SVP of Banking Products2018 - PRESENTPostFI
- Designed FX, crypto, and liquidity management platform products for small to medium banks.
- Conducted market research on core banking systems and integration strategies.
- Performed market and technical research on real-time payments networks.
- Built revenue models tor prospective bank customers.
- Designed and modeled flows of funds processes for payments transactions and exchanges for digital and fiat.
Acting CTO2015 - 2018Lyric Financial
- Led the design, development, and launch of an online music-royalty and sales-factoring platform with instant international funding capabilities.
PCI and Data Security Consultant2016 - 2016Lottery.com (AutoLotto)
- Developed a data security strategy and consulted on the system design for PCI DSS compliance.
- Designed secure storage services utilizing Hashicorp Vault for securely storing, indexing and retrieving sensitive data and credit card and bank information for payments.
- Modeled a payment transaction process.
Acting Head of Technology2016 - 2016G2Lytics
- Developed a technology strategy to support product concept around sales tax fraud detection.
- Worked as part of a business development team pitching to state governments.
Consultant2014 - 2015Evermind
- Helped a tech team to design efficient high-volume message processing platform for a device that would monitor the usage of medical equipment and home appliances through the electrical signals between machine a wall socket. The data was sent over a cellular network.
- Designed touchscreen QA stations that the manufacturer would use to flash device firmware and perform QA on the devices.
Acting CTO2014 - 2015Splitsecnd
- Was brought in to remediate the platform that managed automotive plug-in crash detection devices that could call for emergency help and track vehicle with GPS. The platform was frequently crashing and devices losing communications.
- Developed a full product strategy and roadmap for the next generation of devices.
- Set up an e-call compatibility program.
- Redesigned and architected a platform for scale and performance as well as future flexibility.
- Worked as part of business development team to sell pilots to insurance companies and auto clubs in Europe.
PCI Consultant2014 - 2014Les Conceirges
- Implemented a pre-audit remediation before a PCI DSS certification audit.
- Helped reduce the in-scope footprint of systems.
- Worked with a PCI auditor to help more clearly communicate system design and facilitate the audit process.
Acting CTO2012 - 2014Spring Marketplace
- Designed and led the implementation of a card-linked-offers-and-advertising platform. The platform created and managed debit- or credit-card-based reward programs and communication for merchants.
- Led the PCI certification effort as well as audits by Visa, MC, and Amex.
- Set up a hybrid infrastructure with AWS and secure data center as well as worked with secure storage vendors to create hardened PAN storage.
- Developed a point-of-sale tablet that allowed users to register for a merchant program by just swiping their card.
Consultant2012 - 2013CBW Bank
- Developed a system architecture for an ISO8583 bridge to EFT network.
VP of Product Engineering/Innovation2008 - 2012edō Interactive
- Worked for edō Interactive, a next-generation advertising company cultivating loyal consumers with proprietary technology that delivers behavioral incentives over traditional debit and payment services networks.
- Served as the organization’s first formal technology manager and chief architect driving innovation in the company’s products and services.
- Played a key role in the rapid early growth of this startup by driving innovation its products and services and supporting IT services.
- Conceived, designed, and implemented innovative technologies and services while earning recognition as the holder of four patents developed for the company.
- Led the technical development and deployment of the premier debit card product, a supporting marketing and finance platform, and a licensable multipurpose loyalty and rewards platform for integration with third-party card programs.
- Designed and brought to market the first real-time card-linked offers system in the industry.
- Led the design and implementation of a real-time transaction analysis engine capable of analyzing and processing well over 3,000 transactions a second and processing >12 billion transactions a year.
Chief Information Officer2005 - 2007CompuPay (BenefitMall)
- Worked as the CIO for the largest privately held payroll processing, tax services, and employee benefits provider (fourth overall).
- Directed the technical operations of four payroll platforms and two tax processing platforms that drove 90% of the company’s revenues.
- Managed a staff of 60+ technologists and managers with data processing operations in two data centers and systems in 20 sales/support offices.
- Provided technical due diligence facilitating the acquisition of other payroll processing companies.
- Led the build-out of two premium level co-located data centers in Miami and Nashville that dramatically enhanced system availability and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Revamped the application service model and hosting infrastructure and introduced server virtualization to protect the revenue stream and lower costs.
- Dramatically improved and accelerated development efforts by introducing Scrum Agile software development methodology to new platform/product development teams and legacy system support teams.
President | CTO | Co-founder1998 - 2005Stroudwater Technologies, LLC
- Co-founded a more than $5.5 million/year regional software development and technology consulting firm specializing in software development and systems integration project management.
- Pioneered a new and innovative approach to selling and delivering technology projects in one of the first firms to offer fixed-price projects and warranty work against code defects.
- Managed company operations and played a key role in new business development.
- Effectively promoted the company as an organization that paid special attention to people and processes in technology implementations.
- More than tripled revenues in only three years.
- Played a key role in securing commercial lines of credit and local business development loans that were critical to funding the company’s early growth.