Director of Product Management2017 - 2020Comcast
- Directed broadband, WiFi, home, and voice product portfolios for Comcast West Division (about 10 million customers).
- Outperformed customer growth goals in the broadband portfolio for 2018 and 2019 by a 102% and 103% index respectively.
- Successfully launched 10 to 15 major products each year including the xFi suite of products and new broadband speed tiers—providing incremental revenue streams, product differentiation, and churn reduction to core broadband offering.
- Led teams to achieve a 29% improvement over baseline for the deployment of Gig Internet/DOCSIS 3.1.
- Launched Xfinity Flex - Comcast's new IP Video platform and streaming box resulting in about 1 million subscribers within 1 year.
- Hired and developed product managers to support professional and portfolio growth.
Director Deployment Efficiency2011 - 2017Comcast
- Directed the strategic and day-to-day operations of a multi-functional team that automated and improved engineering and technical deployments to more than 22M customers. Managed software development, KPIs and analytics, procurement, and process.
- Defined and executed strategy to achieve portfolio alignment, project governance, and automated analytics for over 8,500 annual projects across 130 team members.
- Developed and implemented 5 different applications to automate processes which facilitated a 22% total reduction in unit headcount over four years.
- Removed 31,000 hours of labor effort and reduced associated headcount by 7.5% in 2015 by spearheading the launch of a new program and work management software across 200+ employees.
- Achieved a 90% interval improvement (2 weeks to 1 day) in the engineering design process for IP Video services by developing and implementing a new design and workflow management application.
- Cut aged inventory by 64% and cut procurement processing times by 67% while managing up to $330 million in capital annually.
Strategic Planning Manager2009 - 2011Comcast
- Managed the voice engineering project portfolio with responsibility for all strategic planning, program management, process engineering, and product launch initiatives for the Comcast Voice Network.
- Accountable for an $80 million engineering portfolio encompassing all strategic planning, project management, process engineering, and product launch initiatives for the Comcast Voice network.
- Reduced expenses by $2.5 million by managing the conversion of 9.4 million customers from a legacy 911 network to an enhanced 911 network with zero customer impact.
- Migrated 9.8 million customers from a legacy soft switch platform to a new $200 million IMS-based architecture.
- Utilized Six Sigma tools and workshops between major departments to develop a “Consensus State” lifecycle documentation that resolved process defects within Comcast’s national engineering organizations.
Professional Services Manager2009 - 200942U/DirectNet
- Managed business development, client relationship management, and execution for the sale and implementation of energy-efficient data center solutions.
- Owned full responsibility for strategic development and launch of the professional services infrastructure including all project management, business process development, and key performance indicators.
- Launched the CalTech Data Center as well as the Xcel Energy Rebate partnership to drive data centers to more energy-efficient solutions.
Project Director2007 - 2008Aimco
- Led teams of project managers to successfully execute complex programs for one of the nation’s largest REITs (real estate investment trust) covering 1,000+ nationally dispersed apartment communities, 250,000 residents, and revenue of $1.8 billion.
- Acted as a catalyst for change by developing and executing project plans, risk management plans, communications, training, and process optimizations to ensure organizational adoption.
- Reduced expenses by $1.5 million in one year by leading a team of executives and operational managers to successfully re-engineer a 250 seat customer support call center operation.