Technical Product Manager | Big Data2020 - 2020Robert Bosch SRL
- Managed the Jaguar/Land Rover data pipeline deployment.
- Led the CNHi data pipeline deployment, a big data project.
- Created the following pipeline components using the addressed technologies: ingestion (OpenDXM/GlobalX, Python), conversion (Hadoop HDFS), project space in HDFS (Oozie): parquetizer/customizer (Apache Spark), and customer layer (Tableau).
Feature Product Manager2019 - 2019JP Morgan Chase Bank
- Managed integration with Bridger including onboarding and regular/ongoing sanctions screening.
- Headed firm-wide implementation of Mantas and Feedzai (anti-money laundering and terrorism financing).
- Handled firm-wide Integration with Fircosoft (payment transactions screening), fraud and risk warehouse, and SAP general ledger.
Product Manager (PaaS)2016 - 2018Sage Intacct
- Collaborated with CTO and Product leadership on the business vision for the Sage Intacct Platform as a Service (PaaS) and ensured it aligns with the overall product strategy.
- Integrated American Express payments in the Sage Intacct Product.
- Built the Interactive Custom Report Writer based on Oracle OBIEE.
Project Manager2011 - 2015iQuest Group
- Managed multiple cross-team projects/accounts in the Telco and SharePoint areas (of iQuest) including Mobile Ink for Sicap, continuous control monitoring for KPMG, a product knowledge base for Roche, and a Semantic web company for the Austrian Ministry of Finance.
Product Manager2008 - 2011Betfair Ltd., London, UK/TSE Development Romania
- Increased the Exchange Games Portfolio offering by 33% through the introduction of two new games: the Card Derby Racing (CDR) and the Exchange Bull’s Eye Roulette (XBR).
- Increased Betfair’s annual profit by 200,000 GBP (additional revenue coming from CDR and XBR).
- Worked on incremental releases of Arcade packages (provided by OpenBet).
- Worked on the integration of Skill&Dice and Backgammon (Jadestone) games on Betfair’s web site.
- Involved in the QuickPlay (minigames) and Poker Sahara projects.
- Worked with P&L Holders to understand the business drivers, develop a product strategy and agree to the product roadmap. The key relationships beyond the team included business sponsors, stakeholders (including risk, legal, and corporate social responsibility), engineering (development, QA and PMO/project management), user experience, content management, reporting, IS and operations.
- Defined product requirements, user stories, and specifications.
- Conducted and signed-off User Acceptance Testing of the delivered products.
- Worked with customer insight, business analysis, user experience, development, QA, marketing, pricing, and operations teams to ensure smooth market introduction.
- Worked as part of a product-focused team composed of product managers, business analysts, and program managers.
CEO & President2005 - 2008RTD Consulting Group, Inc. – USA
- Business process re-engineered the PZAZ underwriter application used at Prairie State, a newly acquired branch of Markel Corporation (the underwriting insurance industry).
- Provided IT consulting services to America’s first national, physician-owned medical malpractice carrier, The Doctors Company. Constructed the new Self Insured Retention/Deductibles module within the claims client/server application. Delivered PL/SQL scripts to apply data fixes to the production databases.
- Provided expertise to one of the nation's largest specialty pharmacy services companies, CuraScript Pharmacy, Inc. Redesigned and architectured the new TurboCap client/server product. Major enhancements helped my client save several hundred thousand dollars per month!
- Delivered the ScriptMed/Therapeutic Center Protocol project and the Medicare prescription drug benefit initiative project for MEDCO Health Solutions Inc., a major pharmacy benefit company located in Franklin Lakes, NJ.
Vice-President of Research & Development2004 - 20052020 IT Solutions Corp. - Canada
- Led the technology team through the creation of the HyperVision project (a web-based back office solution for the fast food industry).
Sr. Consultant2003 - 2004BEZ Systems, Inc. - Chicago, USA
- Designed and built the new DBA Adviser, a unique prediction feature in the suite of BezPlus v5.7 products, introduced for the first time in the field of Strategic Performance Management Solutions.
Project Manager/Software Architect2002 - 2002Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. – USA
- Business process re-engineered and architectured multiple n-tier client/server and web based systems, containing 11 desktop applications, 7 server applications and 4 web interfaces, with a presence in 8 international regions and 5 domestic locations in the USA.
Sr. Project Leader1997 - 2001Dunn Solutions Group, Inc. - USA
- Led team over a full life cycle software development of a B2C eCommerce website for an audio/visual company, providing the ability to sell from their catalog online. Monitored budget allocation, project staffing, and timelines.
- Implemented web page personalization features and integrated a specialized external content creation system on a Chicago Radio Station web site. Led effort for elaboration, construction, and transition.
- Developed a B2B eCommerce website (auto parts reseller). Integrated catalog component and auction component.
- Converted main C/S lease tracking system of a major international bank.
- Developed compensation system for year-end bonus for 70,000 employees of a major telecom company.
- Customized and improved an existing client/server system of a major car manufacturing company.
Sr Systems Developer - Systems Development, Operations & Technology, P&C Banking1995 - 1997Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce - Toronto, Canada
- Re-engineered the business process for a Portfolio Management Database system (PMDB). Rewrote PMDB using RAD and new technologies to accommodate advancing business needs and Y2K compliance.
- Provided planning estimates, identified user requirements and business needs, determined optimal solution, participated in requirements, analysis, design, testing and implementation, and ensured quality deliverables.
- Implemented the PMDB system for the Mid-Market Credit Risk Department in West Indies (Jamaica, Barbados, Bahamas) and Ontario Credit.
Senior Programmer Analyst/Developer (Contractor)1994 - 1995Becker's Milk Company Limited - Scarborough, Canada
- Analyzed, designed, coded, tested, and implemented an inquiry reporting system used at VP level.
Associate Professor1991 - 1994Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Instructed courses and seminars on databases, programming languages, and object-oriented design.