Senior Software Product Manager2017 - 2018Demco Software
- Led the product management team in defining the company's product strategy culminating in both near-term tactical product plans, and long-term strategic product roadmaps, both of which were new to the company.
- Spearheaded process improvement efforts within the product management, marketing, and engineering teams to reduce inefficiencies, foster communication, and improve overall productivity (net gain over ten hours per week).
- Acted as the principal product manager for the next-generation library software product suite working with both local, and multiple off-shore development teams to replace existing legacy infrastructure for greater reach, and scalability.
- Mentored product managers, and product owners in Agile, and Scrum methodologies utilizing Jira, Craft, Asana, Pivotal Tracker, and other industry tools bringing Agile ceremonies, and best practices to the company.
- Developed, and deployed a new mobile application for public libraries as well as redesigned the underlying platform for the mobile, and desktop product suite.
Senior Product Manager2016 - 2018Kelly Slater Wave Company
- Worked with engineering, research and development, and project teams to drive the revision of software control for phase 2.0 Kelly Slater Wave System culminating in the world’s first 15 million gallon, bidirectional, competition level, surf facility.
- Led the team to update, and roadmap changes to Siemens' HMI control software, and operator panel incorporating user, and engineering feedback to streamline, and add needed operational features to wave controls.
- Developed multiple site events to promote new wave facility from charity events to the world's first multi-national World Surf League tour event (now a standard part of the championship tour).
- Developed use cases, and pro-formas to understand the monetization potential of the system, and its amenities.
Senior Product Manager2015 - 2016Renovate America
- Led the product management group in the development and deployment of a new solar lease financing product which created long-term partnerships, and will increment revenue by 10-15% year over year in that segment.
- Responsible for driving new financial product development utilizing the PACE structure. This included the company’s aggressive expansion efforts into multiple states to grow from one to four states in 2016.
- Principle product manager for the DevOps Funding group. Responsible for optimizing, and enhancing the HERO program funding operation for assessment recording, disbursements, and bonding of over one billion in funds.
- Drove strategic vision behind near, and long-term roadmaps for funding the product group with reporting moving directly into the executive level.
Director of Program Management2014 - 2015MEPS Real-time, Inc.
- Orchestrated all product, and project management activities for the company in both hardware, and software.
- Led the strategic vision for the company with executive staff resulting in a three-year strategic product roadmap where previously there was none.
- Assisted the company’s transition from a pure research and development focus to manufacturing, and commercial sales organization in cooperation with business development, and a new sales group.
- Spearheaded the industrial design for the hardware, and software design program with both onshore, and offshore teams.
Senior Product Manager2012 - 2014FreedomVoice, Inc.
- Led the product manager group, and leadership team in the development of strategic planning initiatives where none existed previously, and presented the plan to the company’s board of directors.
- Drove a new product management process within the company which brought an Agile approach to development, and stronger organization to projects prioritized by business cases over short term desires.
- Defined requirements and oversaw the development of the flagship Hosted PBX platform focusing on much-needed software debt, and VoIP telephony feature gaps.
- Worked with the VP of sales, and the VP of Marketing to develop co-branding initiatives, channel-friendly features and a partner channel support structure to provide a frictionless partner experience.
- Balanced Voice of Customer duties with internal stakeholder’s needs to develop a long-term product roadmap where none previously existed.
Senior Product Manager2011 - 2012Honeywell International
- Managed the global Intelligent Hearing Protection product portfolio composed of several new technology wireless communication items for the military, and heavy industrial use.
- Led the process for new product initiatives (NPI) on several simultaneous projects including a company-wide SaaS initiative, a DECT, and Bluetooth HPD communication device, and a new military-grade wireless “bionic ear device.”.
- Developed market and sales promotions designed to drive revenue, and market share in domestic, and international high-growth regions, which ultimately exceeded organizational stretch revenue targets by 20%.
- Interfaced with customers across the world (in person, and via webinar) to perform voice of customer analysis on current offerings, and potential new roadmap offerings for development.
- Produced weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reports analyzing budget, sales, inventory, and product reach for the Hearing division, and reported to executive corporate.
Senior Product Manager2010 - 2011Awarepoint, Inc.
- Managed the entire suite of web-based software products for an RFID, and Zig Bee-based real-time asset tracking, and monitoring for the healthcare industry providing tangible positive ROI to hospitals.
- Worked with the hardware engineering group to develop, and launch a third generation Zig Bee device system incorporating multiple radios, motion tracking, near field communication, and multi-sensor capabilities.
- Responsible for the competitive analysis, product positioning and messaging, requirements, development efforts, launch strategy, sales force training, and customer feedback analysis.
- Designed, managed, and deployed an industry-first rental asset management application, which increased software revenue for the company by 150% over the following year.
Senior Product Manager2009 - 2010BraveCloud Enterprises
- Researched new energy initiatives for investment, and development for wind-farm development in the high desert of California.
- Developed business cases, and proposals for land acquisition, construction development, and investments for global energy initiatives.
- Led an international cross-functional team in the development of new self-regulating wind turbine controls, and monitoring systems.
- Advised investment partners on best practices on navigating the development, and disposition of onshore investments.
Senior Product Manager2006 - 2009RoyaltyShare, Inc.
- Researched, designed, and developed a PRD, and product development plan for a completely new Music Media Content Management product.
- Led a cross-functional team to smoothly integrate a new product into an existing suite of products while maintaining customer expectations for performance, and level of service.
- Supervised, and mentored the product management team for various product development initiatives.
- Managed relationships for content management with music labels, online music services, and distributors.
- Developed, and maintained a product roadmap for near, and long-term development cycles.
Senior Product Manager2005 - 2006SMS.ac, Inc.
- Led a multi-phase, revenue-focused mobile community product rollout.
- Managed the development of user-facing music, video, and application projects for a global community initiative.
- Managed all phases of product lifecycles, strategic planning, and web metrics.
- Created customer and developer focus groups which directed the development of new marketing campaigns, and assets. Used the intelligence gathered here to shape product strategy.
Database Administrator, and Programmer2003 - 2005La Jolla Institute for Allergy, and Immunology
- Collaborated with the lead programmer for multiple in-house ColdFusion, and database projects.
- Designed, and created a complex custom application for a touch screen informational kiosk.
Product Manager2001 - 2003Beyster Institute
- Directed the corporate website site updates, email management, metrics, security, and new media integration as the product manager, and web developer.
- Developed a major redesign, technology restructuring, and architecture, including interactive e-learning, content management tools, search engine optimization, and multimedia.
- Overhauled the electronic payment, and transaction system for seminar registration, and product purchases.
- Assisted the marketing department with the advertisement, and promotion of business seminars designed to increase traction, and promote new business.
Product Manager2000 - 2001DigMedia, Inc.
- Managed the product, and engineering teams for an internet web-radio appliance partnering with Microsoft, Intel, and Oracle to successfully launch the product at CES.
- Designed, and documented the roadmap for a corporate website, marketing strategy, and investor relations, which resulted in an additional $12 million in venture capital funding.