Product Manager2022 - 2022Talent Acquisition Assessment Solution
- Established the product vision, strategy and roadmap for the Talent Acquisition products using product feedback, qualitative and quantitative data, design thinking, research, and brainstorming workshops.
- Conducted extensive market and User research and extrapolated insights to re-define the unique product positioning for Talent Acquisition products.
- Served as the voice of the customer and ensured proactive communication across multiple stakeholders & cross-functional teams in various regions.
- Successfully established an objective based roadmap for iterative improvement of the MVP version of a Virtual Assessment Centre over a medium to long term.
Senior Product Manager2021 - 2022Architectural Office Design & Home Improvement
- Achieved an international expansion strategy milestone defined in the 2021 Nasdaq milestone maker program within 3 months.
- Coordinated product management activities including customer discovery, roadmap definition, prioritization, go-to-market strategy for a new product line.
- Collaborated with internal stakeholders to define short to long-term product roadmap, OKRs and Product metrics.
Product Manager/ Portfolio Analyst2021 - 2022Cloud-based lending software
- Led the product discovery and go-to-market strategy of the Loan Portfolio within the Digital Services Center.
- Conducted customer discovery to validate product idea viability.
- Developed a lean business model canvas to validate business feasibility and viability.
- Served as product evangelist to secure internal stakeholder buy in.
Product Manager - eCommerce B2B2021 - 2022B2B eCommerce marketplace
- Managed the backend workstream of the migration an eCommerce platform from old to new technology within 6 months.
- Coordinated engagement with third party providers to ensure timely project delivery.
- Managed product requirements, backlog grooming and prioritization as well as pre launch activities.
Product manager / owner for new marketplace product2021 - 2021Chemistry plus, OPC
- Developed the product strategy & managed development of a logistics marketplace product.
- Conducted product discovery to map out the short to long term Strategy.
- Defined the short to long term product Roadmap to support overall business objectives.
Product Strategy Manager2021 - 2021Investment Platform
- Redefined the product growth strategy in line with the corporate scaleup and spinoff ambition and created a short- and long-term execution roadmap and OKRs towards reaching the set goals.
- Took ownership of an app redesign project and created a close-out plan towards a hard launch date.
- Oversaw the product redesign and partnered with the design lead to achieve a user-centric interface design.
- Analyzed the existing database to create user personas and customer segments based on trends to drive targeted marketing and demand creation initiatives.
- Managed a database migration project for app and web databases.
- Defined a product launch plan with clear metrics to track user acquisition, activation, engagement, retention, and satisfaction.
- Introduced Agile delivery, product discovery, usability testing, and metrics-driven product management into the product development cycles.
Head of the Product Management Competency Center2020 - 2021Fintech - Venture Garden Group
- Drove the standardization of the Product Management Competency Center and created a repository of product artifacts which improved the efficiency of product managers across the organization.
- Facilitated recruitments and ensured the attraction and hiring of qualified personnel while driving capacity development programs in line with the organization and product managers' goals on an inclusive, participatory sustainable basis.
- Championed product management best practices and rigor within the product organization.
- Developed a framework for enterprise product delivery, team strategy, and OKRs.
Head of Product – Lending and EdTech2020 - 2021Lending and EdTech Startups
- Transformed lending in Africa by leading the build and launch of Advancly (Advancly.com) a SaaS platform (Docs.advancly.com) that brought together an ecosystem of funders, aggregators, OEM/suppliers, and borrowers in six months.
- Led product delivery, implementation, and support for five edtech apps: an app portal, a student information system (SIS), a learning management system (LMS), an exam portal, and an education financing system (EduCollect).
- Achieved over 100% month-on-month growth in GMV within months of launch by collaborating with C-level executives and stakeholders to build and evangelize the Advancly product vision and unique selling proposition to potential partners and investors.
- Improved accountability and productivity of two remote teams by 2x by introducing a metrics-driven product management approach and the use of Jira, Kanban, and Planner which drove the adoption of Agile best practices for product and project delivery.
