Product Strategy and Innovation2021 - 2022Healthcare Startup (Toptal Client)
- Led the design and development of a new B2B product offering at a high-growth Series C fertility startup as part of a 100% remote team spanning multiple time zones.
- Worked directly with the Chief Technology Officer, SVP of Product, and other team members to define requirements and product strategy.
- Demonstrated product features and enhancements to clients and prospects.
Product Strategy and Innovation2020 - 2022Fortune 100 BioPharma
- Served as product owner for the development of a tool utilizing an AI/ML-based algorithm that assists cardiologists in identifying patients who may suffer from a rare and under-diagnosed disease.
- Promoted agile transformation and adopted agile development processes while facilitating traditional scrum ceremonies.
- Managed the design and development of a mobile application aimed at metastatic breast cancer patients from initial concept to developing the MVP.
Product Strategy and Innovation2020 - 2020Fortune 50 Health Insurer
- Managed the product strategy of a 12-member distributed team building a next-generation platform for one of the largest health insurers in the USA.
- Led the design and development of transparency tools to improve member experiences and reduce costs.
- Advised senior management on product strategy, innovation, and best practices related to agile product development.
Head of Product2015 - 2020MyMeds
- Led engineering, design, customer success, and clinical product teams from pre-revenue to millions in recurring revenue and multiple Fortune 500 employers and health plan clients. Managed up to 13 direct reports.
- Built and owned the three-month, one-year, and five-year product roadmaps—translating high-level business objectives into actionable product features focused on delighting users while capturing high-margin ROI.
- Developed new business models and product offerings to capture revenue from diversified sources while maintaining fixed costs and expanding the reach of our product.
- Played a lead role in all sales meetings to capture market insights, demo relevant features, and pitch new product offerings to assess market demand.
- Recruited and hired a division of co-located software engineers, from a VP of engineering to interns.
Co-founder | Chief Product Officer2015 - 2017North Labs
- Co-founded a digital strategy agency focused on helping non-technical founders launch digital MVPs by intelligently combining US-based product and design leadership with offshore software development.
- Built and vetted dozens of partnerships with offshore software development agencies to create a network of talented software engineers.
- Sold my ownership in the agency as it pivoted to become a market-leading AWS Advanced Partner consultancy.
Senior Product Manager2014 - 2015MyMeds
- Redesigned and relaunched the existing web and mobile products from a pre-revenue MVP to one that captured Fortune 500 clients within my first three months of employment.
- Researched the market and competition, interviewed hundreds of customers to craft compelling user experiences, shipped new features, and fixed bugs weekly.
- Built and managed a team of distributed software engineers (web and mobile), designers, and quality assurance experts spanning five time zones.
- Led the product team through due diligence for a series of financing rounds, pitching to angel investors and venture firms alike.
- Translated ideas into strategy and features, managing product development from start to finish.
- Developed an Agile development process from scratch, incorporating new tools and automation procedures that reduced the time to ship by 150%.
Product Implementation Manager2011 - 2014Epic
- Managed post-contract to launch product implementation of numerous $10+ million installs of Epic’s Willow Inpatient (pharmacy) application.
- Provided physicians, pharmacists, and c-suite executives with digital strategy and product recommendations regarding industry best practices while traveling (50-75%) to client hospitals throughout the USA.
- Owned and facilitated a biweekly meeting for 100+ Epic PMs to share new ideas, lessons learned, and best practice recommendations.
- Co-founded the Epic Analytics team to provide more evidence-based, data-driven best practice recommendations for the entire company.
- Recruited, screened, and assisted in hiring dozens of PMs as the company scaled from 2,000 to nearly 10,000 employees in under five years.