Technical Project Manager2020 - PRESENTLarge Health Insurance Company
- Supervised and guided engineers for "off-cycle" rapid releases.
- Improved the process for rapid release cycles for a mobile application delivered on iOS and Android.
- Supervised and guided engineers in the adoption of React Native for iOS and Android consumer application development.
- Managed the coordination of development across internal and external SAFe train teams against one mobile application (across iOS and Android).
Technical Project Manager2020 - 2020Manufacturing and Inventory Management Consultancy
- Provided recommendations to address gaps in ongoing project deliverables.
- Created plans for an inventory management system and a cloud-based platform.
- Established MVP and product backlog for an inventory management system.
Senior Director, Engineering2017 - 2019Veritone, Inc.
- Managed various API and back-end processing projects as well as overall integration of SaaS features across front-end web applications, API, backend services, and processing pipeline services.
- Led the data ingestion and AI processing team to deliver SaaS real-time processing capabilities and hundreds of AI integrations. Based on Docker hosted in AWS and on-premise; infrastructure on Kafka, Redis, GraphQL API, NSQ, PostgreSQL, and Elastic.
- Worked closely with operations and streamlined the development team's engagement to resolve customer escalation and support issues. Resulted in increased predictability in sprints as well as morale.
- Formalized Agile release acceptance testing to shorten deployment times from weeks to days. Then evolved the release process enabling product squads to deliver to their own lead time from originally weeks to as short as a week.
- Collaborated with other cross-functional leaders to formalize and track the planning, approval, and delivery process for products and features.
- Managed an engineering organization of 80 engineers across two primary US core and one offshore contractor locations organized across nine product development squads.
Worldwide Technical Product Executive2008 - 2017IBM Corp.
- Created and delivered IT transformation proposals to clients around the world for Advanced Case Management solutions across finance, public, and utility sectors.
- Led and mentored local teams worldwide on solution selling including conducting discovery and architecture workshops with clients.
- Represented and evangelized IBM Advanced Case Management with customers and business partners worldwide.
- Created worldwide go-to-market strategy and skills development plans for IBM Advanced Case Management sales engineering.
- Contributed to the achievement of 28% growth in net new customers and 61% revenue growth.
- Conducted discovery workshops for clients across banking, insurance, government, and utility sectors.
Director, Engineering1987 - 2008FileNet Corp. (acquired by IBM in 2006)
- Led teams and projects to deliver various enterprise content management products. Most products were of platform-agnostic architecture based on J2EE or Java.
- Wore multiple hats to build teams, create product strategy, and lead projects to introduce a variety of new enterprise content management offerings.
- Led integration projects with newly acquired technologies and staff through M&A.
- Managed teams of up to 60 engineers that included six managers.
- Led the adoption of new technologies (e.g. MS COM, OO) and new development methodologies (e.g. Agile).