Senior Manger of Product Management (Level 7 People Manager)2012 - 2019Amazon
- Delivered consumer, seller, and delivery agent-facing products on desktop and mobile. Scaled the product from four pin codes in one city to 300 in four cities, a 300X order scale-up, and a 3X team expansion. (Prime Now, Hyperlocal eCommerce).
- Conceptualized and launched two pilots that proved the technical and business feasibility of Amazon Custom. Proved the platform could be a $1 billion+ business. Raised $1.8 million internal funding for scaling the same. Live in the US and Europe.
- Led the India GTM team for the launch of three Echo devices and the Alexa platform. Devised and executed GTM strategy across product readiness, pricing, distribution, mass marketing, partnerships, public relations, and customer engagement.
- Launched two new benefits for Prime in India–Prime Reading and Amazon Pay Credit Card Rewards. Partnered with leadership, corporate development, and external partners for identifying global strategic build/partner/invest or buy opportunities.
- Acted as the global subject matter expert for the product management talent assessment. Part of 200+ interview loops. Speaker for Amazon India B-School campus hiring engagements.
- Received the Amazon Inventor Award for filing three patents in the mobile commerce and product search space.
- Rated as a Top Tier Employee (outstanding performance) for two consecutive years (2015-16). The employee rating system was discontinued post-2016.
Product Manager2008 - 2011Yahoo!
- Launched two global search features in India (auto complete and quick links).
- Conducted an eight-city market research to gather customer insights for local searches in India.
- Launched six new custom monetization initiatives that engaged 2.5 million+ customers in India. These included: Yahoo! India Real Beauty (a women-centric website developed in partnership with Unilever), and a finance website-Yahoo! India Budget.
- Developed self-service publishing widgets for editors that reduced the production time of custom monetization solutions from for weeks+ to 0.5 weeks.
Product Manager of New Businesses2006 - 2008TImes Internet
- Conceptualized and launched Indiatimes Auto B2B and B2C Car Auctions (Zigwheels.com) and Indiatimes Art.
- Handled key ROI-centric online marketing initiatives (SEM, SEO, affiliate marketing, and analytics) as well as offline print campaigns and on-ground activations for financial services and shopping.
- Proposed and drove adoption of Google Analytics throughout the organization to promote faster data-driven decision making throughout the organization.
- Recognized for outstanding contribution to the financial services vertical at Indiatimes: Co-brand credit cards, automobiles, online shopping, and fine art.
Customer Relationship Officer2004 - 2005Citibank
- Managed banking relationships for Citibank priority retail banking customers.
- Sold asset and liability products: Savings accounts, current accounts, credit cards, loans, mutual funds, unit-linked insurance plans, and bonds, to name a few.
- Managed investment portfolios of up to INR 5 million.
Customer Relationship Officer2003 - 2004HSBC
- Managed relationships for HSBC PowerVantage (priority retail banking).
- Oversaw the day-to-day branch banking operations, including the vaults, help desk, and walk-in customer service.
- Sold banking asset and liability products such as bank accounts, credit cards, loans, mutual funds, insurance.