Co-Founder, COO, and Product Owner2014 - 2019Mobilize Solutions
- Acted as a key company leader and executor from an investor-funded valuation of $500,000 to $20 million.
- Led co-located product development team including all platform areas (external product, internal tools, content algorithm, etc.). The product has been used by hundreds of thousands of users and is launching on 3+ million devices for a major cellular network in November of 2019.
- Created content development workflow, tools, and processes (world-wide, dynamic, location-specific) resulting in 500+ million location-based content created.
- Presented at Samsung Partner Day in 2018 to the corporate executive team from Korea. This opportunity is only offered to 6 of Samsung's many partners each year.
- Defined content presentation algorithm and lead UI design strategy based on customer research and metrics.
User Experience Strategist2011 - 2014Useagility
- Led user experience strategy and design with cross-functional teams with a cumulative reach of 500+ million users and $200+ million in software development efforts.
- Utilized skillset to conduct the following activities in projects for our clients: stakeholder interviews, user research planning, user screening and recruitment, contextual inquiry, user observation, focus groups, card sorting, tree testing, user experience strategy, analysis of site analytics, storyboards, personas, journey maps, concept testing, usability testing, expert usability reviews, prototyping, style guides, user interface design, interaction design, proposal writing, maintaining client relationships, and new business development.
- Worked in many business models including B2B, B2C, and B2B2C and modalities such as web, application, mobile web, mobile application, and enterprise.
Director of IT, User Experience2009 - 2010H&R Block
- Successfully expanded, put process around, and created buy-in of user experience methodologies as a discipline throughout the technology lifecycle for a number of internal systems impacting a $2 billion retail infrastructure.
- Led the user interface redesign from qualitative and quantitative research to feasibility, to design, to executive review iterations, through the implementation of H&R Block's re-branded online and software tax products which were a $300 million consumer application.
- Oversaw $2 million internal user-experience budget plus vendor spending based on business unit allocations.
Senior Product Manager and Product Manager2002 - 2009H&R Block
- Acted as the product owner for client-facing product experience of H&R Block Office tax professionals to client online interactive services.
- Served as the product owner for first and second year delivery of a technically cutting-edge, emotionally-centered designed, digital tax product.
- Oversaw the planning and management of product initiatives related to improving the client experience, enhancing current products and developing new products/features to meet unmet client needs. Identified and pursued new product opportunities to support the overall digital business strategy.
- Provided matrix-team leadership across more than 10 functional groups.
- Cultivated a network of community partners in 17 different communities.