Verified Expert in Product Management
Duong is a Vietnam-based product manager with solid experience managing various consumer-facing products and mobile applications. She has substantial expertise in product management, user experience design, and product analytics. Duong doesn't mind getting her hands dirty to discover user pain points and build the best product to solve them. She loves ideas, but she loves execution even more.
- Worked with the Head of Internal Expansion to ensure the logic of customer experiences when adding internationalization touch-points.
- Collaborated with internal stakeholders, including customer support and test content team, to define improvement points for internal tooling.
- Worked with the Engineering Manager and scrum team to deliver the sprint and roadmap deliverables.
- Delivered products of the highest quality working with engineers and quality assurance (QA) professionals.
- Improved product design by collaborating with the UI/UX designer on design iteration.
- Monitored post-launch product metrics to improve the products continuously.
- Served as a product manager on five projects, including client-facing and internal products.
Product Operations Lead
- Identified key metrics and built a tracking dashboard for the product and overall business performance.
- Performed market analysis, customer segmentation, and competition analysis to assist the CEO in strategy definition.
- Initiated strategic changes in the business model and go-to-market strategy.
- Managed business operations of a cross-functional team of 15, including customer service, sales, marketing, and business administration.
Product and Operations, Founder's Office
- Facilitated the operation of bookings on the platform.
- Analyzed product and business metrics and shared suggestions with the founder team.
- Performed product validation and iteration to lead the product toward a product-market fit.
- Worked with clients to understand their business requirements.
- Created a workflow, storyboard, and user matrix to deliver business requirements to the development team.
- Applied Agile and Scrum project management practices to manage project delivery.
- Led the product development and design phase of the company's website.
- Performed publisher acquisition and retention for Geniee SSP with monthly recorded revenue of $20,000 - $50,000.
- Led five members of the reseller team to achieve monthly revenue of over $50,000.
- Executed growth strategy for the Vietnam and Indonesia market as advised by Google APAC.
MCAT Prep Applicationhttps://www.medschoolcoach.com/mcat-prep-app/
Led revamping of the UI/UX and user flow, adding various touchpoints to improve user engagement with the app.
However, as a mobile application, MCAT Prep used to have a suboptimal and old-fashioned UI/UX with poor user interaction. The product also implemented no analytics, which obstructed product decisions.
As the product manager, I led the revamp of UI/UX and user flow for MCAT Prep, adding various touchpoints to improve user engagement with the app. At the same time, I led the initiative to implement and set up a Mixpanel tracking dashboard to ensure all product decisions were data-driven.
Directed the design and development of a learning podcast platform, a new product in the product ecosystem of MedSchoolCoach.
I worked with the graphic designer and offered the client some options for branding before working relentlessly on the product design. After many iterations, the product came out with a Spotify theme yet still had its flavor of an educational app.
While waiting for the design to be thoroughly flushed out, we teamed up with MedSchoolCoach to create a landing page to spark public interest before the product launch and get early users to sign up for a free trial.
The project is live but available to authorized users only: https://mcat-go.medschoolcoach.com/
Alurts | AI-powered Real-time Stock Alertshttps://alurts.net/
Managed the design of the Alurts web application that attracted 800 early-bird signups for its beta launch.
With this in mind, Alurts sets out to build a solution that will make stock trading easy for everyone, regardless if they are professional day traders or someone who wants to get started with stock trading.
To accomplish that, I've worked with the designers to create the UI/UX flows that translate our learnings about the day traders in the discovery phase into a reasonable customer journey.
Led the redesign of the onboarding workflow to increase the number of brand profiles listed on the platform.
Convosight's key metric is the number of group profiles published on its platform. Ideally, a person who registered an account on Convosight should have published at least one group profile. However, they didn't achieve that goal.
We decided to bring the group profile closer to the user's attention by including it in the onboarding flow, which only consisted of filling up a personal profile.
I drafted a few UX options with the product design team to ensure the onboarding flow was not too long and not too short while still embracing the key components. With the prototypes ready, we conducted usability testing to get user feedback and make some adjustments to the design before breaking it down to product requirements for the engineering team to work on.
FoodHub | Fresh Food Delivery Apphttps://foodhub.vn/
Managed business operations of a cross-functional team of 15, including customer service, sales, marketing, and business administration.
As the product manager, I identified key metrics, built a tracking dashboard for the product and overall business performance, and performed market analysis, customer segmentation, and competition analysis to assist the CEO in strategy definition.
HSBC Intelligent Document Processing System
Led the development of the PoC of a document extraction system for HSBC UK, which resulted in successful customer acquisition.
We needed to build a system in which the information from their paper documents is automatically extracted and saved to a central database for the PoC. If the PoC is successful, the system should be able to classify the information based on certain criteria and make them ready to use for concerning departments.
As the first product manager of this project, I was in charge of delivering this PoC, including:
• Understanding HSBC's processes to the core, translated to business and technical requirements for the production team.
• Working with the production team (business analysts, QA, engineers) and managed delivery in terms of progress and quality.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Foreign Trade University - Hanoi, Vietnam
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring