Stefan is a product manager and strategist with more than 20 years of experience and a background in electrical engineering and business. He’s occupied management roles in product development, corporate strategy, operations, and consultation for Fortune 500s and startups alike. Stefan has successfully worked in various industries such as telecoms, enterprise software, energy, banking, industrial products, travel, and media/advertising.
ExpertiseBusiness ModelsJiraManagement ConsultingProduct ManagementSoftware as a Service (SaaS)StrategyTeam ManagementTelecommunications
Startup Mentor | Coach
- Product-managed startups.
- Advised on processes, infrastructure, and SaaS setups.
- Held workshops on the use of SaaS-based tools.
- Connected startups with industry-specific networks.
Founder | Managing Partner
- Consulted on business and technology issues working at the intersection of business and technology with startups and large enterprises.
- Worked on digital strategy and business models, digital transformation, product management, business cases, digital marketing, process management, enterprise architecture, and the implementation of SaaS tools.
- Focused on the following industries: telecommunications, energy, travel, banking, digital, publishing, advertising, and startups.
- Developed software products (apps, cloud services).
- Studied and published digital transformations.
Interactive Media CCSP AG
- Worked on the supervisory board.
- Handled the post-merger integration into T-Online AG.
Vice President Product Management Digital Services
Deutsche Telekom AG
- Oversaw and handled international product management with a team of 100+ persons.
- Managed the go-to-market strategy for the mass-market digital services.
- Handled a range of products: digital customer self-care, email, online storage, security software, iOS and Android apps, smart home, paid content, and subscriptions.
- Acted as the chairman of the supervisory board.
- Transformed a B2C marketplace to a B2B software development and systems integration environment.
Member of the Supervisory Board of Swoodoo
Kayak (formerly Swoodoo AG)
- Occupied the role of deputy chairman and fulfilled the corresponding duties.
- Managed the exit to Kayak.
T-Online at GesmbH
- Worked as a member of the supervisory board.
Scout24 Holding GmbH
- Worked as a member of the supervisory board and fulfilled the corresponding duties.
Vice President Business Development and Partnering
Deutsche Telekom AG
- Worked on business development, fostering partnerships, and managed the portfolio of Deutsche Telekom’s Internet Assets.
- Partnered with startups and digital players like Google.
- Managed the portfolios of companies like Scout24 (the largest provider of European classifieds) and Bild.T-Online (a German content portal).
Senior Vice President Strategy
T-Online International AG
- Oversaw the strategy, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and subsidiary management.
- Developed and implemented strategies.
- Performed subsidiary management and control, corporate governance, M&A, and post-merger integration.
Senior Manager of Subsidiary Management
T-Online International AG
- Managed subsidiaries with a focus on strategy and performance management, corporate governance, organization, and personnel.
Senior Account Manager.
Crealogix AG (formerly abaXX Technology AG)
- Oversaw and was responsible for direct sales to corporate accounts (key account management).
- Managed and was in charge of international partner management (IBM, CSC).
- Performed pre-sales consultations.
Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
- Focused mainly on strategy, M&A, restructuring, and organizational design.
- Specialized in engineered products and automotive industries.
- Promoted to a junior consultant to a consultant and finally to a senior consultant position within two years.
University of Berne
- Developed two-semester courses for MBA students on innovation technology and investment management.
- Taught courses to MBA students (over 100 participants).
- Supported and evaluated MBA students' theses.
Calls2Do | iOS App for Call Management
Created the product concept, hired offshore developers (Vietnam, Ukraine, India) and successfully launched to the App Store.
Pics2Phone | iOS App to Download Photos from Dropbox
Developed the product concept, hired offshore developers, and successfully launched to the App Store.
vicarda | Cloud Service to Create vCards from Email Signatures
Developed the product concept, hired offshore developers (Vietnam), and successfully launched the SaaS service.
Studies in Business Administration
Technical University of Dresden - Dresden, Germany
A Master's Thesis in Electrical Engineering and Software
Nagoya University - Nagoya, Japan
Master's Degree (Diplom-Ingenieur) in Electrical Engineering and Business Administration
Technical University of Darmstadt - Darmstadt, Germany
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Certified Scrum Master