Emre Ilke Cosar
- COO2016 - 2018Pubinno, Inc.
- Created the product backlog and development schedules.
- Supervised a cross-functional 12-person team to develop and release a hardware product (smart beer tap) and accompanying iOS/Android apps achieving 30% cost savings on BOM.
- Refined the B2B business model, pricing and value propositions. Closed a $2+ million contract with a leading brewery.
- Managed the day-to-day workflow, field operations, and client interactions.
- Pitched the company to investors and VCs. Raised more than $1 million in funding.
- Senior Project Manager2013 - 2016Monitise, Plc.
- Managed large scale (more than $5 million annual revenue) mobile banking and eCommerce projects using Scrum.
- Prioritized project backlogs in accordance with stakeholder expectations, using analytics and customer reviews.
- Led up to three concurrent teams/projects containing as many as 25 designers, developers, testers, and business analysts.
- Oversaw scope, timelines, and budget forecasts, as well as delivering status updates and addressing risks and requirement changes.
- Evangelized agile development, reducing test times while increasing sprint velocity by more than 40% without compromising quality.
- Founder/Product Manager2012 - 2013Bagaway
- Created a business model and operational framework through market and user research.
- Assessed the feasibility of using RFID tags with reusable fabrics.
- Launched a pilot program at local organic markets, funded by municipality and NGOs.
- Ended the program once it was seen that the bags are not being returned.
- Researcher2008 - 2012Aalto University
- Designed a real-time protocol stack for time-synchronized multi-channel and slotted communication in multi-hop wireless networks.
- Deployed wireless sensors running A-Stack on real-world structures.
- Lectured Wireless Automation and MATLAB courses.
- IsCep (Mobile app of IsBank)Led the development of monthly feature releases for 5M+ active users and re-launched the Android app, with a team of 25.
İşCep is the mobile app of IsBank, the largest private bank of Turkey with 5M+ active users and more than 200 transactions available via mobile platforms.
- Managed a team of 25 (developers, designers, analysts, and testers) working on iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Web platforms
- Managed the scope, budget, and schedule. Reported the progress and facilitated the trade-offs between scope, budget & schedule.
- Implemented Scrum framework for the project, for the first time, coaching the client side for the adoption of the agile principles
- Pegasus Airlines MobileLed 10+ designers, developers, testers, and BAs to deliver the initial launch and numerous major releases for iOS/Android.
Pegasus is the second largest airline in Turkey, with 4+ million downloads. The app is known for simplified and intuitive user journey that allows purchase and check-in within seconds and includes a push message marketing module.
- Led the design and development teams. Launched the app initially in 2013 on iOS and Android platforms (the app reached 800K downloads within a year)
- Used analytics & customer reviews to prioritize the backlog and improve existing features
- Led the development of the iPad app in 2014 (First scrum project to be done in Monitise, initiation to delivery in three months)
- Zubizu Loyalty AppLed a team of ten (UX designers, visual designers, and BAs) to deliver an award-winning customer experience for iOS & Android
Zubizu is a lifestyle & loyalty app from Dogus Group in Turkey with 2+ million downloads. The app provides users with customized offers and allows online reservations and purchase of event tickets.
- Led the team of UX designers, visual designers, and business analysts to deliver wireframes, requirements, and designs for iOS & Android platforms
- Managed the design project from concept through launch
- Led the design and development of the responsive landing page
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering2007 - 2009Helsinki University of Technology - Helsinki, Finland
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering2003 - 2007Middle East Technical University - Ankara, Turkey
- Certified Scrum MasterMARCH 2015 - PRESENTScrum.org