- Enabled the edtech business to achieve its full-year target even in a pandemic year by defining and driving the implementation of a disruptive growth strategy.
- Established and maintained strategic partnerships and engagements with several third-party service providers for key integrations to achieve product-market fit and optimal product delivery.
- Translated short-term and long-term strategies into a set of an annual work plan, OKRs, roadmaps, and release schedules towards reaching the individual product vision.
- Drove user-centered product design, development, and delivery by designing and coordinating surveys, discovery interviews, and usability testing.
Head of User Experience and Product Management2017 - 2020Financial Services (Insurance, Investment, Pensions, Health Insurance)
- Incorporated overall business objectives into each product vision and roadmap which enabled seamless prioritization of execution.
- Oversaw the management and optimization of two business-to-business and four business-to-customer eCommerce channels across four business segments as well as two internal-facing applications.
- Led the planning and implementation of short- and long-term strategies to achieve the digital transformation agenda for an insurtech business.
- Successfully managed the redesign of the company’s website—harmonizing the corporate and transactional sites into a single website—to align with new global brand guidelines while improving the UX, discoverability, and overall performance.
- Led the platform upgrade to newer technology and made the site PWA-ready. This improved Alexa and similar web rankings and increased the number of active users as well as the leads-to-sales conversion.
- Led the development and launch of an unstructured supplementary service data (USSD) project *987# that catered to the company’s four business segments (insurance, investment, health, and pensions), which promoted self-service and increased revenue.
- Managed the development of an AI-driven robo-advisor (called Coach Idris) and the redesign of the company’s mobile app.
- Collaborated with key stakeholders to grow a retail e-business portfolio from six to 14 across three business segments (insurance, investment, and health).
- Facilitated the automation of post-purchase interactions like claims, liquidation, straight-through renewal, quote system, and so on; also designed the offerings for product bundling.
- Supported product marketing initiatives and demand creation to drive customer acquisition and a 10x revenue growth within 24 months.
eCommerce Officer (Associate Product Officer)2015 - 2017Financial Services (Insurance, Investment, Pensions, Health Insurance)
- Supported the executive leadership in setting up the eCommerce team as a pioneer member and was responsible for optimizing the user experience across all digital platforms.
- Served as liaison between business stakeholders and development team to digitize traditional retail products into digital (the product lines grew from one to six).
- Created user flows, wireframes, and mockups for the features and products deployed on a platform used to manage sales generated through third-party partners and corporate organizations (a digital worksite).
- Successfully conducted insightful user research to validate product offerings, which necessitated the deployment of two major product lines (health and education insurance).
- Defined process flows and mapped the user journey for features and products onboarded on the eCommerce platform.
Product Marketing Associate2012 - 2015Financial Services (Insurance, Investment)
- Enhanced the brand position (#1 in Nigeria) by facilitating the design of several marketing collaterals, advertising materials, marketing campaigns, trade shows, events, and other promotional activities to increase product awareness and adoption.
- Conducted a product portfolio review and analysis to recommend solutions to the team which informed strategies to maximize marketing, branding, and communication decisions.
- Served as a pioneer member of the new product development team (NPD) that developed two flagship products designed specifically to meet the client’s requirements based on market intelligence and customer needs analysis.
- Facilitated several product-and-sales-training sessions to sales agents and assisted in new product launch and release activities.
- Conducted product reviews, discovery interviews, surveys, market research, competitor analysis, and customer discovery sessions which facilitated the development of new products and features.
- Served as a project lead for a rebranding project due to the divestment of a major shareholder and onboarding of a new investor.
Relationship Manager – High Net-worth Individuals2009 - 2011Financial Services (Insurance)
- Created a novel customized insurance product (Umbrella plan) to meet the needs of high net-worth individuals (HNIs).
- Managed a high-profile clientele database and achieved over a 90% customer satisfaction rate.
- Reduced churn and increased customer retention by 80% within 12 months.
- Consistently met and exceeded financial targets for the team.
- Received commendation for excellent service for two consecutive years.