Verified Expert in Product Management
Venu is a product manager who excels in technology, product, marketing, and lean business consulting with proficiency in Lean/Agile and product development. He builds innovative and disruptive products in the B2B and B2C spaces. Venu turned an unhappy customer into a $15 million upsell and improved user acquisition by 153% for an initiative at NASDAQ. He brings industry experience in wealth management, fintech, and healthcare, having been a stock/options/commodities market trader for 10+ years.
BCG Digital Ventures
- Conducted as-is and to-be process mapping as part of the digital transformation for this heavily regulated environment and ensured compliance.
- Solved complex business and technical problems with first principle thinking, identifying the tradeoffs and influencing a way forward collaboratively working with stakeholders.
- Provided product leadership by understanding the market and customer in-depth and planning out iterative revisions of the product, shipping functional products every sprint.
- Identified and documented current use cases and user journey process maps and suggested process improvements that comply with regulatory and tax compliance.
- Established the key metrics to measure and track the business goals' outcomes.
- Defined the technical and business tradeoffs needed to meet the business goals and get executive commitment and approvals.
- Collaborated with business leaders, marketing, engineering, and design teams to create a process improvements roadmap and plan the execution of quarterly plans to meet the business outcomes.
Product Manager and Product Owner
The Kraft Heinz Company
- Mapped process flow improvements for the users after analyzing the as-is situation. Conducted discovery workshops collaborating with the business users.
- Prioritized the product backlog by aligning with the business goals and product objectives and shipped new features rapidly, working with the engineering team using agile and scrum methods.
- Implemented national and location-level inventory visibility enhancements for mixing centers, warehouses, and distribution centers.
- Collaborated with the design team using a design thinking approach to build the UI/UX for optimal customer satisfaction and NPS ratings.
- Engaged with data engineers and data scientists to build analytics and generate data-driven insights.
- Researched user challenges and built product features for order management process optimization, increasing order fill rates and reducing data inconsistency issues.
Digital Learning Platform Startup (Confidential)
- Led and drove the product strategy for the digital learning experience platform resulting in a product-market fit based on extensive user needs assessment and validation.
- Developed a strategic roadmap with prioritization and presented it to stakeholders to ensure the product objectives and goals were aligned.
- Contributed as the voice of the customer, partnered with the engineering team to build the product features, evaluated the trade-offs for the architecture using AWS cloud.
- Accountable for ensuring a human-centric UI/UX and thought process that delights the prospects in their onboarding process.
- Facilitated rapid development working with cross-functional teams using Agile and Scrum.
- Developed and implemented messaging and lead generation strategies using AdTech platforms of LinkedIn, Google, and Facebook.
- Implemented ERP Systems (Netsuite, Oracle) for B2B SaaS companies, consulting with ESW Capital, a private equity company, as a product manager.
- Achieved a 39% increase in paid B2B mobile app downloads by improving the prospects' marketing hooks, user research, value proposition, and targeted appeal.
- Collaborated with C-level executives on business strategy, status reporting, and persuasion.
Business Analyst | Project Manager
- Managed stakeholders and subject-matter experts to identify and document the as-is state of systems and processes and suggest to-be processes.
- Documented use cases and process flows and mapped future processes that comply with FINRA/SEC regulations.
- Identified use cases that need improvements by creating map-the-gap documentation, making UAT plans, conducting business analyses working with key stakeholders, and performing regulatory compliance reporting.
- Achieved a $30 million marketing technology implementation for Pepsico that included building the Go-to-Market strategy, marketing research, and analysis for their new snack product launch.
- Data mined 170 terabytes of point-of-sale transactions to build customer insights and data visualization reports that led to innovative product ideas for a large manufacturer.
- Generated consumer insights from 30,000 monthly household grocery transactions to identify marketing research analysis and behavior trends on brand loyalty.
- Dealing with C-level executives on project status reporting, business strategy, and upsell services.
- Retained and engaged in an upsell of $15 million deal with an unhappy strategic customer account by nurturing the customer relationship, addressing their critical business issues, and providing an ERP - procurement solution that met their needs.
- Decreased yearly application support costs by 45% by leading the offshore technology team developing procurement module application customizations and providing ongoing support.
- Improved fiscal performance by 350% for a B2B venture platform by implementing an e-marketplace that integrated procurement using procurement module within the Oracle e-Business Suite.
- Increased cash flow by 20% by implementing an integrated payment processing system between a leading financial institution and their trading partner’s account payable system.
- Decreased proposal development time by 40% by building a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) model and an easy visual comparison with competitors.
- Engaged with client's C-level executives on technology, financial, and program management activities as well as presenting solutions in a sales situation.
- Led a team of six, including designers, software engineers, and QA, to implement dozens of new product features.
- Reduced by 37% the reconciliation of P&L batch processes reporting to HQ for swaps, FRAs, equity options, FX, bonds, T-Bills, and other derivative products as the functional business lead.
- Achieved 25 FTE savings for the wealth management division by reducing manual reconciliation effort the Nostro-Vostro systems.
- Enhanced back-office trading application systems to comply with T+1 regulatory requirement.
Concept to Product Launch of a B2B e-marketplacehttp://www.aeroxchange.com
Improved fiscal performance by 350% for a B2B venture platform by implementing an e-marketplace.
High-end Luxury Item Product Retailer
Increased new customer acquisition by 143% for a high-end luxury women's clothing and jewelry retailer.
Subscriptions - Physical Products as a Subscriptionhttp://gatorade.com
I worked with software companies (Oracle Corp, Information Resources Inc, and Optima Wealth Management) to package their solutions as a subscription implementing physical products subscription at PepsiCo and Kraft Heinz.
Services as a Subscriptionhttp://www.oracle.com
I collaborated in the creation of an Application Management Subscription (Oracle Corp, Information Resources Inc., and Optima Wealth Management)
Types of services: Infrastructure management, software application upgrade, and maintenance, and specific solution maintenance like demand forecasting. Developed key success metrics that are measured and tracked on a dashboard.
Master of Business Administration Degree in International Marketing (MBA)
Athabasca University - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers - New Delhi, India
SAFe 5.1 Lean Portfolio Manager
Scaled Agile Framework
Managing Culture in Product Teams
How to Make Strategic Product Decisions
Blockchain Strategy Program
University of Oxford
Harvard Business School Online