Verified Expert in Product Management
For the past ten years, Michael has worked as a product manager for startups and leading web portals. In his latest role, Michael set and executed the product strategy for online payments and subscription charge processing for the number two online flight vendor worldwide. He has a hands-on mindset and is passionate about sourcing actionable patterns from big data sets. He started his career in a startup where the product he built helped to facilitate the double-digit Mio.
Senior Product Manager (Payments)
- Defined the multi-year product roadmap for subscription charge processing, which significantly decreased involuntary churn. I operationally managed the charge processing up until one Mio member. The program now has over four Mio members.
- Identified several multi-million business opportunities in the payment sector in various categories. Especially in authentication issues, payment processing errors, and FX.
- Onboarded five new product managers to scale the business area.
- Managed refund processing during corona times, which completely changed the playing field in the travel industry due to the massive flight cancellations.
- Led a cross-functional team of eight people in development, data science, and design.
- Handled product management and business development of the new division "Parts" for the market-leading car classifieds platforms Otomoto (Poland), Standvirtual (Portugal), and Autovit (Romania).
- Managed stakeholders across three markets and translated business requirements into JIRA tickets.
- Groomed and prioritized the backlog.
- Conducted Scrum rituals (dailies, retros, plannings, etc.).
- Executed and analyzed A/B tests.
- Performed data analysis using Excel, Tableau, and Google Analytics.
- Prepared and conducted user interviews in Poland.
Product Manager/Senior Product Manager
- Conceptualized the UX and designed the UI for the web (desktop, tablet, mobile) and apps (iOS, Android) using Sketch, UXPin, and Adobe XD.
- Tested and optimized CHECK24's comparison portals (web, app).
- Conceptualized, implemented, and executed big data analysis using Pentaho Data Integration and Excel/Jedox.
- Sourced data and analyzed using Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics.
- Connected to an external Ratings API to increase the attractivity of the listed offers.
- Integrated an online travel agent into CHECK24's package and hotel comparison.
- Conceptualized and executed an automated cancellation API.
Product Manager/Director Operations Business Unit Smart Energy
- Conducted scrum sprints using Jira.
- Conceptualized, realized, and supervised print and app designs using Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision.
- Acquired B2B customers and cooperation partners as well as contract design.
- Provided independent recruitment marketing and application management for the business unit smart energy.
- Marketed the app for energy providers using the Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, and Instapage.
- Elaborated roadmaps, market analysis, and account costing using Microsoft Office.
- Contributed to strategic decisions of the executive board.
- Designed the UI of the entire web presence of a web service to switch energy provider contracts.
- Developed the front-end using HTML, CSS, PHP, and JS for the web service.
- Marketed online using Facebook business manager.
- Oversaw business development from the first stroke to the final release of the product.
Product Management of an Online Travel Agent at CHECK24
Integrated two comparison portals where the travel agent is regularly seen in top positions.
- Testing and optimization
- Product management
- Data analysis (Pentaho, Google Analytics)
- Connection of an external ratings API
- Creation of a new API
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems
Westphalian Wilhelms University & Technical University - Muenster & Ilmenau, Germany