Group CPO/CSO, Head of Strategy and Product Portfolio Management2015 - 2020Trapeze Group
- Designed and implemented the corporate strategy and business strategy bringing back the focus to disruptive strategies with the executive board.
- Oversaw strategic portfolio management and restructured the group's portfolio for the different business areas with a focus on adding new portfolio areas, value proposition, and differentiation strategies.
- Oversaw product management and led the product management team. Modernized product management in a highly-competitive disruptive and market-driven world. I also assumed the role of the product lead for the most important products.
- Managed the innovation management. Installed a revised innovation management process to balance ROI with a “fail-early” mindset.
- Bridged innovation with strategy, orchestrated the four innovation acquisition approaches, and established several successful strategic partnerships in the industry and academia.
- Led cross-business unit strategic initiatives and projects.
- Introduced modern pricing and licensing strategies.
- Revolutionized strategic marketing and established a new online strategic marketing and customer engagement tool for joint marketing and road mapping.
- Took responsibility for new business development and launched more than 10 new products in existing and new business areas.
- Introduced and sponsored business model innovation (confidential details).
Project Manager - Consultant2014 - 2015Siemens Consulting
- Consulted on product strategy cases in B2B and B2C during different phases of the product lifecycle (from ideation to phase-out).
- Provided professional project management expertise for high-value strategic projects and initiatives.
- Worked on future roadmaps for disruptive digitalization technology products.
Product Architect and Project Leader2010 - 2014ETH Zurich & Advanced Circuit Pursuit (ACP)
- Led projects in the area of high-speed high-performance modem technologies (software and hardware).
- Assumed the product owner role for the high-speed high-performance modem product portfolio.
- Led the design and development of the industry’s first 4G scalable-performance modem product.
- Represented and promoted our innovations in international flagship conferences.
- Supervised and mentored juniors and postgraduate students.
R&D Engineer2008 - 2010Nokia
- Privileged to have worked at Bell Labs, the globally renowned innovation engine for some of the most popular disruptive technologies.
- Worked on advanced signal processing techniques for LTE Advanced and Multiuser MIMO OFDMA (the underlying technology for WiFi 6).
- Devised several innovations in over-the-air training of the transmission channel using machine learning techniques.
R&D Engineer2006 - 2007Ericsson
- Worked on the inception of the third generation mobile telecom networks.
- Assisted in the 3GPP feature standardization efforts.
- Co-developed a high-speed simulation platform to enable rapid prototyping.