Product Management Consultant, Owner2018 - PRESENTSUPERNATURAL SOFTWARE
- Revitalized a hardware product line at a public company over the course of one year. Identified a key management gap and hired a new chief engineering architect to review multiple product lines. Discovered weaknesses in the commercialization of the product line, built a custom reporting system for KPIs, developed a new sales process and made the first sales hire. The project also included the planning and migration of disparate services into a cloud-based architecture. The business unit showed demonstrable improvement in LTV and has been given an additional product line to run as a result.
- Turned around the management of a mobile payment startup spun out of an existing company. Narrowed the focus to ensure product completion and designed the go-to-market sequence. Currently in the third round of beta testing with excellent metrics. One year.
- Led a team consisting of an engineer and designer to develop a pitch deck for a mid-sized company moving into software services. Dove deep into the customer journey and value proposition to clarify the narrative pre-MVP investment. 3 weeks.
- Worked with CTO of a Bay-Area start-up to develop first set of KPI metrics. Resulted in a stat system that is being used company-wide to communicate performance and goals.
Senior Product Manager2017 - 2018FOCUSVISION
- Managed the qualitative of the business including the product line for running focus groups in over 1,400 research facilities.
- Developed a WebRTC-based conferencing product from concept to MVP to initial sales. The team closed a Fortune 500 account one year from start.
- Devised and enacted a strategy to set losses from one product line while accelerating growth in another. Entailed complexity managing across operations, sales, and product within a business unit of over 100 employees.
- Reported to the CEO as part of the executive team. Held P&L ownership. Attended board meetings to represent product line.
Senior Product Manager2015 - 2017GLU MOBILE
- Oversaw all revenue features at Portland mobile game studio: in-app purchasing, advertising, rewarded offers, stats, etc.
- Created and executed a rollout strategy, marketing and user acquisition for Glu's Ultimate Chef game.
- Introduced a new software development process adjusted to game development.
- Authored strategy pieces for Glu corporate on pricing celebrity game contracts and the impact of TV on mobile.
Senior Product Manager, Native Advertising2014 - 2015PANDORA
- Restarted a legacy product line by instilling a new metrics system to track revenue and product KPI’s. Based on early insights, convinced executive management to pivot roadmap in order to pursue overlooked revenue demand.
- Folded three overlapping internal content toolsets into one, reducing engineering overhead and doubling product velocity.
- Oversaw an analytics team and data pipeline for a large-scale internal reporting effort. New analytics system was then used across ad, sales and music teams at Pandora.
- Managed the launch of Promoted Stations, Pandora’s first cost-per-engagement mobile and Web ad unit. Sample clients included Toyota, Taco Bell, and Sonos.
Senior Product Manager, Measure2011 - 2014QUANTCAST
- Drove new sales and marketing strategy to grow product market share by 32% to own nearly half of top 1,000 Web properties. Grew Quantcast.com site traffic by 150% monthly uniques.
- Expanded Quantcast site Mobile Web measurement. Attracted top Web tablet developers Onswipe and Mobify.
- Built out iOS/Android app measurement including a Quantcast SDK and report offering. Client list includes Tumblr, Buzzfeed, and Salon. Resulted in massive SDK device footprint within the first year.
- Launched the Quantcast traffic API product that major customers now use to mine their analytics data.
- Filed two mobile-related patents on behalf of Quantcast, one of which was granted: US Patent 8,965,336, titled “Quantifying Mobility of Entities via a Privacy Preserving Mobility Metric."
Product Strategy Consultant2008 - 2011SM RESEARCH
- Operated a consulting practice specializing in product development and growth strategies for consumer software startups.
- Managed eleven clients in social media, gaming, and mobile. Sample clients: Dango, Fancharge, Mapulous, and Zynga.
- Developed product strategies for four mobile products, including Android, iPhone app and SMS offerings.
- Managed release of Battle Defenders that hit 160,000+ MAUs, becoming a top 300 game on Facebook at the time.
Product Manager, Mobile2005 - 2006OBERON MEDIA
- Served as a product manager at Oberon Media, one of the largest distributors of downloadable mobile and online "casual" video games in the world.
Director of Product Development2001 - 2004MOWAVE (Japan)
- Led product management for JVC-supplied ringtone and games storefront; Maxim Mobile deployed in multiple markets; Corbis Japan; and Time LIFE Pix Japan implementations. Products drove over $10 million in annual revenues.
Associate2000 - 2001INCUBASIA (Hong Kong)
- Acted as general manager to portfolio companies at a Hong Kong and Silicon Valley venture capital firm. Managed hiring, product roadmaps, and corporate governance issues.
- Launched ICQ-compatible wireless messenger, Black Octopus; Tencent QQ competitor. Structured first carrier deal and marketing launch with Sunday Telecommunication, HK carrier, achieving 100,000 text messages in first 10 days.
Director of Business Development, Strategic Relationships1999 - 2000MJUICE/ARTISTDIRECT
- Packaged Mjuice’s deals to make the company a successful acquisition for LA-based ARTISTdirect (5th largest music property; ComScore Media Metrix, March 2009). (ARTISTdirect acquired Mjuice).
Business Development Manager1996 - 1999WIRED DIGITAL/LYCOS
- Drafted Lycos Network music strategy, including the $38 million acquisition of MediaScience (Sonique).
- Closed revenue-generating deals, with larger deals in US $1-7 million range.
- Built marketing program that grew Wired News subscriber base from 60,000 to 1.5+ million subscribers and 4x revenues.