Verified Expert in Product Management
Enrique has a long career in product management and design and runs a consultancy firm providing advisory services to clients. Throughout his career, he’s held various roles as advisor, chief product officer, and partner at multiple companies and startups in the fields of IoT, fintech, SaaS companies, and product appliances.
Chief Product Officer
- Oversaw development of index methodology and quantification of GHG emissions via various data sources.
- Communicated the product vision across stakeholders, company employees, investors, board of directors, and customers.
- Built, coached, and led a high-quality team of product managers, designers, researchers, and analysts.
Product Management Consultant
- Established my own consulting practice advising clients in product management, design, and engineering.
- Focused my practice around verticals for on-demand mobility services, and IoT cloud applications, delivering product innovation, asserting business objectives, and defining practical outcomes.
- Spearheaded organizational change programs, including business-design thinking, digital transformation, and establishing product design and development action plans required to support these change programs.
- Established innovation labs and digital studios for companies ramping up fast prototyping and incubation activities, recruiting talent, and setting up functional multidisciplinary teams.
- Fulfilled interim CPO and CTO roles in fintech. SaaS, mobility services, and product companies.
Chief Product Officer
- Created a product roadmap for a SaaS fintech product defining features and user stories backlog based on customer and business data analysis.
- Worked on product-market fit validation, KPIs, and success criteria; developed a fundamental and quantitative methodology for classifying and rating blockchain assets.
- Recruited and ramped up the design and engineering team and facilitated marketing and sales activation.
- Oversaw and managed P&L, contract negotiation, and technical management.
- Handled the service launch and commercial in less than 12 months.
- Established client support and engineering teams across three continents.
Director of Design
HERE Deutschland GmbH
- Launched the concept for Mercedes EQ interior HMI (tools, styles, and development environment for Daimler Sunnyvale) at Paris Motor Show (Mondial de l’Automobile) in 2016.
- Produced impactful showcases for geospatial analytics, including location content and dynamic data services for smart cities and automotive; also as a demonstrator, launched at the Las Vegas CES 2017 Show.
- Acquired talent; also retained and mentored a design studio organization of 15 experts in GIS which included cartographers, designers, 3D production artists, and software engineers.
- Established an IoT design lab to design and develop rapid prototyping and internal and external developers, e.g., hackathons.
- Managed the product backlog (user stories, acceptance, criteria) and budget.
Design Director for Connecter Car Experience
HERE Deutschland GmbH
- Implemented the successful ramp-up of the Connected Car team, recruiting designers, engineers, and researchers in less than six months for a total of 25 specialists.
- Established a simulation-and-validation laboratory to conform to safety and verification standards.
- Launched the first vehicle (Jaguar XJ), which raised the position of Jaguar from tenth to first YoY.
- Established Agile development methodologies with engineering and provided thought leadership on HMI's future. After this success, several OEMs licensed the Connected Car offerings.
- Enabled OEM data and services required for autonomous driving and location-based services for the divestiture of Nokia-HERE in a $3 billion deal with Audi, BMW, and Daimler.
- Managed a team of designers (UX, interaction, visual), motion, and 3D artists.
- Recruited developers and creative technologists and ramped up the laboratory space for hardware prototyping on IoT and location-based services.
Head of Design
- Spearheaded the design and engineering team of 15, which worked on developing the concepts for three new products aimed at emerging markets.
- Defined industrial design, embedded chipset, and software requirements.
- Designed and developed cloud, services, and applications that were aimed at emerging markets' needs.
- Launched Asha 501 with more than 230 million units shipped worldwide.
- Created the concept design and developed the first Android-based tablet, N1, and a touch-and-type product, NEO.
Head of Design, Location, and Commerce Products
- Launched a service beachhead test for location-based payment and rewards product in less than seven months.
- Defined the product experience for a dual marketplace (B2B and B2C), setting KPIs and metrics for business and tracking performance with merchants, content acquisition, and transaction tracking.
- Recruited and coached a team of designers and prototypers and ramped up Agile processes to cover multiple products; point of sale (POS), physical in-store, mobile platforms iOS, Windows Phone 7, Android, and web browsers.
- Oversaw and regulated the product backlog and the research and development of user stories and metrics for both types of customers (B2B for merchants and B2C for end users).
Blue Swan Gradinghttp://grading.blue-swan.io
Led the product design and development for a SaaS product.
• Implemented production-market fit validation, KPIs, and success criteria and developed a fundamental-and-quantitative methodology for classifying and rating blockchain assets.
• Recruited and ramped up design and engineering team, facilitating marketing and sales activation.
• Oversaw the operational P&L for the SaaS product.
• Successfully launched the service and commercial in less than 12 months.
• Established client support and engineering teams across three continents.
Scaled the product company by combining data science, devices, and molecular engineering.
• Facilitated the attraction of investments and IP creation and helped the company become part of L’Oreal Open Innovation and ScaleUp by Brinc programs.
EMBA in International Business and Design
Aalto University - Helsinki, Finland
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
ICAI - Madrid