Founder, VP of Product2018 - PRESENTFermi.xyz
- Provided technical product management expertise to new projects in fintech and healthcare, from startups to big companies. Focused on agile and lean applied to R&D in web and mobile, blockchain and distributed systems, system design.
- Explored methods to leverage decentralized technologies for healthcare, fintech, research, and trusted computing.
- Advised teams and invested in startups. Member of the Blockchain for Science think tank.
Director of Software Solutions, US and EU2015 - 2017iHealth Labs
- Built enterprise SaaS and mobile solutions for telehealth in the US, Europe, and Asia. Oversaw B2B SaaS, in charge of product management and recruiting and managing the development team. Directly managed 12 people.
- Implemented a HIPAA and EU data compliance strategy with HL7 FHIR. Prioritized features after data-driven insights—integrated mobile apps with Bluetooth digital health wearables and medical devices.
- Improved retention metrics by 85% by building video consultation features using WebRTC.
- Led the Power2DM project (5 million Euros) for large-scale R&D, product work, APIs integration, and business planning on a mobile and web application for predictive diabetes management.
- Built web apps with React, Node.js, GraphQL, MongoDB, and mobile apps with React Native, Bluetooth medical devices, wearables integration, and machine learning analytics.
Founder | CEO2014 - 2015Science.cx
- Built a business and SaaS product focusing on the paper lifecycle for researchers.
- Invited to several conferences, including Sage Bionetworks (Apple ResearchKit), LeWeb, Wikimania, SIS-RRI, and others.
- Participated in a startup accelerator. Won a startup grant and awards.
CTO2004 - 2012EuroPhD
- Spearheaded the IT strategy of this EU-funded international doctorate program and research lab. Oversaw product management for an in-house e-learning platform built with WebObjects, while managing professionals working for a third-party.
- Advocated, deployed, and customized (with XSLT) a Google Mini search appliance, which led to a 70% increase in accuracy and responsiveness.
- Planned and deployed an enterprise-grade private cloud by installing and customizing Synology NAS rack and home servers, increasing speed by 36%, and reliability by 40% as well as maintainability.
- Advised on the data visualization course with Tableau.
Founder, Creator1999 - 2009La mela di Newton
- Created an award-winning website on science and technology at 14 years of age from the ground up.
- Learned HTML, CSS, server-side scripting and deployments, Unix and macOS X server administration, web marketing, community-building, video streaming, and online education technologies.
- Won several international awards in Europe and abroad.
International Juror2003 - 2008Pirelli
- Participated in the Next Internet Award panel with Walter Bender, MIT Media Lab director.
- Served as part of an international jury panel that included Nobel Prize winners, top researchers, and business managers.
- Learned team play, evaluation of top-tier research projects, and innovations in several fields.