Verified Expert in Project Management
Armando is a certified PMP with 15+ years of experience in software projects worldwide. He's managed teams of consultants, project leaders, and developers for software projects in America, Asia, and Europe for the automotive, telecommunications, and finance industries, among others. Focused on customer satisfaction, he's always looking for viable solutions that make sense for the business while developing his teams on business awareness and transparency in an environment where they can grow.
- Set up the infrastructure to collaborate with partners in Latin America from scratch.
- Executed projects to attract customers and make the product known in the market.
- Supported the execution of projects with partners, from conception to the proposal, control, and closure.
- Coached partners in the execution of projects, support, and promotion of the product.
- Joined the team as the international project manager. Then, after several successful project deliveries, I got promoted to team leader of the PMO team.
- Improved the project management office, defining processes and controls over projects in different branches worldwide.
- Implemented Atlassian Suite—Jira and Confluence—to support the product management area and the core BI tools to analyze and control the area's performance.
Senior Product Manager | Ultimus CPS
- Joined as a PM in Panama and worked in Ultimus for nine years, serving companies like Sanofi, Cable & Wireless, and Barclays.
- Managed projects' implementation, led development teams and project managers, and designed strong solutions for Ultimus' customers worldwide.
- Worked in several areas of the CPS business and got promoted to senior product manager after successfully proposing and designing the Ultimus CPS framework.
Senior IT Engineer
- Worked as a report manager, building business reports for the finance area. Then, I got promoted to lead programmer of the call rating and customers' invoicing system.
- Led the implementation of the BI and data cube initiative using in-house development of ETL and cube generators.
Developer, Consultant, and Project Manager
- Worked as a freelancer for several customers on a full-time basis or with time and materials contracts.
- Developed several web frameworks and reporting systems for Cable & Wireless Panama and ADR Technologies.
- Designed and implemented a basic content management system for several small businesses in Panama.
- Managed the billing system for Cable & Wireless Movil Panama and the post localization database for the optic-fiber implementation project by Cable Onda.
Ultimus CPS Initiativehttps://www.ultimus.com/bpm-technology/composed-process-solutions
Conceptualized, created, and evangelized the new BPM framework by Ultimus.
DMS Implementation by Daimler Czech Republic
Led the implementation of the dealer management system for Daimler subsidiaries in Czech Republic.
Although there were challenges with the partner and the list of requirements, the project was delivered on the first of January, as expected.
Sanofi ME Back-office Processes Framework Implementation
Proposed, promoted, and implemented the BPM framework for Sanofi.
Barclays Retail Banking BPM Framework
Proposed, designed, and implemented the retail banking processes framework in Barclays Portugal.
Master's Degree in Project Management
Universidad Latina de Panamá - Panamá
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
Universidad Católica Santa María La Antigua - Panamá
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Certified Scrum Master
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring