Verified Expert in Product Management
Krista is a product strategist and designer with seven years of leadership experience across product, design, and engineering. She has led and influenced multimillion-dollar products in various industries, including eCommerce and healthcare. With proficiency in multiple product disciplines, she excels at managing the entire product lifecycle—from product roadmapping to delivery. Her sweet spot is advising companies on mobile app product strategies and designs that deliver quantifiable results.
Product Manager: Product Strategy & Design
- Evaluated and prioritized potential roadmap items by using a holistic set of drivers to ensure alignment with leadership, overarching initiatives, and KPIs for a 12 to 19-month planning roadmap.
- Created a strategy for MyUPMC's engagement in partnership with the director of the consumer strategy, including the roadmap, analytics strategy, and brand development.
- Led product management on various engagement roadmap items and wrote product briefs that documented the goals, value, high-level requirements, and KPIs for each feature.
- Designed and implemented product process frameworks for planning and delivery of program roadmaps.
- Demonstrated design leadership across the web and mobile applications, managing brand design creation and the overarching visual design.
Advisor: Product Strategy & Design
- Advised the chief technology officer on a monthly basis regarding product road mapping, team and organizational structure, and technology direction to meet overall user, organization, business, and investor goals.
- Coached product managers on strategic thinking, product documentation, process, and product leadership.
- Mentored the design team on product design and product development processes.
- Advised on building a product and design team covering roles, positions, responsibilities, and expectations, including lines of communication and interaction between product management, designers, and engineers.
- Led state of the product evaluations: established the current state of RoadRunner products and strategized the logical next steps and projects for products at RoadRunner.
Product Manager & Lead Designer
Hustle Training (Freelance)
- Created a new component library across mobile and web with icons, illustrations, and animations, using Figma, Adobe Illustrator, and After Effects with Lottie.
- Reimagined the mobile app strategy and visual experience across iOS and Android to increase month-over-month user acquisition (+63%) and app retention (+95%).
- Designed and developed an improved web presence on hustletraining.com (Webflow). Increased impressions (+76%) and click-throughs (+117%) within the first week. Decreased the homepage bounce rate (-20%).
Lead Product Designer | Design Team Lead
- Oversaw design for MyUPMC, ensuring the completion and delivery of high-quality design work that effectively communicates the product vision to stakeholders, product management, and engineering.
- Coached the design team by setting clear goals and managing their work prioritization and processes, enabling them to focus on the design work.
- Led the redesign and rewrite of our web application, introducing and documenting a new design system with improved visual styles, UX patterns, and accessibility standards.
- Led the mobile app redesign and improvements in the information architecture, increasing engagement with foundational features by more than 150%.
Lead Mobile Product Designer & Engineer
DICK'S Sporting Goods
- Headed all product design, creating UI/UX deliverables to meet customer needs by working with product management, customer service, and customers to understand business requirements, feedback, and pain points. Oversaw UAT of design and product.
- Increased user acquisition by nearly 40% and more than doubled customer engagement in the loyalty program.
- Assimilated broad, conceptual ideas and crafted interactive experiences to assess the viability quickly and cheaply test ideas using tools such as Proto.io and UserTesting.com.
- Conducted design sprints with various stakeholders to balance business requirements with the customer’s voice to design user personas, journeys, flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Developed features in an Agile process for the DSG consumer mobile application while serving as the lead Android developer.
- Delivered (in the DSG mobile app) CRM integration, fitness tracker integration (MOVE), gift cards, store finder, personalized home screens, and, coming soon, My Offers.
Product & UX Strategist
- Designed the UX Strategy for the new Request Signature feature developing five user personas with different use cases and motivations.
- Led UX research and user interviews to determine personas and outline user flows and use cases for 10 varying scenarios.
- Defined the UX design and implementation, cross-collaborating with marketing, product, and engineering leadership to document requirements, review user stories, and design the user interface.
- Audited the design quality assurance for the feature and completed user acceptance testing on over 50+ user stories before launch.
- Designed A/B tests for copy options in the onboarding of the feature to ensure the feature was well defined and understood by users.
Product Manager & Application Developer
- Managed the product development of a human resources web application, incorporating the user-centered design process.
- Led the customer research strategy by facilitating focus groups, interviews, and surveys to understand customer pain points and desires.
- Designed 14+ user data flows to facilitate product-related knowledge transfer.
- Developed 113 stored procedures to contribute to a rewrite of an enterprise-wide supply chain application.
DICK'S Sporting Goods Apphttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/dicks-sporting-goods-fitness/id556653197
Increased user acquisition (nearly 40%) and more than doubled customer engagement in the loyalty program.
The DICK'S Sporting Goods mobile app improves customer lifetime value and loyalty by giving customers exclusive access to personalized offers, ScoreCard points tracking, rewards, and more.
In its formative years (2016-2018), I led the design and development of many foundational features that increased customer acquisition and engagement:
1. The ScoreCard Program allows customers to earn reward points on every purchase. Users can view their balance and scan and redeem rewards from the app.
2. MOVE is a customer loyalty program integrated with ScoreCard that allows users to earn rewards by achieving daily activity goals by integrating with Apple Health, Garmin, Fitbit, and MapMyRun.
3. My Offers is a personalized coupon engine based on machine learning and user preferences that suggests the best offers for customers.
4. I also led the redesign of the home screen, introducing personalization and dynamic content, which increased overall app engagement by 200%.
Hustle @ Home Training | Mobile App Redesignhttps://apps.apple.com/jp/app/hustle-at-home-sports-training/id998800047?l=en#?platform=iphone
Reimagined the mobile app strategy and visual experience across iOS and Android to increase month-over-month user acquisition (+63%) and app retention (+95%).
I reviewed product analytics and user behavior patterns and identified areas that needed design improvements. Overall, I improved the information architecture to reduce friction and improve the overall UX to allow more users to watch more training videos. We introduced features such as favorites and workout playlists; a personalized, dynamic home screen; and an explore section where users could search for sports training content.
Technically, this involved designing a new component library across mobile and web with icons, illustrations, and animations, using Figma, Adobe Illustrator, and After Effects with Lottie.
Led the redesign of MyUPMC web and mobile applications.
I also partnered with product owners to build out near-term roadmaps, develop analytics strategies, validate PRDs, manage the prototyping process, and work with engineering to develop features.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
The Pennsylvania State University - Pennsylvania, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring