Chief Technology Officer2017 - 2019Sympatica
- Researched the digital health market and identified product features for our tech platform for the lifestyle management of chronic diseases.
- Ideated product UX and design in collaboration with the CTO and designers.
- Set up and managed a remote team of 15 developers from India, Vietnam, and Singapore.
- Ideated solution architecture, database design, and component design.
- Launched the product over 9 months.
- Scaled the platform to manage thousands of patients.
Chief Executive Officer2004 - 2017CyberMed Solutions
- Relocated to Auroville, an eco-village in South India in 2004.
- Co-founded Auroville Institute for Integral Health for the integration of western medicine with complementary therapies.
- Developed and launched multiple products including patient engagement (CRM), electronic medical records, eCommerce, and online publishing.
Senior Vice President, Healthcare Division2000 - 2003Eutech Cybernetics, Singapore
- Managed the budget ($3 million USD/year), strategic planning, product, sales and marketing, recruitment, and divisional performance.
- Sold and implemented HIPAA compliant Copernicus HIS at one hospital in the USA.
- Established an offshore development center in Chennai, India with 30 developers for faster development at reasonable costs.
- Remotely coordinated divisional activities across teams in Singapore, Malaysia, India, and the USA.
- Steered healthcare division to a positive cash flow and gross profit.
Vice President, Healthcare Division1997 - 2000Eutech Cybernetics, Singapore
- Joined Eutech as vice president, products, healthcare division after Eutech’s purchase of Consultant+ from CyberMed Solutions for $200,000 USD.
- Developed Copernicus Hospital Information System (HIS) over 9 months with a team of 12 developers with a budget of $1 million USD. Played roles of product manager, team lead, and lead developer.
- Sold and implemented Copernicus HIS at Subang Jaya Medical Center (SJMC), Malaysia. SJMC is the premier private hospital in Malaysia with 1,000+ OPD visits a day and 400+ inpatient beds. Project size was $700,000+ USD and the product went "live" in 1998.
- Sold and implemented Copernicus HIS at five other large hospitals in Malaysia and Singapore for a total revenue of $2+ million USD in the next 2 years.
Chief Executive Officer1994 - 1997CyberMed Solutions, India
- Established CyberMed Solutions in 1994 for developing software solutions for healthcare and other domains.
- Developed and deployed Consultant+, a MS Access based solution in small nursing homes in Bangalore, India in 1996.
- Sold IP rights for Consultant+ to Eutech Cybernetics, Singapore in 1997.
General Surgical Practice1986 - 1996Various Hospitals, India
- Completed surgical residency in Delhi.
- Practiced as a surgical consultant at hospitals in Bangalore, India.