Verified Expert in Product Management
Filip is a project manager with more than a decade of experience in consulting, IT project management, and product development. He oversees JTI's global rollout of Ploom devices as a program manager. He has experience as a senior project manager at REWE Digital and as a product owner at IBM for Docker Containers. Filip has a proven delivery track record and product management capabilities in various capacities.
Interim Head of Product
Luxembourg Stock Exchange (LuxSE)
- Worked directly with the CTO of the stock exchange, steered the transformation project to implement Azure Cloud and phase-off legacy systems while creating a highly-scalable, cloud-native environment for real-time analytics with Kafka - Kafka core, Kafka Connect, and Kafka Streams.
- Helped the stock exchange to transition towards real-time data processing with Kafka while sunsetting legacy systems.
- Coached the DevOps team how to implement, monitor and troubleshoot the Kafka implementation.
- Introduced data governance and data lineage to the client.
Principal Product Manager Event Streaming Platform
- Managed three SCRUM teams running and maintaining ING’s global platform with Kafka with more than 400 clients and 1,000 topics in production.
- Scaled ING’s real-time data streaming platform from 5 to 400 clients with more than 1,000 streams in production and over 400,000 events/second.
- Designed and deployed at scale world-first Kafka self-service application allowing ING clients to perform major tasks without the need of support via beautiful UI.
- Posessed full functional and operational responsibility to develop, maintain and run Kafka.
- Defined and delivered the vision for Global Streaming platform for over 40 markets and thousands of internal clients.
- Helped ING’s capability to three cross-functional SCRUM teams with a single purpose, vision, and domain.
- Designed presentations and pitches solutions to senior management, lead architects, tribe, etc.
- Managed backlog for the Kafka platform and advance feature development such as self-service topic management and AVRO schema automation.
- Prepared roadmaps for entire product area and broke them into functional themes, EPICs, features, and user stories.
- Used and designed Grafana dashboards to monitor and integrate with Kafka.
- Designed a monitoring system with Grafana, Kibana, and Prometheus to monitor platform on a global level with custom dashboards, alerts, and notifications.
Product Owner E-commerce
- Managed two scrum teams dedicated 100% to REWE’s eCommerce website—REWE.de.
- Helped REWE to scale by integrating 3rd party shops, warehouses, and shipping partners to be able to cross-sell services at its marketplace—REWE Paket.
- Defined and built the back end of REWE Paket—built micro-services handling the full cycle—inbound, fulfillment and outbound. REWE Paket brought fresh revenue of more than €10 million.
- Worked with modern software development approaches and tools such as Scrum, REST APIs, micro-services, containers, Apache Kafka, Gcloud, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Served on the team when REWE Paket was awarded the most-innovative project in REWE for 2018 among 20 other initiatives.
Product Owner - Docker Containers
- Brought Docker containers on IBM System Z family.
- Led a scrum team of six to develop, rollout, and support Docker on zLinux.
- Held full responsibility for sales enablement, MarCom, and positioning.
- Worked with Docker to define the roadmap, priorities, and user stories.
- Utilized Docker Engine, Docker Trusted Registry, and Universal control pane to run on zLinux.
- Appointed to lead a cross-functional team of seven to build Telenor’s eWallet mobile app for iOS (Swift) and Android (Java).
- Defined the feature requirements, UI, UX, value proposition, client target segments, rollout plan, etc.
- Prepared development roadmap and was responsible for prioritization and communication.
- Served as the liaison for the integration of the apps with the TelCo’s core systems.
- Grew the userbase of the e-wallet to 200,000 in 12 months.
Ernst & Young
- Prepared advice in finance, strategy, and marketing including G2M, market entry/exit, and optimizations.
- Conducted G2M, market entry/exit, and optimizations.
- Contributed to financial and business-case modeling.
- Primarily focused on tech, financial institutions, and pharmaceuticals.
- Worked with clients including Telenor, ING, Spotify, Unicredit, Coca-Cola, and IBM.
Telenor Automated Customer Servicehttps://www.telenor.bg/en/news/globul-officially-becomes-telenor
Joined all customer channels - call center, retail, online into one customer care experience and increased NPS with 18%.
I was also involved as a product manager/project manager in the rebranding of recently acquired Globul to Telenor, the subsequent strategic projects which included new business lines (finance services), the introduction of 4G services, and due diligence of potential cable operators acquisitions.
Grew a greenfield grocery e-marketplace project to €10 million revenue and over 50,000 recurring customers monthly.
Docker for System Z
I have helped bring compatibility of Docker Containers to IBM's biggest selling line of servers - Z System mainframe.
Scaled ING's streaming platform to almost 500 clients with more than 1,000 Kafka topics while saving millions of Euro.
Kafka@Luxembourg Stock Exchange
Transitioned luxSE infrastructure from batch-processing to real-time, cloud-native analytics with Kafka.
Defined and delivered on a vision for an instant grocery service in Hamburg, Germany. Led a successful pilot for 2 months
Master's Degree in Strategic Management
Rotterdam School of Management - Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
American University in Bulgaria - Bulgaria
Bachelor's Degree in Business Information Systems
American University in Bulgaria - Bulgaria
EPAM SCRUM training
Agile Product Owner
Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC)
The Art of Project Management
International Business Consultatnts (IBC)
Pyramid Structuring - Result-driven Business Communication
Projectservices - ID 10525-003-002
Program and Portfolio Management
International Business Consultants (IBC)