Verified Expert in Product Management
Harman is a product leader with a knack for turning ideas into products that millions love. With over six years of experience, he has led the development of various products in eCommerce, marketplaces, and B2C organizations. He has built and grown products at AIIR Consulting, Angi, SAXX, SocialNature, VisualCV, and thisopenspace. He is customer-centric, aligning the company towards a clear product vision. Harman also advises startups on product and growth.
Head of Product
- Led a 20-person product, design, and engineering team at a leadership coaching marketplace going through the digital transformation of the entire business.
- Built a coaching zone platform so all stakeholders, like HR leaders, coaches, etc., can collaborate and business accelerate through M&A.
- Built a self-service assessment platform that spun off as AIIR Analytics.
Senior Marketplace Product Manager
- Oversaw the implementation of the "combined match" experience that combines 20+ different experiences into a single results page for a mobile-first environment, increasing the number of consumers taking action by 15%.
- Partnered with ActiveProspect to launch "trusted forms" for Android and iOS, leading to new annual agreements with large service providers amounting to $5 million.
- Worked closely with category management teams to update service request paths for various articles, which led to an annual projected revenue increase of $11 million.
eCommerce Product Manager
- Built a data warehouse and CDP that collects 100+ data points from sources like ERP, Shopify, digital marketing tools, and so on by building a data collection library and ETL pipeline, which helped with personalized marketing and deep data science.
- Launched an international store with localized pricing, payment methods, and logistics integration within four months—adding 10% to the revenue.
- Led and built an in-house team of six that developed desktop and mobile web products at SAXX that focused on driving traffic to the web platform, optimizing the conversion funnel, increasing retention, and scaling up new customer acquisition.
Product Manager of Growth and Data
- Crafted a service design blueprint for our onboarding experience and led various associated improvements that improved trial conversation by 25%.
- Launched Launchpad and increased the number of clients by 30x over the course of a few months through email marketing using UGC guides as hooks.
- Developed automated data delivery programs for external and internal stakeholders, increasing service delivery speed from five hours to five minutes.
Product Manager: Growth
- Launched a website builder to help users build websites from resumes—decreasing churn by 70%.
- Integrated ZipRecruiter’s job search API within the web and mobile apps to help users apply for jobs within the platform and added 10% to LTV.
- Increased MAU by 150%—measured over four months—by aggregating best UGC into vertical-specific landing pages.
Associate Product Manager
- Built a playbook to launch in new markets, which were used to launch in three new markets in the US—New York, Los Angeles, and Seattle—doubling the MRR growth rate.
- Shipped three programs—rare places, a sorting algorithm change, and automated SMS integration—increasing overall host engagement by 30%.
- Implemented product-wide tracking and built a KPI dashboard on Metabase using SQL, which found insights that later led to the company’s strategic shift to retail.
Customer Data Platform for SAXXhttps://www.saxxunderwear.com/
Led the scoping and implementation of customer data warehouse and platform for a direct-to-consumer (DTC) eCommerce brand, SAXX.
I led the scoping of a platform that would allow us to bring all the customer data together in one place.
• Led the scoping of various customer data platforms (CDP) providers and implementation partners.
• Collaborated with cross-functional stakeholders to develop a business specification, tracking plan, and mapping key identifiers.
• Implemented segment connections to over ten destinations.
Worked as a partner to Avocure's founder to launch the MVP, build a comprehensive product roadmap and achieve more than 50,000 users.
• Conducted competitive analysis of three other platforms and interviews with both hospital managers and patients for customer validation.
• Built the product specs and defined the product roadmap.
• Hired and managed extremely talented developers and a designer.
• Ultimately delivered this project for approximately 30% of the total cost that two other firms had quoted.
Key features include a messaging capability, an admin dashboard for both the hospital and patient, and sorting and filtering of PLP.
VisualCV: Website Builderhttp://www.visualcv.com
Led the development of web builder platform that helps over 3 million job seekers annually build personal websites from their resumes.
My role was to build products that added value to users and solved the above issues. After realizing the yearly growth in sharing of the web-hosted resume, I surveyed over 10,000 users to validate the problem and developed the product roadmap for the website builder.
• Led a remote team of two developers and one designer which launched the MVP within one month.
• Activated 30% of the user base and 3x LTV of activated users.
Led the product strategy for marketplace capabilities that connect users with brands for Social Nature's sampling businesses from ideation to the go-to-market phase; also led all the growth engineering and experimentation that increased supply 50x.
• Led over 100 interviews with brands and collected more than 50 data points from over 1,000 users to develop MVP for Launchpad.
• Launched an annual guidebook helping brands share their stories with retailers and users, which increased supply to more than 300 brands.
• Built an automated data delivery client dashboard for brands for real time access to data points.
• Responsible for designing the emails' 1-click boost features, which aimed to increase user engagement.
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
University of British Columbia - Vancouver, BC, Canada
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring