Verified Expert in Product Management
For the past several years, Vikas has worked with cutting-edge technology in fields of healthcare, ride-hailing, bike-sharing, and eCommerce. He was previously employed with Philips Healthcare as a software engineer and has worked at Ola Cabs, India's biggest ride-hailing platform, as a product manager. Vikas also has an academic background in engineering and management from NIT Surathkal and XLRI Jamshedpur.
Freelance Product Manager
- Conducted market research to define user stories for mapping and communications platform used at live event locations.
- Established a proof-of-concept through an MVP product by designing the user flows, wireframes, and mockups to describe the user journey.
- Drafted specifications for API platform to enable messaging and location sharing.
- Designed app flows for communication and location sharing for Android and iOS apps.
- Defined the product roadmap by creating a plan for the implementation and rollout.
Freelance Product and Strategy Consultant
- Created the business proposal for a new category launch; designed the business plan and the go-to-market strategy.
- Established the sales process flows and the CRM implementation for the organization.
- Defined the product and marketing mix and created rollout plans for the new category launch.
Freelance Product Manager
- Analyzed the process and product flows; charted process and data flow diagrams, and data dictionary.
- Conducted interviews to understand the existing onboarding flows; provided recommendations to optimize conversions.
- Identified major bottlenecks in the current process; recommended product and process solutions.
- Defined KPIs and product metrics; also defined the framework for instrumentation of product flows.
- Performed an analysis of the existing CRM system; provided recommendations on tools, process, and schema.
Product Manager, Ola Loyalty
- Developed product features, took pricing decisions, and managed P&L for a program with 200,000+ subscribers.
- Implemented fair usage policy and lowered prices with a swing of +200% in P&L/subscription for the same user base.
- Built a localization platform for Ola apps to support languages for international launches.
- Maintained the website and Ola Lite mobile app; launched Ola Lite in Hindi for 100,000+ weekly active users.
- Defined KPIs and metrics, executed OKRs, and maintained the product roadmap.
Product Manager, Ola Pedal
- Defined use cases through user research and conducted a public bike-sharing pilot to establish the business case.
- Designed a product flow based on user stories; built components that included an inventory management system, app booking and ride user experience, and support flow for issue redressal.
- Collaborated with eight different teams with 40+ stakeholders from design, business, and engineering.
- Drove collaborative discussions with third-party vendors to integrate a smart-lock solution with internal systems.
- Designed a launch plan with a product release for college campuses with 10,000+ students.
Program and Product Manager, Ola Corporate
- Defined the product strategy and product roadmap and was responsible for the product life cycle at Ola Corporate.
- Built and automated the postpaid billing and collections solutions; opened up an $18 million/year segment and contributes 60% of revenues.
- Created an invoicing system for GST collaborating with tax, finance, and legal to produce 20,000+ invoices every billing cycle.
- Built an API developer platform with documentation—which opened up a potential $500,000/day segment—and assisted in the technical integration of Ola Corporate APIs with partners and clients.
- Created a CRM system for sales to manage 3,000+ active accounts with 30+ account managers; built an automated system to track sales metrics— which reduced the presentation creation time from six hours to ten minutes.
- Assisted the sales team with sales pitches and creatives as well as sales prospects with RFP inquiries.
Samsung Research Institute
- Identified gaps in the sample management policy of SRI-B with 20,000+ samples as an intern with the asset management team.
- Employed qualitative and quantitative statistical techniques to analyze responses to interview responses.
- Provided recommendations based on the analysis and a possible future roadmap to redesign the process.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built a reconstruction platform to help research scientists across the world develop MRI algorithms.
- Implemented a SENSE algorithm to lower the MRI scan and image reconstruction time by a factor of eight.
- Implemented MRI reconstruction algorithms in the image space and Fourier space.
- Built a mDixon node to separate water and fat images post MRI scans.
- Developed UI used to perform MRI scans and view MRI images.
- Was chosen as one of ten—out of 180 eligible students—for a prestigious IBM internship at India Software Labs.
- Built and delivered the only completely indigenously built component at ISL: Performance Advisor.
- Used SAX and DOM XML parsers to interpret performance data and Apache Tomcat to create reports.
Risk Management Team
- Reviewed and updated the information systems security policies as an intern in the risk management team.
- Helped develop the business continuity plan.
- Performed a risk assessment and worked with the operations team to identify and evaluate risks that pertained to their domains.
Ola Loyalty | Ola Cabs
Implemented product features and took pricing decisions for a program with 200,000+ subs—brought a swing of +200% in P&L/sub.
For Ola Loyalty program, I acted as the product manager and was in charge of improving the P&L state of the program by operating product and pricing levers.
Ola Pedal | Ola Cabs
Led eight teams with 40+ stakeholders to launch a public bike-sharing program on college campuses for 10,000+ students.
As the product manager, I led the launch of this program. It involved running the pilot and establishing the business case with the MVP and subsequently using our learnings to build a full-fledged program all the while leading a team of 40+ members.
Ola Corporate | Ola Cabshttps://corporate.olacabs.com/
Defined and implemented a product strategy; built a billing-&-payment collection system with revenues of $30+ million/year.
I was responsible for defining and implementing the product and business strategy, which helped grow the customer base and revenue over tenfold.
Recon 2.0 | Philips
Built and launched a platform used by MRI research scientists across the world.
I built the platform and implemented MRI reconstruction algorithms used by scientists across the world, including geometry correction, SENSE, Dixon water-fat separation, FELIX, Shutter, and more.
The VP commended me for my excellent contributions to the project.
Master's Degree in Business Administration
XLRI | Xavier School of Management - Jamshedpur, India
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
National Institute of Technology, Karnataka - Surathkal, India
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)