it usually takes.
- Authored over ten international technical publications, including an article in New Scientist.
- Named as an inventor on five global patent applications for my wireless 2D communication and sensing invention, gekko.