Director of Team Augmentation and Senior Scrum Master2017 - PRESENTMindgrub Technologies
- Served as a Scrum master and technical project manager across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Led the creation of a new line of business (Team Augmentation projects).
- Oversaw processes and procedures for the full lifecycle of Team Augmentation projects, including marketing, contracting, training consultants, and project delivery. I led the creation of a new line of business (Team Augmentation projects).
- Developed a process framework built on standard Agile Scrum with the flexibility to be applied to a wide variety of client project needs.
- Managed five direct reports.
Project Management Leadership, Scrum Master2016 - 2017Elder Research, Inc.
- Taught Agile Scrum processes to internal project managers of various client-facing data science, and software projects.
- Coached a client team building a new data warehousing and business intelligence system in Agile.
- Adapted various project management best practices to create lightweight processes aimed at adding more project management rigor with minimal additional overhead.
- Trained internal project managers in these processes.
- Served as scrum master for two separate development teams, each engaging in both product development, as well as matrixed support to client delivery teams.
- Managed diverse teams made up of both full, and part-time members spread across four separate offices.
- Interfaced with multiple clients and senior management to create, and prioritize client requests and new product initiatives into a central feature backlog.
- Planned, and documented development and release procedures for synchronized ETL and data analysis processes across disparate tool stacks, feeding a single data, and analysis visualization application.
Freelance Software Engineer2015 - 2016Travel Agency Client
- Supported an existing web application (PHP Laravel back end, Angular.js front end) with new features, and bug fixes.
- Developed processes for managing client requirements, testing, and delivering finished features.
- Managed invoicing and reporting processes to keep the client up to date on feature progress.
- Coordinated with the lead developer to push changes to over 20 travel agency customers (stand-alone server implementations of the tool) with minimal downtime.
Senior Consultant (Software Engineer)2011 - 2014Booz Allen Hamilton
- Led the development effort on a web-delivered network analysis tool (Smart GWT AJAX front end, Java and MySQL back end).
- Responsible for the technical perspective in ticket creation, and sprint planning.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Worked with the development team to plan, design, and implement a malware propagation modeling tool that integrated Python and OPNET into a custom malware infection discrete event simulator.
- Proposed, developed, and implemented Python scripts to streamline analysis workflows.