Verified Expert in Project Management
Filip is a project manager with more than a decade of experience in consulting, IT project management, and product development. He oversees JTI's global rollout of Ploom devices as a program manager. He has experience as a senior project manager at REWE Digital and as a product owner at IBM for Docker Containers. Filip has a proven delivery track record and product management capabilities in various capacities.
Digital Program Manager
JTI (Japan Tobacco International)
- Led the rollout of JTI's Ploom devices and supported the digital ecosystem (eCommerce/analytics/IoT) in the UK and Italy.
- Program-managed JTI's scalable eCommerce framework.
- Supported the execution of high-impact digital initiatives for consumer, trade, and data initiatives in markets.
- Worked with a larger team to develop digital strategies and with key markets to monitor and oversee the execution of the roadmap.
- Developed a market adaptation toolkit and guidelines and engaged with market teams to ensure adherence. Worked with markets to identify best practices to be shared within the organization.
Senior Program Manager
- Led the roll-out and migration effort for a revised incident management program within all Booking.com departments.
- Set up a Scrum team working on the tooling to enable the migration of all services - a self-service portal integrated with B.com's services and PagerDuty to enable seamless integration.
- Led a migration effort of both critical and non-critical services within booking - migrated a total of 300 services owned by more than 150 teams.
- Managed day-to-day program work - reporting, stakeholder management, impediments, Scrum process, and prioritization.
- Coached product managers and teams to embrace Agile and take advantage of good practices during the development and migration phases.
Interim Head of Project Management Office
Luxembourg Stock Exchange (LuxSE)
- Worked directly with the CTO of the stock exchange, steered the transformation project to implement Azure Cloud and phase-off legacy systems while creating a highly-scalable, cloud-native environment for real-time analytics with Kafka.
- Helped the stock exchange to transition towards real-time data processing with Kafka while sunsetting legacy systems.
- Coached the DevOps team how to implement, monitor and troubleshoot the Kafka implementation.
- Introduced data governance and data lineage to the client.
Lead Delivery Manager
- Managed three scrum teams running and maintaining ING's global platform with Kafka, with more than 400 clients and 1,000 topics in production.
- Scaled ING's real-time data streaming platform from five to 400 clients with more than 1,000 streams in production and over 400,000 events/second.
- Designed and deployed at scale world-first Kafka self-service application allowing ING clients to perform major tasks without the need for support via beautiful UI.
- Possessed full functional and operational responsibility to develop, maintain, and run Kafka.
- Defined and delivered the vision for a global streaming platform for over 40 markets and thousands of internal clients.
- Helped ING's capability to three cross-functional scrum teams with a single purpose, vision, and domain.
- Designed presentations and pitched solutions to senior management, lead architects, tribe, etc.
- Managed the backlog for the Kafka platform and advanced feature development, such as self-service topic management and AVRO schema automation.
- Prepared roadmaps for the entire product area and broke them into functional themes, EPICs, features, and user stories.
- Designed a monitoring system with Grafana, Kibana, and Prometheus to monitor the platform on a global level with custom dashboards, alerts, and notifications.
Product Owner Integrations
- Managed two scrum teams dedicated 100% to REWE’s eCommerce website—REWE.de.
- Helped REWE to scale by integrating 3rd party shops, warehouses, and shipping partners to be able to cross-sell services at its marketplace—REWE Paket.
- Defined and built the back end of REWE Paket—built micro-services handling the full cycle—inbound, fulfillment and outbound. REWE Paket brought fresh revenue of more than €10 million.
- Worked with modern software development approaches and tools such as Scrum, REST APIs, micro-services, containers, Apache Kafka, Gcloud, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Served on the team when REWE Paket was awarded the most-innovative project in REWE for 2018 among 20 other initiatives.
Product Owner - Docker Containers
- Brought Docker containers on IBM System Z family for Docker inc.
- Led a scrum team of six to develop, rollout, and support Docker on zLinux.
- Held full responsibility for sales enablement, MarCom, and positioning.
- Worked with Docker to define the roadmap, priorities, and user stories.
- Utilized Docker Engine, Docker Trusted Registry, and Universal control pane to run on zLinux.
- Appointed to lead a cross-functional team of seven to build Telenor’s eWallet mobile app for iOS (Swift) and Android (Java).
- Defined the feature requirements, UI, UX, value proposition, client target segments, rollout plan, etc.
- Prepared development roadmap and was responsible for prioritization and communication.
- Served as the liaison for the integration of the apps with the TelCo’s core systems.
- Grew the userbase of the e-wallet to 200,000 in 12 months.
Ernst & Young
- Prepared advice in finance, strategy, and marketing including G2M, market entry/exit, and optimizations.
- Conducted G2M, market entry/exit, and optimizations.
- Contributed to financial and business-case modeling.
- Primarily focused on tech, financial institutions, and pharmaceuticals.
- Worked with clients including Telenor, ING, Spotify, Unicredit, Coca-Cola, and IBM.
Telenor Automated Customer Servicehttps://www.telenor.bg/en/news/globul-officially-becomes-telenor
Joined all customer channels - call center, retail, online into one customer care experience and increased NPS with 18%.
I was also involved as a product manager/project manager in the rebranding of recently acquired Globul to Telenor, the subsequent strategic projects which included new business lines (finance services), the introduction of 4G services, and due diligence of potential cable operators acquisitions.
Grew a greenfield grocery e-marketplace project to €10 million revenue and over 50,000 recurring customers monthly.
Scaled ING's streaming platform to almost 500 clients with more than 1,000 Kafka topics while saving millions of Euro.
Docker for System Z
I have helped bring compatibility of Docker Containers to IBM's biggest selling line of servers - Z System mainframe.
Master's Degree in Strategic Management
Rotterdam School of Management - Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Bachelor's Degree in Business Information Systems
American University in Bulgaria - Bulgaria
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
American University in Bulgaria - Bulgaria
EPAM SCRUM training
Agile Product Owner
Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC)
The Art of Project Management
International Business Consultatnts (IBC)
Pyramid Structuring - Result-driven Business Communication
Projectservices - ID 10525-003-002
Program and Portfolio Management
International Business Consultants (IBC)