Startup Mentor | Coach2012 - PRESENTStartup Bootcamp
- Product-managed startups.
- Advised on processes, infrastructure, and SaaS setups.
- Held workshops on the use of SaaS-based tools.
- Connected startups with industry-specific networks.
Founder | Managing Partner2011 - PRESENTDSP-Partners
- Consulted on business and technology issues working at the intersection of business and technology with startups and large enterprises.
- Worked on digital strategy and business models, digital transformation, product management, business cases, digital marketing, process management, enterprise architecture, and the implementation of SaaS tools.
- Focused on the following industries: telecommunications, energy, travel, banking, digital, publishing, advertising, and startups.
- Developed software products (apps, cloud services).
- Studied and published digital transformations.
Member2003 - PRESENTInteractive Media CCSP AG
- Worked on the supervisory board.
- Handled the post-merger integration into T-Online AG.
Vice President Product Management Digital Services2009 - 2011Deutsche Telekom AG
- Oversaw and handled international product management with a team of 100+ persons.
- Managed the go-to-market strategy for the mass-market digital services.
- Handled a range of products: digital customer self-care, email, online storage, security software, iOS and Android apps, smart home, paid content, and subscriptions.
Supervisory Board2003 - 2011atrada AG
- Acted as the chairman of the supervisory board.
- Transformed a B2C marketplace to a B2B software development and systems integration environment.
Member of the Supervisory Board of Swoodoo2008 - 2010Kayak (formerly Swoodoo AG)
- Occupied the role of deputy chairman and fulfilled the corresponding duties.
- Managed the exit to Kayak.
Supervisory Board2007 - 2010T-Online at GesmbH
- Worked as a member of the supervisory board.
Supervisory Board2007 - 2010Scout24 Holding GmbH
- Worked as a member of the supervisory board and fulfilled the corresponding duties.
Vice President Business Development and Partnering2007 - 2009Deutsche Telekom AG
- Worked on business development, fostering partnerships, and managed the portfolio of Deutsche Telekom’s Internet Assets.
- Partnered with startups and digital players like Google.
- Managed the portfolios of companies like Scout24 (the largest provider of European classifieds) and Bild.T-Online (a German content portal).
Senior Vice President Strategy2005 - 2007T-Online International AG
- Oversaw the strategy, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and subsidiary management.
- Developed and implemented strategies.
- Performed subsidiary management and control, corporate governance, M&A, and post-merger integration.
Senior Manager of Subsidiary Management2001 - 2005T-Online International AG
- Managed subsidiaries with a focus on strategy and performance management, corporate governance, organization, and personnel.
Senior Account Manager.1999 - 2001Crealogix AG (formerly abaXX Technology AG)
- Oversaw and was responsible for direct sales to corporate accounts (key account management).
- Managed and was in charge of international partner management (IBM, CSC).
- Performed pre-sales consultations.
Senior Consultant1996 - 1999Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
- Focused mainly on strategy, M&A, restructuring, and organizational design.
- Specialized in engineered products and automotive industries.
- Promoted to a junior consultant to a consultant and finally to a senior consultant position within two years.
Lecturer1995 - 1996University of Berne
- Developed two-semester courses for MBA students on innovation technology and investment management.
- Taught courses to MBA students (over 100 participants).
- Supported and evaluated MBA students' theses.