Chief Executive Officer2019 - PRESENTVintage Technologies
- Secured a contract with a leading African EdTech platform to produce thousands of educational videos.
- Set up a production pipeline to produce dozens of videos every day.
- Recruited a team of 30+ top industry professionals to deliver high-quality video content, 10x faster than traditional production studios.
Product Management Consultant2021 - 2021Orange Basket LTD
- Performed tech research and comparison to select the optimum tech platform to build a grocery shopping eCommerce business for CPG items in North Africa.
- Performed time and cost estimation and created a product roadmap.
- Led the off-site development team in executing the development roadmap.
Project Management Consultant2021 - 2021A Fortune 100 Tools Manufacturing Business
- Worked with senior executives to build a project roadmap.
- Coordinated efforts across multiple teams to support the launch of new eCommerce properties: Business owners, content, marketing, development, and more.
- Performed a status information collection and rollups to present an accurate picture of the project regarding progress and P&L.
Head of Products2019 - 2020Technology Rivers
- Spearheaded as the product owner of an enterprise social network with an emphasis on learning and onboarding. Developed for iOS, Android, web, and desktop.
- Created a communications platform that involved audio/video calls and live streaming (including recording and transcriptions), as well as chat and news feed functionalities.
- Led the development of low, mid, and hi-fidelity wireframes and prototypes for the same.
- Oversaw a HIPAA compliant remote patient monitoring IoT solution.
Consultant for New Product Verticals2019 - 2019Bykea
- Crafted new lines of business (food and CPG grocery shopping) for a successful eCommerce shopping and delivery business with over two million users.
- Performed extensive competitive research, ranging from Western to Chinese apps, to craft a unique value proposition for Bykea, congruent to the unique socio-ethnic nuances of the Pakistan consumers.
- Led a team of experts to create lo, mid, and hi-fidelity wireframes and prototypes for the proposed food and grocery shopping workflows.
- Recruited a team of highly accomplished specialists in UXD, product psychology, and UI design.
Startup Mentor | Coach2018 - 2019National Incubation Center
- Coached a home tuition marketplace, a micro-tutoring/Q&A platform, an eCommerce platform with 1000s of daily customers, a footwear eCommerce brand (valued >$1 million), and an electromechanical VR motion platform that won the National Startup Cup.
- Collaborated with founders to develop go-to-market plans and growth strategies resulting in up to 100% month-over-month (MoM) growth.
- Helped founders raise capital (equity and/or grants) by crafting a masterful story for their business, creating a concise pitch deck, and the accompanying financial model.
- Assisted the founders in delivering a compelling pitch by leveraging the right tone, timbre, posture, positioning, and eye contact.
- Aided startups in the formulation of their product development and technology roadmap, including documenting the functional specifications to a level of granularity that enabled accurate time and cost estimations.
- Provided founders with counseling to maintain morale and team cohesion and cope with the immense pressure that comes with the startup life.
Consultant (Growth and Scaling)2018 - 2018IconBunny
- Designed and executed a Kickstarter campaign for a digital design eCommerce store built using Magento that raised $24,000.
- Performed exhaustive research of successful and failed crowdfunding campaigns to identify best practices and pitfalls to avoid.
- Surveyed hundreds of digital content creators to identify their needs, wants, pains and workflows to handcraft a unique value proposition to offer in the crowdfunding campaign.
- Leveraged the insights obtained by the user research to design optimal and easy-to-understand 'rewards' for backers.
- Created a project plan for the KickStarter campaign including the financial plan, marketing partnerships, content creation plan (including the video, graphic, and text elements that make up the campaign design), and executed it.
- Designed the post-campaign communications plan to timely communicate with the backers regarding project milestones and rewards delivery.
CEO2013 - 2018Touch'd
- Grew Touch'd, a Personal Relationship Manager (Social Network x CRM), from just an idea that had been germinating in my mind to the Google Play Store by raising over $100,000 in angel money, building a rock star team, and creating a world-class product.
- Secured a partnership with Google to promote Touch'd on various Google properties together.
- Oversaw the creative side, branding, UI, UX, gamification, product roadmap, recruiting, sprint planning, and the relationships between design, engineering, and marketing.
- Pitched the product to local and international pitch competitions and garnered international press coverage.
- Created a world-class team culture with a high development velocity while offering unlimited leaves, telecommuting, flexible timings and free snacks while maintaining the right degree of accountability for the team and mission.
- Selected as one of the top 50 startups globally (out of thousands) to join the FounderX investor roadshow in Silicon Valley.
Director2016 - 2017Founder Institute
- Empowered young founders coming into the program with vague ideas and knowing very little about entrepreneurship (usually with a full-time job), into becoming confident, highly focused leaders geared for success.
- Assisted the founders to distill a germ of an idea into a robust business model, complete with a concise (one-page) business plan and a crisp, clear, and sellable elevator pitch.
- Drilled the founders into upping their game by making them data-driven and accountable, and forcing them to either level up or quit.
- Helped founders deliver a compelling pitch by leveraging the right tone, timbre, posture, positioning and eye contact.
- Provided founders with counseling to cope with the immense pressure that comes with the startup life.
Manager, Geo-IT2006 - 2013LMKR
- Created two successful interactive 3D visualization products, a next-gen experiential learning simulation for oil and gas exploration used by Petronas University to train its graduate students, and a financial training simulator to train Halliburton executives.
- Acted as the product champion triumphing over the 'innovator's dilemma' (small product in a big company) by traveling around the world (from Houston, Texas to Saudi Arabia), acting as the product manager, business developer, sales lead and pricing specialist. Basically, I did everything in my power to make the product successful with very little material support from the company leadership.
- Recruited world-class teams for the two products, including a Ph.D. in real-time rendering, and a Fulbright scholar from Carnegie Mellon.
- Created a highly cohesive team culture with a development velocity that was off-the-charts, enabling us to develop the most advanced oil exploration simulator in the world, technically years ahead of our closest competitor. We created a startup culture that embodied the innovative spirit, years before these terms were hip.
- Oversaw the technical decision-making, creative side, branding, UI, UX, gamification, product roadmap, recruitment, sprint planning, and the relationships between design, engineering, and marketing.
- Aided the pioneering team working on the Gverse (https://www.lmkr.com/gverse) 3D visualization platform.
Head of Department2002 - 2006NESCOM (A National Public Sector Organization)
- Defined and documented the requirements for a large-scale information system for the Defense Department, a mission-critical C4I2SR system involving spatial RDBMS for defense assets, GIS, and real-time messaging on strat communications channels.
- Led the technology comparative analysis effort for the selection of an Enterprise Content Management System (ECMS), including the likes of IBM FileNet, Laserfiche, and Documentum.
- Supervised the execution of three tightly coupled sub-projects within the program, from requirements gathering, analysis, development, deployment to maintenance.
- Acted as the primary liaison between the development team and stakeholders from the strategic defense forces.
- Defined software quality assurance policies for the organization and tailored the IEEE/EIA 12207 standard and the Rational Unified Process to match the requirements of the organization and the project.
Senior Software Engineer2000 - 2002NetSol
- Developed the front-end UI based on user requirements for NFS, NetSol's (NASDAQ: NTWK) flagship finance and lease management product, used by customers in three continents.
- Led the effort to translate user requirements into software design for the Contract Management System (CMS), one of the core modules of the financial suite of applications.