Founder and Managing Consultant2011 - PRESENTOratos Consulting
- Managed the launch of a CRM system for a financial services client, coordinating all stakeholders and managing contracts.
- Delivered a successful data warehouse as a pilot for an information services company.
- Delivered EPOS integration in PHP for the developer of an eCommerce site, successfully handling the majority of their cash flow.
- Adapted a C++ functional test harness to act as a performance test tool for a UK Government project.
- Integrated the Google map component from Mapadillo into a customer portal.
- Provided Agile expertise and IT strategy expertise to an international business development consultancy.
- Mentored several local business people.
Founder2011 - PRESENTMapadillo Ltd
- Researched the market.
- Identified potential early adopters and captured their needs and pain points.
- Recruited consultants with target market expertise to drive adoption and deliver integration.
- Recruited a team of developers.
- Designed, built, and deployed the MVP in the cloud.
- Led marketing work and all business development.
- Hibernated activity and look for other ways to achieve cash flow due to poor sales.
Consultant and Project Manager2006 - 2011Zenulta Ltd
- Served as the scrum master for the start-up team.
- Achieved product launch on schedule.
- Commissioned the first installation at a major Turkish mobile network operator, evaluated by the customer as achieving savings greater than €5 million.
- Devised and delivered training for specialist users in three countries.
- Contributed to software development to help the programmers achieve deadlines.
Subject Matter Expert and Management Consultant2003 - 2006EDS Consulting Services
- Managed consortium partner workshops on a major procurement.
- Acted as the writing specialist sections in two proposals for the UK Cabinet Office.
- Led and managed bid-team specialist sessions in client workshops during bids.
- Coached and directed the technical team in the use of UML and unified process techniques to capture the business view.
- Delivered the estimating work (estimates, measurement scheme, risk management framework), and producing a leveled and resourced program plan for a UK Courts Services program.
- Demanded creation and thought leadership working with the UK Government and with partners.
Team Leader and Design Authority1998 - 2003EDS Secure Government
- Provided team leadership and design authority for several mission management systems.
- Contributed to business development activities including client relationships and bid writing.
- Influenced policy development by building strong relationships with the customer area.
- Improved change management and build procedures.
- Pioneered the introduction of Java and object-oriented skills into the business area.
- Improved client relationships and helped achieve continuous contract renewals for the incumbent EDS team members.
Senior Analyst/Developer1997 - 1998Minerva Computer Systems
- Built Oracle-based products for the charity and non-government organization markets.
- Designed and built a portable application for the British Medical Council assessments staff.
- Delivered system upgrades for charity subscription management systems.
- Introduced development guidelines to the business.
- Introduced change management and build mechanisms to improve the quality of our releases.
Information Systems Developer1994 - 1997Hycalog Limited
- Served as the systems architect for engineering data management systems.
- Provided requirements analysis across design, manufacturing engineering, and production processes.
- Acted as the project manager for two major IT product releases.
- Built a manufacturing control system for the R&D department on MS Access.
Systems Engineer1981 - 1994Smiths Industries Aerospace & Defence
- Contributed to speech recognition R&D.
- Gave many marketing presentations in Europe and USA.
- Lectured for my professional body (IET) in the UK and Europe.
- Integrated Apache helicopter systems with McDonnell Douglas in Phoenix, AZ.
- Led a requirements database project for Boeing 777.