Program Manager2019 - PRESENTMicrosoft
- Worked with product executives to develop quarterly roadmaps and key results.
- Managed a set of services that enable multiple products to enhance user experience and drive revenue growth.
- Improved performance for key features by up to 50%.
Product and Engineering Lead2017 - 2019Sharebite
- Led the product and technology for an early-stage food tech startup.
- Managed six products across multiple platforms (web, Android, iOS) and infrastructure on AWS.
- Spearheaded the redesign and development for internal tools and a tablet app for restaurants to improve the customer experience, order management, and reduce customer service issues by 60%.
- Managed a web app and corporate portal, developed product roadmaps, shipped 12 features and a complete redesign of the product to improve the user experience.
- Improved API performance by 90-99%, Appdex from (0.3 to 1.0) and made performance top priority for engineers by implementing strict benchmarks and adding performance management tools.
- Implemented analytics and made decision-making data driven across multiple teams.
- Worked with the management team on overall strategy, product roadmap, business development and client onboarding.
- Helped with customer-facing roles such as business development and managed enterprise client onboarding.
- Recruited and led an engineering team of five in the US to bring all of the engineering in-house. Led two teams of ten engineers overseas during this transition.
Product Manager | Software Engineer2015 - 2017Patari
- Joined as employee #7 and did everything an early-stage, unfunded startup requires.
- Managed an internal CMS, shipped a product and three features, and worked with multiple teams on a product roadmap.
- Developed an artist panel and revenue dashboard for artists to view content performance and earnings.
- Launched Patari Cheetay, a marketing effort aimed at high school and college students to become brand ambassadors.
- Developed a dashboard for users (Cheetay) to submit activity reports and view leaderboard. Increased user base by 10% with $0 spent.
- Redesigned and improved search accuracy to reduce the bounce rate by 30%.
- Worked with the CEO on overall strategy, product roadmap, improvements and mobile.app redesign based on user feedback (online and offline).
- Wrote weekly newsletter (sent to 30,000 users), helped with design, marketing, sales and event management.
Product and Technology Lead2014 - 2015Markhor
- Joined as employee #4. Managed operations, sales and marketing in US, moved to Lahore office in 2015 and managed everything except footwear design (product, sales, marketing, supply chain, customer experience, day-to-day operations).
- Increased monthly sales by 10x in 6 months.
- Reduced customer issue resolution time from more than 30 days to less than 2 days.
- Reduced supply chain inefficiencies and formed new partnerships with vendors to improve raw material availability to reduce customer wait times from 60 days to 14 days.
- Helped with the Kickstarter campaign. Completed goal in less than 24 hours, raised ~$107,000. Campaign covered by Seth Godin, Fast Company among others.
- Improved entire customer experience – starting from how they discover the brand offline, interact with the website and experience with the brand after placing the order and after receiving the product.
Application Developer2013 - 2015Oracle
- Worked as a member of the North America Shared Services team that enabled Oracle North American Sales organization with development resources as needed.
- Created web and iOS apps, with an average project completion time of four weeks.
- Developed proof-of-concepts web and mobile apps (human capital management, supply chain management) for Oracle development and external customers. Stack: Swift (iOS), mobile application framework (MAF), application development framework (ADF), Oracle Cloud, database cloud.
- Created customer-facing guided workshops for the sales organization for cloud application technology.
- Collaborated with user experience (Oracle UX) group in developing, deploying and testing Fusion UI to legacy applications.
- Participated in product hackathons to explore product extensibility ideas and integration possibilities (e.g., Bluetooth Beacons in warehouses).