Chief Product Officer2017 - PRESENTBlue Swan
- Created a product roadmap for a SaaS fintech product defining features and user stories backlog based on customer and business data analysis.
- Worked on a product-market fit validation and KPIs and success criteria; also developed fundamental and quantitative methodology for classification and rating blockchain assets.
- Recruited and ramped up the design and engineering team and facilitated marketing and sales activation.
- Oversaw and managed the the operational P&L.
- Handled the service launch and commercial in less than 12 months.
- Established client support and engineering teams across three continents.
Product Management Consultant2017 - PRESENTEGA Consulting
- Established my own consulting practice advising clients in product management, design, and engineering.
- Focused my practice around verticals for on-demand mobility services, IoT cloud applications, and delivering product innovation, asserting business objectives, and defining practical outcomes.
- Spearheaded organizational change programs, including business-design thinking, digital transformation, and establishing product design and development action plans required to support these change programs.
- Established innovation labs and digital studios for companies ramping-up fast prototyping and incubation activities, recruiting talent and setting up functional multidisciplinary teams.
- Fulfilled the roles of interim CPO and CTO in fintech/SaaS, mobility services, and product companies.
Director of Design2015 - 2017HERE Deutschland GmbH
- Successfully launched the concept for Mercedes EQ interior HMI (tools, styles, and development environment for Daimler Sunnyvale) at Paris Motor Show (Mondial de l’Automobile) in 2016.
- Produced impactful showcases for geospatial analytics including location content and dynamic data services for smart cities and automotive; also as a demonstrator, launched at the Las Vegas CES 2017 Show.
- Acquired talent; also retained and mentored a design studio organization of 15 experts in GIS which included cartographers, designer, 3D production artists, and software engineers.
- Established an IoT design lab for the design and development of rapid prototyping and internal and external developers, e.g., hackathons.
- Managed the product backlog (user stories, acceptance, criteria) and budget.
Design Director, Connecter Car Experience2012 - 2015HERE Deutschland GmbH
- Implemented the successful ramp-up of the Connected Car team recruiting designers, engineers, and researchers in less than six months for a total of 25 specialists.
- Established a simulation-and-validation laboratory to conform with safety and verification standards.
- Launched the first vehicle (Jaguar XJ) which raised the position of Jaguar from tenth to first YoY.
- Established Agile development methodologies with engineering and provided thought leadership on HMI future. After this success, several OEMs licensed Connected Car offering.
- Contributed to success in the automotive space which led to the Nokia divestiture of HERE in a $3 billion deal with Audi, BMW, and Daimler that would guarantee preferential access to data and services required for autonomous driving and location-based services.
- Managed a team of designers (UX, interaction, visual), motion and 3D artists.
- Recruited developers and creative technologists and ramped up the laboratory space for hardware prototyping on IoT and location-based services.
Head of Design2011 - 2012Nokia
- Spearheaded the design and engineering team of 15 which worked on developing the concepts for three new products aimed at emerging markets.
- Defined industrial design, embedded chipset, and software requirements.
- Designed and developed cloud/services and applications that were aimed at emerging markets' needs.
- Successful launched Asha 501 with more than 230 million units shipped worldwide.
- Created the concept design and developed the first Android-based tablet N1 and a touch-and-type product, NEO.
Head of Design, Location and Commerce Products2010 - 2011Nokia
- Launched a service beachhead test for location-based payment and rewards product in less than seven months.
- Defined the product experience for a dual-marketplace (B2B and B2C) setting KPIs and metrics for business and tracking performance with merchants, content acquisition, and transaction tracking.
- Recruited and coached a team of designers and prototypers and ramped up Agile processes to cover multiple products; point of sale (POS), physical in-store, mobile platforms iOS, Windows Phone 7, Android, and web browsers.
- Managed resources and budgets.
- Oversaw and regulated the product backlog and the research and development of user stories and metrics for both types of customers (B2B for merchants and B2C for end users).