Senior Product Manager2019 - 2021Aurora Solar
- Rebuilt the core platform—authentication, global navigation, list of projects, project overview, and settings—using iterative, research-based, and user-centric methods.
- Made the business case to use Pendo for in-app messaging, guides, and surveys. Led a cross-org effort to roll out within one quarter.
- Identified product readiness milestones and mapped these to cohorts of customers for phased rollout.
- Sent data into Amplitude and insights out to product and go to market teams.
Head of Design2018 - 2019FalconX
- Headed brand and product design for blockchain based financial services platform backed by Lightspeed, Accel, and Flybridge.
- Hired and managed an agency to deliver brand, product, and marketing deliverables.
- Established user research methodology, design and prototyping tools, and agile processes.
- Contributed to business development, personas, marketing, content strategy, roadmap, and product strategy.
Product Consultant2018 - 2018
- Re-oriented the product team to achieve business goals for machine learning in recruiting.
- Researched insights to understand the root cause of low adoption.
- Headed feature definition, pain point mapping, user journey modeling, workshop facilitation, backlog creation, prototyping, and concept testing.
- Achieved KPIs including a 130% increase in claims within 30 days, 10X increase by EOY — exceeding the annual goal by 9%.
Consultant2017 - 2018Salesforce
- Enhanced the mobile experience for 3.5 million users of salesforce.com.
- Spearheaded cross-functional alignment on vision, opportunities, and tactics going from undefined to actionable in a single quarter. Mobile improvements made a “top 5” initiative for the year.
- Led mobile first paradigm shifts in content strategy, user experience, and architecture projected to achieve 25% of targeted growth ($500 million) for FY 2019.
- Discovered increasing trend in mobile prospects as well as new insights on mobile users, behaviors, and devices.
Senior Manager2016 - 2017Samsung Electronics America
- Led experience design and creative direction for Samsung Plus, Samsung’s most popular mobile app in the US market.
- Managed a UX team of eight, provided guidance for a 50 person team, negotiated contracts, maintained vendor relationships, and oversaw an annual budget of $800,000.
- Refocused Samsung S+ to provide world-class customer care, increasing user base from 12 to 20 million installs, 5 to 8 million monthly active users, and improving app rating from 3.7 to 4.2.
- Worked with executives in Seoul, Mountain View, New York, and Seattle on strategy and execution for special projects such as response to the Note7 crisis, expert text chat, and premium care.
Head of Design2016 - 2016Etops AG
- Developed the design definition for the company’s first cloud-based SaaS product, a B2B Swiss investment banking platform for professional wealth managers.
- Created the first detailed description of total features and functions.
- Prioritized benchmarks according to business and user needs to define the initial release.
- Led branding workshops to establish priorities and brand strategy; selected and managed an agency for creative services.
Principal UX Architect2014 - 2015Mobiquity
- Mentored and managed a creative team of ten at a growing agency to design iOS and Android apps and responsive web applications.
- Improved processes by aligning creative methods across 15 teams introducing user-centric, lean, and collaborative methods including prototypes, concept design, and usability testing.
- Focused on delivery and satisfaction; consistently delivered projects on time and budget, gaining repeat engagements with 100% client satisfaction.
- Represented the company for client engagements and in outreach activities, identifying new opportunities, drafting statements of work, design estimation, and resource allocation.
Senior UX Designer2013 - 2014NCC Group Domain Services
- Led planning meetings, created comps, wrote UI stories, and ensured build matched spec.
- Established a UCD process within an evolving startup culture, strategy, and tools for capturing client insights.
- Worked with marketing, sales, legal, and security teams to define and advance the brand, creating a consistent multi-channel experience.
Senior Interaction Designer2011 - 2012Blue Shield of California
- Served as the creative lead for projects including home page redesign and patient reviews.
- Defined the structure and behavior of interactive systems.
- Conceptualized and prototyped site maps and information flows, static and clickable wireframes, and detailed specifications.
- Directed offshore resources including work assignments, prototyping, and code reviews.
Founder2007 - 2012Your Custom Blog
- Founded a company providing boutique design and development services.
- Provided creative direction, project management, and hiring for teams of 5-15.
- Generated leads, closed deals, and maintained multi-year client relationships.
- Designed and developed 100+ custom themes, establishing #1 page rank for “WordPress Consultant."