CTO2020 - 2020App Startup
- Took over failing project from previous developer.
- Worked with the founder to streamline existing functionality and improve UX.
- Onboarded new Unity developer with experience in VR/AR platforms.
- Helped the founder focus app functionality on key areas for MVP.
CTO2019 - 2020SAAS Startup
- Worked with the founder to translate basic vision into an actionable backlog, ready for development.
- Managed development team from conception to v1 release.
- Coordinated smooth transition of the project from original developers to in-house developers.
- Worked with the founder to prioritize features and other enhancements for the release of v2.
- Worked with the developer on publication of Chrome Extension for use with SAAS platform.
Product Owner2018 - 2020Hyatt Hotels
- Worked with operations at two client organizations, Hyatt Hotels, and their subsidiary Exhale Spa, to develop detailed requirements for the integration.
- Assembled team of Toptal developers and QA to build the integration and associated website on a tight schedule for launch.
- Worked with the client and a Toptal designer to build out the desired UI for consumer use when connecting accounts and redeem points for spa services.
- Worked closely with a third outside entity, MindBody Online, on their API and associated issues.
- Handled maintenance and ongoing minor enhancements as needed.
Product Manager2019 - 2019Boutique Fitness Chain
- Worked with the client on specific requirements and data elements to extract from ERP. The client wanted to build data warehouse from a cloud-based ERP system, and push user data into HubSpot.
- Determined best approach for HubSpot integration.
- Worked with client on detailed business rules, ensuring data integrity throughout data flow.
- Selected and managed developer to build integration.
- Implemented enhancements to BI logic, in support of Tableau implementation.
CTO / Product Owner2017 - 2019Insurance Broker
- Guided the Toptal client from initial concept to a web-based application handling their mission-critical functions from customer enrollment through to invoicing.
- Opened the project with in-depth discussions on requirements, created a detailed backlog, and presented project proposal for time, budget, and scope.
- Coordinated closely with each team member to build the envisioned product according to specifications and within tight delivery deadlines.
- Worked with the client to ensure that the highly complex set of business requirements were implemented in an optimal fashion and within expectations.
- Collaborated with third parties, including ADP Payroll, to implement data integration functions as needed for the system.
- Selected and on-boarded Toptal team, including designer, developers, and QA.
Product Owner2018 - 2018Multi-Dwelling Real Estate Developer
- Researched market for Smart Home devices, such as Alexa and Google Home, to generate user stories for an integrated residence by a futuristic property developer.
- Developed detailed specification for the product, incorporating custom voice interface and IoT control.
- Worked with the designer to create complex, cross-platform UX/UI framework.
- Conducted a build-vs-buy analysis of third party voice interaction platforms as part of business strategy proposal.
Product Owner2017 - 2018Major Insurance Services Company
- Guided the client from concept to a web-based application that imports data files from a number of client customers, emails a survey to the appropriate people based on complex and customizable criteria, records responses, and manages business workflow based on customizable response criteria.
- Kicked off the project with an in-depth process of business analysis, story-writing, and backlog building to define scope.
- Worked closely with client executives to build an agreed upon project plan and budget, based on 250+ stories in backlog.
- Coordinated with the client as product requirements evolved, ensuring maximum agility during product development while avoiding unnecessary rework.
- Selected and on-boarded the Toptal team, including designer, developers, and QA.
- Worked closely with each team member to build the client's product according to specification and changing circumstances.
- Managed the development of a data warehouse layer that exported into the Qlik BI platform.
Product Owner2016 - 2017Global Pharmaceutical Company
- Managed a team of developers and QA engineers building an internal web-based business application.
- Led Agile development processes with weekly sprints and daily stand-ups.
- Handled the transformation of user requests into actionable, implementation-ready JIRA stories within a highly specialized scientific domain.
- Managed the implementation of formal QA processes.
- Supported the resolution of issues raised by PostgreSQL database over one terabyte.
Technical Product Manager2015 - 2016Insight Notes
- Joined a small team as the first product manager, formalizing the role and coordinating product releases.
- Introduced a structured process for version management.
- Functioned as lead QA Engineer, working closely with the developers on enhancements and bug fixes.
- Handled HIPAA-compliant server setup and configuration for both live and dev environments.
CTO2013 - 2016NoteStream
- Managed the product development from concept to delivery.
- Worked with sales to determine most attractive prospects for next product version.
- Led agile implementation team to deliver required feature sets quickly and within budget.
VP, Strategy2005 - 2013Sage Group plc
- Spearheaded the development of a global strategy for Sage Group plc, an FTSE-100 company.
- Worked with global business units on country-specific and group-specific strategy, refining growth patterns and projections for maximum shareholder benefit.
- Formalized a portfolio management model for the organization's extensive range of individual businesses, supporting both individual brands and the corporate entity.
- Reviewed global mergers and acquisitions.
- Reported directly to the Board of Directors.
Senior Director, Product Management2000 - 2005Sage Group plc
- Negotiated with engineering teams to establish project scope and timelines.
- Prioritized features and ROI to align sales and marketing objectives with engineering schedules.
- Facilitated senior executive decision-making regarding product release cycle and resource allocations.
- Represented sales and marketing in engineering design discussions.
- Led the transition of products from on premise to SAAS, coordinating with development on technology, sales and marketing on messaging, and operations on pricing and internal systems.
Product Marketing Manager1994 - 1999Sage Group plc
- Worked with sales to develop key messages and sales support documents.
- Participated in sales calls with customers to handle questions regarding product roadmap and priorities.
- Led the rollout of marketing programs and lead generation activities.
- Handled all competitive research, writing analysis of each competitor with strengths vs weakenesses.
- Liaised with engineering to champion technological impact on product strategy and marketing.