Interim Head of Product2019 - PRESENTLuxembourg Stock Exchange (LuxSE)
- Worked directly with the CTO of the stock exchange, steered the transformation project to implement Azure Cloud and phase-off legacy systems while creating a highly-scalable, cloud-native environment for real-time analytics with Kafka - Kafka core, Kafka Connect, and Kafka Streams.
- Helped the stock exchange to transition towards real-time data processing with Kafka while sunsetting legacy systems.
- Coached the DevOps team how to implement, monitor and troubleshoot the Kafka implementation.
- Introduced data governance and data lineage to the client.
Principal Product Manager Event Streaming Platform2018 - 2019ING Group
- Managed three SCRUM teams running and maintaining ING’s global platform with Kafka with more than 400 clients and 1,000 topics in production.
- Scaled ING’s real-time data streaming platform from 5 to 400 clients with more than 1,000 streams in production and over 400,000 events/second.
- Designed and deployed at scale world-first Kafka self-service application allowing ING clients to perform major tasks without the need of support via beautiful UI.
- Posessed full functional and operational responsibility to develop, maintain and run Kafka.
- Defined and delivered the vision for Global Streaming platform for over 40 markets and thousands of internal clients.
- Helped ING’s capability to three cross-functional SCRUM teams with a single purpose, vision, and domain.
- Designed presentations and pitches solutions to senior management, lead architects, tribe, etc.
- Managed backlog for the Kafka platform and advance feature development such as self-service topic management and AVRO schema automation.
- Prepared roadmaps for entire product area and broke them into functional themes, EPICs, features, and user stories.
- Used and designed Grafana dashboards to monitor and integrate with Kafka.
- Designed a monitoring system with Grafana, Kibana, and Prometheus to monitor platform on a global level with custom dashboards, alerts, and notifications.
Product Owner E-commerce2017 - 2018REWE Digital
- Managed two scrum teams dedicated 100% to REWE’s eCommerce website—REWE.de.
- Helped REWE to scale by integrating 3rd party shops, warehouses, and shipping partners to be able to cross-sell services at its marketplace—REWE Paket.
- Defined and built the back end of REWE Paket—built micro-services handling the full cycle—inbound, fulfillment and outbound. REWE Paket brought fresh revenue of more than €10 million.
- Worked with modern software development approaches and tools such as Scrum, REST APIs, micro-services, containers, Apache Kafka, Gcloud, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Served on the team when REWE Paket was awarded the most-innovative project in REWE for 2018 among 20 other initiatives.
Product Owner - Docker Containers2015 - 2017IBM
- Brought Docker containers on IBM System Z family.
- Led a scrum team of six to develop, rollout, and support Docker on zLinux.
- Held full responsibility for sales enablement, MarCom, and positioning.
- Worked with Docker to define the roadmap, priorities, and user stories.
- Utilized Docker Engine, Docker Trusted Registry, and Universal control pane to run on zLinux.
Product Manager2013 - 2015Telenor Norway
- Appointed to lead a cross-functional team of seven to build Telenor’s eWallet mobile app for iOS (Swift) and Android (Java).
- Defined the feature requirements, UI, UX, value proposition, client target segments, rollout plan, etc.
- Prepared development roadmap and was responsible for prioritization and communication.
- Served as the liaison for the integration of the apps with the TelCo’s core systems.
- Grew the userbase of the e-wallet to 200,000 in 12 months.
Senior Consultant2010 - 2013Ernst & Young
- Prepared advice in finance, strategy, and marketing including G2M, market entry/exit, and optimizations.
- Conducted G2M, market entry/exit, and optimizations.
- Contributed to financial and business-case modeling.
- Primarily focused on tech, financial institutions, and pharmaceuticals.
- Worked with clients including Telenor, ING, Spotify, Unicredit, Coca-Cola, and IBM.