Founder, VP of Product2018 - PRESENTFermi.xyz
- Provided product and engineering management expertise to innovative projects in fintech and healthcare. Focused on agile, lean, and design thinking applied to R&D in machine learning, blockchain and distributed systems, development and system design.
- Explored methods to leverage decentralized technologies for healthcare, fintech, research, and trusted computing.
- Advised teams and invested in startups. Member of the Blockchain for Science think tank.
Director of Software Solutions, US and EU2015 - 2017iHealth Labs
- Built enterprise Software-as-a-Service and mobile solutions for tele-health in the US, Europe, and Asia. Responsible for B2B SaaS, in charge of product management and recruiting and managing the development team. Directly managed 12 people.
- Implemented a HIPAA and EU data compliance strategy with HL7 FHIR. Prioritized features after data-driven insights—integrated mobile apps with Bluetooth digital health wearables and medical devices.
- Improved retention metrics by 85% by building video consultation features using WebRTC.
- Led the Power2DM project (five million Euros) for large-scale R&D, product work, APIs integration and business planning on a mobile and web application for predictive diabetes management.
- Built web apps with React, Node.js, GraphQL, MongoDB, and mobile apps with React Native, Bluetooth medical devices, wearables integration, and machine learning analytics.
Founder, CEO2014 - 2015Science.cx
- Built a business and SaaS product focusing on the paper lifecycle for researchers.
- Invited to several conferences, including Sage Bionetworks (Apple ResearchKit), LeWeb, WikiMania, SIS-RRI, and others.
- Participated in a startup accelerator. Won startup grant and awards.
CTO2004 - 2012EuroPhD
- Spearheaded the IT strategy of this EU-funded international doctorate program and research lab. Oversaw product management for an in-house e-learning platform built with WebObjects, while managing professionals working for a third-party.
- Advocated, deployed, and customized (with XSLT) a Google Mini search appliance, which led to a 70% increase in accuracy and responsiveness.
- Planned and deployed an enterprise-grade private cloud by installing and customizing Synology NAS rack and home servers, increasing speed by 36%, and reliability by 40% as well as maintainability.
- Advised on the data visualization course with Tableau.
Founder, Creator1999 - 2009La mela di Newton
- Created an award-winning website on science and technology at 14 years of age from the ground up.
- Learned HTML, CSS, server-side scripting and deployments, Unix and macOS X server administration, web marketing, community-building, video streaming, and online education technologies.
- Won several international awards in Europe and abroad.
International Juror2003 - 2008Pirelli
- Member of the Next Internet Award panel together with MIT Media Lab director Walter Bender.
- Part of an international jury panel, which included Nobel Prize winners, top researchers, and business managers.
- Learned team play, evaluation of top-tier research projects, and innovations in several fields.